Wrong Number of Teams (Advanced Rules) [FM21]

Brasillmatic

So I was trying to create a Pro/Rel structure in the US, as so many have before. I created the bare bones structure in basic rules, verified the rules, all worked fine. I changed it over to advanced rules, attempted to verify it again (without making any modifications) and got a 'wrong number of teams error'. In previous years with MLS teams, this error has come around when future teams (Austin, Charlotte in this year's case) were included in the structure, so I went ahead and erased the rules, removed them from my pyramid and made them extinct, then went ahead and recreated my league structure. Same error still comes up. Then I figured it might have been something with the playoff structure, so I started over without one; same issue. I did notice, however, with the playoff that the number of teams missing varied, even with the exact same file. Anybody have any help on this? Do I have to fully remove MLS/Austin/Charlotte as opposed to simply making them extinct? Anything would be super helpful. Thanks in advance!

Photos attached below are with Austin and Charlotte, with playoffs, but exact same file ran twice. Never had two different results come back for the same file before.

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png

usa pro rel test.fmf

Edited by Brasillmatic
spelling

23 hours ago, alian62 said:

usually its the relegation/promotions that cause this with the dates . Have a look at the dates when each league starts and finishes along with pro/rel

Checked the dates, all competitions ended in May and started in August, including the playoffs

16 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Probably caused by required teams section. Delete that list and try again.

Deleted the required teams list, didn't change anything. Maybe I could just delete the requirement in the competition, but I don't want my league to suddenly be smaller... Should I adjust the minimum and ignore it?

3 hours ago, Brasillmatic said:

Deleted the required teams list, didn't change anything. Maybe I could just delete the requirement in the competition, but I don't want my league to suddenly be smaller... Should I adjust the minimum and ignore it?

Check is your league set to flexible mode - not fixed.

Screenshot_170.thumb.png.a349495670240ae4f4f633c7b7d399d8.png