Player thinks promotion is unrealistic, but we're favourites

I took over at Spurs after Luis Enrique managed to get them relegated in 2022 (20% win ratio... I mean, that seems like a bug in itself xD), and quite a few players are understandably unhappy about playing in the Championship.

Talked to Eric Dier about it and promised we'd get promoted this season, and this was his reaction... 

image.thumb.png.a6e6da83c520c599d45baaab3a8401de.png

To me, there seems to be two issues - the first being that the player thinks promotion is unrealistic (we're favourites, with 2-9 odds!!) and the second that there's no option to try to convince the player that the current squad is more than adequate to do get promoted.  I can promise to sign new players, I can promise your youngsters will get better, but there obvious option of "Our current team is absolutely capable of getting promoted" isn't there.

Pre-season odds:image.thumb.png.688809b717cb8306fea76187b9170bd0.png

Current league table: image.thumb.png.9108e7797ced03d04d8ff023b00c5967.png

3 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey @Matt_Ray

Do you happen to have a save just before the press conference? We will take a look, it certainly sounds odd :)

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support#text

Uploaded "Sandy Tait - Dier.fm" which is from a few weeks earlier but it should reproduce easily enough as Dier wasn't the only player I had this conversation with - nobody seemed to have any confidence we could make an immediate return!

Cheers :) 

• 2 months later...