[FM20] Playing with kids in the Caribbean

iamnobody

Since I wasn't able to go on a cruise this year to the Caribbean I decided to start a youth-only save there.  I loaded all 43 files from @timo to give me the chance to manage in any Concacaf country.  Even with loading all the countries it still was just over 22000 players so the game should move fast even if I don't post as fast as others.  Starting off there were about 150 job openings.  I applied at all of them and I'm starting with....

spacer.png

The Dieppe Bay Eagles in St. Kitts and Nevis.

spacer.png

They are in the Saint Kitts & Nevis First Division.  10 teams in the league.  The top 2 are promoted to the Premier League.

I'm starting with only 10 first team players.  The good news is that there 25 players on the reserve and U21 team so I should have plenty of players .  

Vision and Finances

spacer.png

If I spend my entire scouting budget it would put me in the red, lol.

spacer.png

Nov - Dec 2019

Not a bad start to the season, except for getting knocked out of the SKNFA Cup and not meeting board expectations.  Hopefully our league standing will make up for it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

One of my coaches is going on a course to earn his National C License.  I hope I can do the same when he is back.

Jan - Feb 2020

Our lack of depth is starting to show, but we are playing above expectations.   We are out of all the cups losing in extra time to a team in the division above us.  My assistant is out on a coaching course, but I was not allowed to go.  

spacer.png

There are only 18 games in this season. We can end up anywhere between Champions and 9th right now.  

spacer.png

Youth Candidates 2020

I didn't see a preview, but my youth candidates for this season are pretty good with at least one immediate first team starter.  I'm surprised it is so good since we are currently at poor youth facilities and adequate youth recruitment.  I won't show a preview for all the youth, just the top 5 or so.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

End of Season Report

I did not get the typical season summary, but below are the results.  We ended up winning the league with two games to spare.  I wasn't expecting to go up this season and I don't know how difficult the Premier league will be.  Also, I did not have an off-season.  I'm hoping it is just a 1 season thing, but since it's from an edited database it is hard to say.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pre-Season 2020/2021

Interesting pre-season as the following happened:

• Became semi-professional.  I can actually offer contract for money now.  My budget is $7,854 per week.  I'm spending $57 now.  I don't see this ever being a problem with a youth save.
  • Lost our first choice goalkeeper in a free transfer.  This one is going to hurt since there is no good replacement right now.
  • We are predicted to finish 12th this season (relegated) with 600-1 odds of winning the league.
  • We have our first international of this save as Clyde Liburd was called up to the U-20 Squad

Pre-season friendlies

spacer.png

Squad going into the season

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, Marazola said:

Nice, I did a youth only in Lesotho and Rwanda last year. Did you check to make sure the Caribbean Championships work? They didn't on the database that was available for FM 20.

I don't think it does.  I'm still trying to figure that out, but we'll see.

2020/202 First-half review

We are doing well so far in our first season in the Premier League.  We are still in all the cups and didn't lose anyone during the transfer window.  Only 5 points out of first (with a game in hand) and 15 points ahead of the relegation Zone.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

20/21 End of Season Review

spacer.png

spacer.png

Strong start and not a great 2nd half of the season, but we ended up 4th with no real fear of relegation which I am very happy with.  Newtown gave us our biggest loss of the season us beating us 5-0, but we got even by beating them for the SKNFA Cup.  

Squad by appearances is below.  Our youth players are starting to make an impact on the team.  

spacer.png

The board approved increasing youth facilities after the end of the season,  It might make a large impact on our finances since it will cost $140,000 and we only have just under $49,000 in the bank.  The good news is that I'm basically spending nothing on contracts right now ($68 p/w) so that shouldn't be affected by the large expense.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2021/2022 Pre-Season

spacer.png

Not much to write home about.  

Starting Squad

spacer.png

We are slowing getting better.  According to the pundits our odds of winning the title are 1000-1.  I'm hoping we'll do a bit better than expected and perhaps bear the 4th place we got last season.