Extreme battery drain

SeanMo

Device: iPad Pro 2020 11-inch, iPadOS 14.2

Game version: FMT 21.1.2

I’m getting 15-20% battery drain per game using 3D vertical scrolling camera, comprehensive highlights and 25% brightness as match viewing preferences. The device also gets extremely hot even to the point of being uncomfortable to hold at the end of a match.

For comparison, FMT 18.3.4 on the same device using the same aforementioned match viewing preferences, averages 2-3% battery drain per game and the device gets barely warm to the touch.

Is this a known bug or a feature of the newer 3D engine? I’m considering applying for a refund and going back to FMT 18 because at the moment I can only get about 4 games in a single charge.

Edited by SeanMo

I play on the exact same device and OS and while it certainly drains the battery like no other app and gets warm I can get a good 2-3 hours before charging (shocking compared to normal apps/games i know). But I do expect it to improve with updates. Zoom was shocking about 8 months ago and drained every iPad, but they’re better now. 

Edited by Englishhammer

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This is an issue which is now currently under review with our devs.

Below is the original thread for this issue if you would like to add comment there, locking this thread because of this.

Cheers,

Harry