Transfer nonsense (FM19)

I'm assuming/ hoping this is just a Bug that has been/ will be fixed in subsequent FM versions, but I recently had the following experience in FM19 and wondering if anyone else had the same.

I was managing a team in the Championship and had a player on loan from Man Utd. He was playing great for me, so at various times during the course of the season I would put a transfer bid in for him - his status at Utd was "Not Needed" so I'd initially make lowball offers, but eventually for his value ($7m-ish). Every time it was "negotiated" by Man Utd to something ridiculous like $50m. 

I ended the season with promotion, so made the players permanent signing my first priority. Before the season had ended I began the same dance with Man Utd - eventually offering up to $25m for this guy, but still they insisted on >$50m for him. I then switched tactic and attempted to to renew his loan, trying to include various Mandatory Future Fees, again up to around $25m, but each time the offer was returned with this clause removed.

Eventually just to get this guy locked in for another season I removed the clause and the offer was accepted. However by sheer fortune, I couldn't actually officially finalize the renewed loan as I already had 2 players on loan (Premier League limit), so the player returned to Utd.

When the next transfer window rolled around shortly after, I was able to terminate one of my existing loans, and get this player in on loan. However once confirmed, I was surprised to see that the player "was happy to join my club as he had recently been transfer listed by his parent club". I checked his status and yup, he was now transfer listed with an asking price of just $3.3m!

Ultimately it's all worked out, and I'll be able to get the player in for a decent price - but the fact that Utd were turning down much higher bids just weeks prior to transfer listing him really sucked the realism out of the process.

Anyway, hopefully it's a known issue and can be addressed in the future.

17 minutes ago, AlexJames said:

Eventually just to get this guy locked in for another season I removed the clause and the offer was accepted. However by sheer fortune, I couldn't actually officially finalize the renewed loan as I already had 2 players on loan (Premier League limit), so the player returned to Utd.

When the next transfer window rolled around shortly after, I was able to terminate one of my existing loans, and get this player in on loan. However once confirmed, I was surprised to see that the player "was happy to join my club as he had recently been transfer listed by his parent club". I checked his status and yup, he was now transfer listed with an asking price of just $3.3m!

Ultimately it's all worked out, and I'll be able to get the player in for a decent price - but the fact that Utd were turning down much higher bids just weeks prior to transfer listing him really sucked the realism out of the process.

Sounds like something happened in that period. Possibly a falling out with management after a rejected bid, which lead to him getting listed. It's possible to go from not wanting (or needing) to sell, to something happening and being way more open to sell a troublemaker.