Clearer format for adding new country in the editor

Supermercado99

By the looks of the Google and forum searches when I was working out how to do this a lot of people are interested in creating their own country and inserting it into the game world. Rather than having to do it the bootleg way of copying over a dead nation and trying to work things out from there, I propose settings in the editor to make it easier.

- No requirement to copy over a dead country but option in the nation database to choose which (if any) active country to replace

- A clearer way to qualify teams from this nation to continental cups (if it requires removing a country from the confederation make this clear and give the option)  

- Option to choose which country's name pool regens come from and/or to add specific names (and how about a name pool option, rather than having to create multiple first and last name journalists just to bias your name pool?)

- Option to alter the percentages of each facegen nationality for regens 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at creating/revamping countries to create an alternative reality world and the current system is not really conducive to this kind of tinkering. It's possible, but it doesn't make it easy.

The way I'd like to see it work is that you have a world map showing all local regions and the country borders.  You would then be able to add or remove regions from a country.  Unattached regions would be free to add to anther country or multi-select and 'Make country from selected regions'.  League creation within the country would then follow on from that with Create/Amend competitions for country.

You would then have a similar map representing the footballing world which would show the zones of the various governing bodies and here you would attach leagues or countries to the relevant federation or non-country specific competitions.

Edited by rp1966