Goalkeepers

What has happened to Goalkeepers in FM09?

Is it me or are goalkeepers without the ball like Jade Goody, often scared of running towards the ball or making complete howlers you wouldn't see in the Sunday League.

Yet with the ball they are all like David Beckham, even in the Conference North they can hit 80 yard balls with pin-point accuracy?

This needs to be sorted out for the next patch. I just lost in Scottish League Cup after conceding an own goal where my player passed it back, and the goalkeeper just stood there and let it roll in. I've seen far too many silly goals like that, and goalkeepers also seem incapable of saving penalties. Aside from the keepers, the match engine seems fine, but it is extremely frustrating.

Yeh there does seem far too many one on ones from keepers kicks.

Within ten mins of my game I have had my goalie run of his line, dive over the ball and the striker run through and tap in, then a few mins later my central defender not under that much pressure decided to rifle the ball into the bottom corner instead of an easy pass back.

Surely a goalkeeper/passback fix has to be sorted sooner rather than later as its becoming unplayable.

Archived