Is being wanted by top clubs a sign?

Hi folks - When deciding between two prospects (yes yes just buy both ;-) that are more or less equal and one of them is being trailed by a bunch of top clubs and the other is not, I have assumed the top clubs wanting a player is a good sign.

I know it's not that simple, but could that be taken for a leading indicator that 20yr old 75 rated BPD has a better chance of reaching his potential than that other 75 rated 20yr old?

Yes of course there is no guarantee the player will pan out, but I would think the big clubs with big scouting staffs and big expectations would only look to poach top talent.

Edited by CaptCanuck

That depends. Maybe quality wise you are right, but I for one consider other aspects when making new signings, like how much do I have to pay or how easily is he going to be distracted with interest from other clubs. Sometimes I would prefer signing the other guy just cause I pay less and he is quiet and growing at a steady pace in my team, albeit he doesnt have a higher ceiling like the other one.

Chances are the one who is wanted by the better clubs will have a higher reputation, it is never necessarily a sign that one is better than the other and the 75 rating is generally dependent on other factors such as form, professionalism/ambition and reputation. An unambitious individual tends not to develop very well for example.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'd not thought about reputation before and absolutely all things being equal I'm taking the guy who has the better mentality and all the other bits.

Agreed @Muttley84 - we're getting a better club reputation now (Continental ****) but previously I'd be happy with the 3.5/4 * prospect for the reasons you mentioned as opposed to the 4.5/5*.