I'm a muppet: Cannot figure out Tactics Roles/Position behaviour

Hi folks,

I'd hoped there was a simple flag or shortcut menu option I was missing, so I initially posted this in the quick hitter questions thread and it got removed, so maybe it's not so simple:

• How can you make your player assignments in "Tactics > Formation Screen" retain their assignments when you switch formations? I want Sissoko and Tonali in the opposite spot for my two formations, but if a switch one, it switches the other.
    2223_BHA_ARGH.thumb.jpg.2e39cad1da23958994c0b7c9a2656312.jpg
    I really am missing something? Is "Save Team selection" it, but then you need to reload it each time?
    I guess this is done to save DB hits, although I'd think it's light weight enough to be cached/autosaved for each tactic? Anyways that's neither here nor there.
  • Now this all lead me to more head scratching, do I need to have the players in their slots for each formation in Tactics or that is handled via "Player > Development > Position/Role/Duty" dropdown list?

Maybe it's the end of the week and my brain has melted, but any assistance to help me going 'round the houses here is appreciated. Thanks!

If I understand correctly in your first tactic you want Tonali as a DLP in the DM strata and Sissoko as a BWM in the CM strata. Then in your second tactic you want Tonali as a DLP in the CM strata and Sissoko as HB in the DM stata?

If thats the case in your second tactic if you drag the LCM with Sissoko in (so where you want to Tonali to play DLP) somewhere random, move Tonali's DM icon to that position and set his role as you want, then move Sissoko's icon to the DM strata as a HB.

Hopefully that makes sense and works. I might be wrong but I think I've done that before. I could be wrong though, apologies if I am.

Thanks for indulging me @OJ403

Ya that was the last thing I tried before starting the thread :-) As I was out of ideas at that point. Maybe I'm just being a pedant and everyone else lives with multiple tactics not being independent of each other, in this regards? As my searching didn't turn anything up.

It just looks like a bug to me, or at a minimum poor user interaction, that one affects the other. If it has no impact on tactical familiarity then I guess it doesn't matter in terms of game play and is only poor UI design. I'm going to play some more 3-card monte with them until I've finally had enough :-)