How to build Supercopa Libertadores

Wolf_pd

I am trying to rebuild the Supercopa Libertadores which is a tournament between every previous winner of the Copa Libertadores.

Does anyone have a clue how to do this in Basic Rules (if even possible?)?

I can go with all previous winners by choosing specific teams and then pick the last winner as well. But after that it becomes murky and is probably a job for Advanced Rules. I am not even sure this would work in Advanced Rules, but feel free to enlighten me :)

15 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I am trying to rebuild the Supercopa Libertadores which is a tournament between every previous winner of the Copa Libertadores.

Does anyone have a clue how to do this in Basic Rules (if even possible?)?

I can go with all previous winners by choosing specific teams and then pick the last winner as well. But after that it becomes murky and is probably a job for Advanced Rules. I am not even sure this would work in Advanced Rules, but feel free to enlighten me :)

How many teams?

Groups, but I am still torn on which size exactly.

26 is pretty much an impossible number...

Edit: nevermind, 6 groups of 4 with two teams having byes is what works for now.

You should go for 8x4. In your case 6 groups will be with 3 teams in season 1. After that you can have more teams. Also you can set 32 teams max and last team from winner list can loose their spot if some new team wins CL.

Good point. Is that workable in Basic? The uneven division I mean.

I know how to handle the min and max in Advanced, so that's not an issue.

No problem. I'll see if it works, if not, I do a basic setup in basic rules and then rework it in Advanced Rules. I know enough in the meantime to set this up.

Thanks for thinking along :)