[FM21] Sunderland 'Til I die

nyg

7 hours ago, Vladson said:

EPL teams have Champions league etc... it seems the fatigue is more. don`t know why.

But again, I don't think the number of games per season matters much - IF you plan well. Rotate enough. Which means rotating a lot. Usually not starting the same players more than once a week. Of course it can be annoying, and in the short term give worst results, to often not start your best players. But in the long term you will be better off if you prioritize to keep everyone fresh.

To do this, you of course also need to be good at squad planning /squad building. Basically having to decent option in each outfield position. And as mentioned, probably at least 20 decent outfield players in your first team squad, plus that you will still need to regularly use players from the U21's/U18's, primarily on the bench, in case of occasional injuries, fatigue, low match, sharpness, suspensions etc.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Vladson said:

Intersting, i have user tactic with possesion footbal focus (4-3-3 wide), but home page says my tactical style is route one.

The preset Gegenpress tactics are much better. In FM21 I believe the preset 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress is the best one. But of course you need to manage stuff well as mentioned earlier. Rotate enough, have a sufficient squad so you can rotate, using all 5 subs rather early in the matches etc. If you do that, when you gain tactical familiarity with this tactics, you will probably do much better than with your current one. Not the first couple of months when tactical familiarity is bad, it's always like that. But in the long run it should be better. You can also do nothing and just try this in your next save.

В 14.10.2023 в 09:19, danej сказал:

No, because they only play 38 league games in the Premier League. 46 league matches in the leagues below. Besides, most PL teams don't play in Europe. Besides, PL teams don't play in extra cups such as the Papa John's Trophy.

Man I understand this, but playing 2 matches a week for sunderland and liverpool is a huge difference. I played both and I tell you... the fatigue in sunderland is accumulated more heavily. In the same surroundings.

Edited by Vladson

10 часов назад, Vladson сказал:

Intersting, i have user tactic with possesion footbal focus (4-3-3 wide), but home page says my tactical style is route one.

Can smb help? Can it be a bug?

Edited by Vladson

6 hours ago, Vladson said:

Man I understand this, but playing 2 matches a week for sunderland and liverpool is a huge difference. I played both and I tell you... the fatigue in sunderland is accumulated more heavily. In the same surroundigs.

Perhaps. In principle, worse players get fatigued more easily. However, I have never personally had any problems with this, at least when managing in League One and above. Perhaps you need to rotate even more etc. with Sunderland than with Liverpool. But it should work well with Sunderland as well, and most League One teams for that matter.