First Time not fully understanding

I am trying to start an online classic league with a friend. I have never played an online game before.

How does it work exactly I set up a game and set a server name and password. Does my friend now just go to an "join online game' search for the server name i set and it should appear?

Also does who ever set up the server have to be online for the other person to play and then you move through the days together or are they able to play to a certain point say to the next match day before they can move any further.

yep so set your name/pw and who you want to allow access too. so friends or anyone will be fine, you'll have it password protected anyway.

1d10b60e5033214a1003ac03ac9e7282.png

you will have to have the game loaded on your end for your friend to see the game, obviously. if you are both controlling a team, it will wait for you both to press continue before moving forward hours/days. a little icon will display in the 'continue' box to indicate how many people are left to press continue.

in the 'game status' screen, it will list who is in and who is managing a team. so if you loaded the save, but didn't take control of your team, your friend could take control of his and continue processing through the season without you. similar if you were to stay in control but go on holiday and your friend didnt, he could continue playing as normal.

e4f18f2849d471a0cc91ae51961db09e.png

there are other options in the preferences to set timers on continuing, once it's waiting for 1 person (or percentage of players) can also limit match details and the likes. but with just the 2 of you, you probably won't need that.

• Andy H locked this topic