New Zealand - Add Māori language

Boyd The Beast

I'm an New Zealander, I not sure how many people actually play the game here. I've always suspected its not a big number. Then, I would think only a tiny fraction of those would be Te Reo speakers.

It would appear there are approximately 800,000 Welsh speakers, maybe 1.2m Irish speakers worldwide and 125,000 Te Reo speakers. Possibly more if you include those with a basic understanding of the language. Culturally, more Irish and Welsh are likely to play FM.

We are on a big Te Reo push here which is a real positive for both Native Maori and Kiwi's of European decent. Whilst I'd always be supportive of any minority language being introduced into the game I suspect there would need to be demand. This comes back to the number of Maori playing Football Manager, I'm just not convinced its a big number.

Still, it would be welcome.

9 hours ago, janrzm said:

I'm an New Zealander, I not sure how many people actually play the game here. I've always suspected its not a big number. Then, I would think only a tiny fraction of those would be Te Reo speakers.

It would appear there are approximately 800,000 Welsh speakers, maybe 1.2m Irish speakers worldwide and 125,000 Te Reo speakers. Possibly more if you include those with a basic understanding of the language. Culturally, more Irish and Welsh are likely to play FM.

We are on a big Te Reo push here which is a real positive for both Native Maori and Kiwi's of European decent. Whilst I'd always be supportive of any minority language being introduced into the game I suspect there would need to be demand. This comes back to the number of Maori playing Football Manager, I'm just not convinced its a big number.

Still, it would be welcome.

I'm not asking for it to be a game language but rather it be a language in the database. Other examples from the game besides Welsh and Irish would be Quechua and Aymara which are indigenous languages in South American from the Peru, Chile and Bolivian region.

Edited by Boyd The Beast
Weird formatting error

• 2 months later...