Adding more leagues deep into a save, what can I expect?

Is this working smooth as intended or can I expect a buggy experience? I've done this before, on FM16 or FM14 I believe, and it wasn't entirely satisfactory. I remember some new players appeared that seemed completely unrealistic, i.e strikers with 20 marking, tackling, positioning etc. I remember even posting about it back then. If it's gonna be buggy like that I'd rather not have em, but I'm currently running my Everton save with just the English league system loaded. I'd like to add the big guns (Spa/Ita/Ger/Fra) and maybe Holland and Sweden if my cpu can handle it.

It still adds players to leagues which didn't have enough. You could always just not sign those players, it will be obvious who they are because you can check their career history and it will begin the year you added the league. Tbf to SI if they didn't do this then it would be too easy and there wouldn't be enough players and you do have the option of adding every player in the game so that this doesn't need to happen but obv it would slow down your game.