The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Nine: Time for a Trip with the Bhoys)

mark wilson27

So after sometime away from the club scene I decided to get back into the daily grind. I have moved myself up north and try my luck in Scotland with one its most famous clubs Celtic. I have been given a three year contract.

Season Seventeen: 2032/33
September 2032:
September 5th:
I have decided to keep the same Captain and Vice Captain from the previous managers reign with Milos Mitrovic staying as Captain and Matthew Ross as Vice Captain. I take over the club who's sitting top of the table after four games with ten points.

The squad I have to play with is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Zak  McGuire (ENG 30), JJ Pearce (ENG 25)

Defenders:
Nenad Milovanovic (SRB 31), Danys Jenkinson (ATG 28), Joe Moore (ENG 24), Biser Aleksiev (BUL 26), Andreas Lindgren (SWE 25), Matthew Ross (ENG 31) Vice Captain, Leigh Cook (BRB 27), Mirko Rozzi (ITA 20)

Midfielders:
Fernando Dias (POR 27), Milos Mitrovic (AUT 27) Captain, Ahmed Benali (MAR 24), Michael Pfeiffer (FRA 19) On Loan, Ianis Hagi (ROU 33), Rory Knowles (IRL 28), Ziz Ezra (ISR 24), Didier Dias (POR 31), Connor Brown (ENG 27), Scott Cameron (SCO 23) On Loan, Tomas Jelinek (CZE 20)

Attackers:
Benedict Mason (ENG 30), Narong Nakchamnarn (ENG 25), Ciaren McGee (ENG 25)

The squad is not too shabby but I have quite a few midfielders and not enough strikers however I will have to deal with what I've got for now.
I was also informed that I.Hagi will be missing for at least seven weeks after suffering a double Hernia in training.

September 12th:
Inverness CT (a) Ladbrokes Premiership (5/36)
A poor start in my first game saw L.Cook conceding a silly penalty in the 9th minute however we got away with it as the Inverness striker fired the penalty high and wide of the goal. Inverness though carried on piling on the pressure and on the 27th minute they got the lead they deserved with J.McMillan heading over JJ Pearce after my defence seemed to be still asleep. Just before the break they had another chance with a curling effort which had my keeper at full stretch to save. The second half was alittle better as we started to actually play the beautiful game  and on the 53rd minute we had the chance to equalise as N.Nakchamnarn fired just wide of the post. Ten minutes later our cause was helped as F.Quintansa was given a second yellow card which meant a red for a foul in the area, T.Jelinek stepped up and fired the penalty into the top corner to give the keeper no chance of saving, With numeral advantage we started to control the play of the game but it took us till the 86th minute to get the winner as N.Nakchamnarn ran through the defence with real ease and fired with pace under the Inverness keeper.

Inverness CT 1-2 Celtic J.McMillan 27 / T.Jelinek 64 pen, N.Nakchamnarn 86

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook (J.Moore), A.Lindgren, D.Dias, M.Mitrovic (F.Dias), T.Jelinek, C.Brown, C.McGee (B.Mason), N.Nakchamnarn

September 16th:
SK Sturm Graz (h) EURO Cup Grp B (1/6)
We began the better with some excellent play and on the 13th minute we had the chance to take the lead with a low shot from C.McGee which beat the keeper but clipped the outside of the upright. Eight minutes later we had another chance with C.Brown heading a D.Dias cross straight into the keepers arms. We were all over Sturm Graz and on the 26th minute we finally got the lead we deserved as N.Nakchamnarn beat the offside trap and rounded the keeper to fire into the empty net. Just before the break we came close again with N.Nakchamnarn heading over the crossbar from a M.Mitrovic cross. The second half was much the same with some excellent play however for all our pressure we couldn't break down the stubborn defence and ended up failing to add to our total. For me though I was happy for the three points.

Celtic 1-0 SK Sturm Graz N.Nakchamnarn 26

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, D.Dias, M.Mitrovic (J.Moore), T.Jelinek (F.Dias), C.Brown (B.Mason), C.McGee, N.Nakchamnarn

Other Group B Result: Arsenal 4-1 Dnipro

September 19th:
Aberdeen (h) (6/36)
We were the better side and on the 17th minute we took the lead as M.Mitrovic beat the offside trap and fired under the Aberdeen keeper. Ten minutes later we came close to a second goal as N.Nakchamnarn ran through the defence and fired with pace past the keeper but also past the upright. On the 39th minute though Aberdeen had the chance to equalise which had JJ Pearce at full stretch to save.
The second half was much the same as we piled on the pressure however on the 67th minute we were countered as D.Black ran onto a long ball and fired under my keeper to silence the crowd. We reacted well though and upped the gears even more and with eight minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the winner as M.Mitrovic curled one in from the edge of the area.

Celtic 2-1 Aberdeen M.Mitrovic 17, 82 / D.Black 67

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, D.Dias, M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek, C.Brown, C.McGee (F.Dias), N.Nakchamnarn (B.Mason)

September 21st:
Transfer news sees A.Channer joining Viktoria Plzen for £325,000

September 22nd:
Inverness CT (h) Betfred ¼ Final
Not a great game for the fans with the first half dragging along at a snail pace. Neither my side or the Inverness side came close to either sides goal. In fact there was nothing of note in truth.
The second half was pretty much the same with dire play however with fifteen minutes remaining on the clock we grabbed the winner as M.Mitrovic crossed into the area and B.Mason headed home to give us the win and a semi final spot. Dire dire game though

Celtic 1-0 Inverness CT B.Mason 75

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson (J.Moore), M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, D.Dias, M.Mitrovic (R.Knowles), T.Jelinek (N.Milovanovic), C.Brown, C.McGee, B.Mason

The draw for the Semi Final of the Betfred Cup sees my side being drawn away from home against Premiership side Hamilton

September 25th:
Injury news sees A.Lindgren out for around a month after straining his groin in a training session, we will also be missing M.Rozzi for around 5 weeks with a sports hernia

Ross County (a) (7/36)
A great start for my side saw us a goal up on the 5th minute as B.Mason beat the offside trap to fire in after running onto a T.Jelinek through-ball. Ten minutes later we should have grabbed another goal with a stunning strike from outside the area from M.Mitrovic but the Ross County keeper saved brilliantly to deny him. Just before the half hour though we conceded a silly goal as a loose pass by B.Aleksiev was intercepted and D.Moreno fired past the outstretched arms of JJ Pearce. It didn't get any better for us as another poor defensive error saw J.Norman rounding JJ Pearce and slotting into the empty net.
The second half was all my side as they reacted to the half time hair dryer and on the 63rd minute we had the chance to equalise from the penalty spot after B.Mason's effort was handled, C.McGee stepped up and fired wide of the post. Eight minutes later we had another chance with R.Knowles curling the ball towards goal but the Ross County keeper again saved the day with a fine stop. On the 77th minute we finally got the equaliser we deserved with C.McGee hitting home from the penalty spot after B.Mason was fouled in the area. We carried on the forward pressure but just couldn't get past the excellent Ross County keeper.

Ross County 2-2 Celtic D.Moreno 29, J.Norman 44 / B.Mason 5, C.McGee 77 pen

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, B.Aleksiev, D.Dias (J.Moore), M.Mitrovic (Z.Ezra), T.Jelinek, C.Brown (R.Knowles), C.McGee, B.Mason

September 30th:
Dnipro (a) EURO Cup Grp B (2/6)
We dominated the start of the game and on the 18th minute we were in the lead as C.McGee ran with the ball and fired with pace past the keeper and into the back of the net. Four minutes later we made it two nil as the same player finished a great team move by firing a C.Brown pass under the Dnipro keeper. Just after the half hour we had another chance as C.McGee unselfishly passed the ball across goal to B.Mason who fired well wide of the goal when to was easier to score. 
The second half was five minutes old when we yet another chance with M.Mitrovic curling into the area but N.Nakchamnarn headed straight into the keepers arms. On the 66th minute though a poor clearance by  JJ Pearce was superbly fired straight back into the back of the net by T.Florescu. Ten minutes later we had our next chance as N.Nakchamnarn played a one two with C.McGee but his final effort was pretty dire and went high and wide of the goal. With two minutes remaining in the game we let ourselves down as my defence switched off for one second and G.Simeonov curled one in past JJ Pearce to give the home side an undeserved share of the points

Dnipro 2-2 Celtic T.Florescu 66, G.Simeonov 88 / C.McGee 18, 22

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, B.Aleksiev, Z.Ezra, M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek (N.Milovanovic), C.Brown (J.Moore), C.McGee, B.Mason (N.Nakchamnarn)

Other Group Result: SK Sturm Graz 1-2 Arsenal

After the game I was informed that N.Nakchamnarn will be out for around 2-3 weeks after pulling his calf muscle during the match

The end of the month sees my side in 2nd spot on the same points as leaders Ross County who are above us on goal difference. The bottom of the table is taken up by Partick Thistle with Inverness CT in the other relegation spot.

October 2032:
October 1st:
After a month with the club I received the Manager of the Month award for September after winning two out of the three league games

October 3rd:
Hamilton (a) (8/36)
A brilliant start saw us taking the lead on the 3rd minute as C.McGee headed in a Z.Ezra cross. Two minutes later we added a second goal with T.Jelinek hitting a thunderous effort from outside the area. It was far too easy and on the 16th minute T.Jelinek made it three nil with a rasping shot from the edge of the area to beat the keeper at his near post. Hamilton weren't near us and on the 42nd minute we grabbed goal number four with B.Mason heading a M.Mitrovic corner past the keeper.
The second half however was a different story as we relaxed far too much and on the 59th minute Hamilton had to chance to score from the penalty spot after L.Cook fouled in the area, luckily for us JJ Pearce guessed right and saved the penalty. On the 73rd minute though my keeper went from hero to zero as he punted a ball straight into the path  of S.Graham who lashed it back into the net. With nine minutes remaining in the Hamilton pulled another goal back as T.Culfaut slotted in from close range however it was too little too late.

Hamilton 2-4 Celtic S.Graham 73, T.Culfaut 81 / C.McGee 3, T.Jelinek 5, 16, B.Mason 42

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, B.Aleksiev, Z.Ezra, M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek, C.Brown, C.McGee, B.Mason

October 7th:
Transfer news sees Z.Ezra's move to West Brom falling through after West Brom cancelled the deal due to a change of manager

October 16th:
Hibernian (h) (9/36)
Ten minutes into the game we were a goal up with J.Moss doing the honours from close range after running through the defence with real ease. On the 18th minute we added a second goal with C.McGee firing in from the penalty spot after his initial effort was handled in the area. Eight minutes later we came close to grabbing another goal with a low shot from C.McGee which had the keeper at full stretch to save. We were all over Hibs and just after the half hour C.McGee had another chance with a powerful strike which rattled the crossbar. A minute before the half time whistle we grabbed another however D.Jenkinson's header went over JJ Pearce for an own goal. On the stroke of half time Hibs grabbed another goal to equalise as J.McCarthy jinked through the defence with real ease and fired under JJ.Pearce who was slow to react.
After half time rollicking I gave the players they came out fighting and on the hour mark we retook the lead with J.Moore hitting home from just outside the area. We carried on the forward pressure  and on the 75th minute we had a goal ruled out for offside after L.Cook looked to have strayed offside. Deep into injury time we got the killer goal as L.Cook was brought down, C.McGee stepped up and fired with pace past the keeper to give us a 4-2 win.

Celtic 4-2 Hibernian J.Moss 10, C.McGee 18 pen, 90+3 pen, J.Moore 60 / D.Jenkinson 44 og, J.McCarthy 45 +2

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore, B.Aleksiev, Z.Ezra (D.Dias), M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek (R.Knowles), C.Brown (L.Cook), C.McGee

• 2 weeks later...

October 21st:
Arsenal (a) EURO Cup Grp B (3/6) 
We struggled to get going in the first half as Arsenal dominated play. On the 12th minute they had the first effort with a long range shot which rattled the crossbar thanks to a finger tip touch from JJ Pearce. Eight minutes later they had another chance as they broke  through the defence but D.Jenkinson slid in brilliantly to remove the ball from the feet of the striker. We were being outplayed and on the half hour Arsenal grabbed the lead they deserved with D.Mastrogiannis running onto a through-ball and firing with power under JJ Pearce. With four minutes remaining in the half I was forced into a change as N.Milenkovic replaced the injured C.Brown. Just before the break they had another chance as they yet again broke through the defence but the final effort was as poor as the defending.
The second half was a lot better for us after some famous Wilson words were said. Six minutes into the half we grabbed the equaliser with a powerful strike from T.Jelinek which gave the Arsenal keeper no chance of saving. On the 65th minute we had another chance to score with D.Jenkinson curling the ball into the area but R.Knowles headed just wide of the post. Twelve minutes later we took the lead as C.McGee showed some great skill to beat the Arsenal defence and wasted no time in firing past the keeper. With three minutes remaining in the game we had the chance to add a third goal as R.Knowles fired straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score.

Arsenal 1-2 Celtic D.Mastrogiannis 30 / T.Jelinek 51, C.McGee 77

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore, B.Aleksiev, Z.Ezra, M.Mitrovic (D.Dias), T.Jelinek, C.Brown (inj 41 – N.Milovanovic), C.McGee, J.Moss (R.Knowles)

Other Group B Result:
Dnipro 1-1 SK Sturm Graz

After the game I was informed that C.Brown will be out for around two months after tearing a knee ligament during the game

October 27th:
Hamilton (a) Betfred Cup Semi Final
We started the better and on the 16th minute we took the lead as J.Moss hit a thunderous effort into the top corner of the net to give the Hamilton keeper no chance of saving. Soon after we had another chance with a low shot which clipped the wrong side of the post and went out. We were all over Hamilton and on the 29th minute J.Moss had the chance to double his tally as he saw the keeper off his line and tried a cheeky lob but the ball bounced off the top of the netting. On the stroke of half time we were awarded a penalty after N.Nakchamnarn was brought down in the area, however his penalty was as poor as the challenge and it went high and wide of the goal.
The second half saw us not really starting and Hamilton controlled the play. On the 65th minute they grabbed the equaliser as L.Dibble ran into the area unmarked and fired a volley past JJ Pearce. Three minutes later Hamilton grabbed the lead with a powerful strike from L.Dibble that saw my keeper looking on dumb founded at it. I was furious with the players and let rip. On the 76th minute Hamilton scored again as L.Morgan diverted a Z.Ezra cross past his own keeper to give us the equaliser. Hamilton carried on piling forward but on the stroke of full time we broke their hearts as R.Knowles latched onto a loose ball and fired under the Hamilton keeper to send us through to the final. However I was far from happy with the second half performance

Hamilton 2-3 Celtic L.Dibble 65, 68 / J.Moss 16, L.Morgan 76 og, R.Knowles 90

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross (D.Dias), J.Moore, B.Aleksiev, Z.Ezra, M.Mitrovic (I.Hagi), T.Jelinek (L.Cook), R.Knowles, N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

We will be facing Falkirk in the final which will be played on the 28th November at Hampden Park

The end of the month sees us top of the table on 23pts after nine games. We are a single point ahead of Ross County with two games in hand as well. The bottom of the table sees Hamilton on 7pts after ten games with Dundee a single point ahead on eleven games

November 2032:
November 1st:
Motherwell (a) (10/36)
We started well and on the 11th minute we took the lead as N.Nakchamnarn beat the offside trap and fired under the keeper with ease. Twelve minutes later we came close to another goal with J.Moss rattling the upright from outside the area. On the 39th minute we had yet another chance as J.Moss ran onto a R.Knowles through-ball but his final effort went just wide of the post.
The second half was all my side and on the 67th minute N.Nakchamnarn had an effort cleared off the line after a low shot. Six minutes later the same player had yet another chance with a what should have been a simple tap in but his effort was brilliantly saved by the keeper. With ten minutes remaining in the game we finally got the second goal we deserved as J.Moss rose above the defence and headed a M.Mitrovic cross past the Motherwell keeper to secure all three points.

Motherwell 0-2 Celtic N.Nakchamnarn 11, J.Moss 80

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross (L.Cook), J.Moore, B.Aleksiev, Z.Ezra (C.McGee), M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek (I.Hagi), R.Knowles, N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

November 4th:
Arsenal (h) EURO Cup Grp B (4/6)
We came out the blocks the better and on the 19th minute we took the lead as Z.Ezra hit a free-kick into the top corner after J.Moss was brought down on the way to goal. Soon after we had another chance with a low shot from R.Knowles which stung the fingers of the keeper. On the 34th minute Arsenal had the chance to equalise but J.Moore blocked the effort on the line. Five minutes later the same player doubled our lead with a brilliant header from M.Mitrovic's cross. On the 43rd minute we were awarded a penalty after J.Moss was brought down in the area, N.Nakchamnarn stepped up and fired wide of the goal.. The Arsenal keeper kicked the resulting goal kick poorly out and T.Jelinek lashed it back into the net. On the stroke of half time though Arsenal pulled a goal back as A.O'Connor took advantage of some lazy play to make it 3-1 going into the break.
The second half was eleven minutes old when we grabbed our fourth goal as J.Moss beat the keeper with a low shot which gave the Arsenal keeper no chance of saving. On the 68th minute we had another chance to score as C.McGee hit a powerful strike towards goal but the Arsenal keeper managed to tip the ball over the crossbar. With three minutes remaining in the game Arsenal had the chance to score a second but JJ Pearce saved well to deny them. An excellent victory for my side

Celtic 4-1 Arsenal Z.Ezra 19, J.Moore 39, T.Jelinek 44, J.Moss 56 / A.O'Connor 45+1

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore, B.Aleksiev, Z.Ezra, M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek (I.Hagi), R.Knowles, N.Nakchamnarn (D.Dias), J.Moss (C.McGee)

Other Grp B Result: 
SK Sturm Graz 1-1 Dnipro

With the result we have qualified for the First Round Knockout stage

November 7th:
Partick Thistle (a) (11/36)
We controlled the first half with ease and it didn't take long till we had our first chance with a powerful effort from outside the effort but the Partick keeper saved brilliantly. On the 18th minute we had another chance as N.Nakchamnarn jinked into the area but again the keeper saved well. Five minutes later we took the lead as J.Moss barged into the area and fired with pace past the helpless keeper. On the 27th minute it was two nil with J.Moss again firing in with pace to beat the keeper at his near post. With two minutes remaining in the half we had yet another chance as J.Moss failed to complete his hat-trick as he fired wide of the post when it was easier to score. 
The second half was alittle quieter as we relaxed alittle however on the 59th minute we had a goal ruled out for for offside as N.Nakchamnarn ran onto a through-ball but mis-timed his run. It was a midfield battle but with seven minutes remaining in the game another goal was scored as S.Montero headed in a looping cross to give Partick something to cheer for.

Partick Thistle 1-2 Celtic S.Montero 83 / J.Moss 23, 27

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra, M.Mitrovic (D.Dias), T.Jelinek (I.Hagi), R.Knowles (C.McGee), N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

November 16th: 
Injury news sees young defender M.Rozzi out for around 2-3 months after injuring his hip during training

November 20th:
Hearts (h) (12/36)
Not the start to the game I wanted as we went a goal down on the 2nd minute as C.Hudson headed Hearts into the lead after some woeful marking by my defence. However we reacted well and started to actually wake up. On the 15th minute we had our first chance with a thunderous effort from R.Knowles which cracked against the crossbar. Nine minutes later we grabbed the equaliser as J.Moss ran onto a T.Jelinek through-ball and fired under the keeper. On the 28th minute we added another goal with J.Moss doubling his tally with a curling shot which gave the Hearts keeper no chance of saving. We were in complete control.
The second half was much the same as we controlled play but we only managed the one goal with J.Moss completing his hat-trick on the 78th minute to give us a 3-1 win.

Celtic 3-1 Hearts J.Moss 24, 28, 78 / C.Hudson 2

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson (L.Cook), M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra (D.Dias), I.Hagi, T.Jelinek, R.Knowles (C.McGee), N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

November 25th:
SK Sturm Graz (a) EURO Cup Grp B (5/6)
We didn't really get going in the game and on the 14th minute we were a goal down as D.Pentz slotted in from close range after my whole side defended very poorly. Six minutes later they came close to adding another goal as they broke through the defence with real ease but luckily for us JJ Pearce was on hand to block the effort.  Just before the break we had the referee to thank as he ruled a goal out for offside when it look on to me. The second half was alittle better as my players actually decided to up their game however it took till the 67th minute for us to come close to scoring as R.Knowles rattled the upright from 20 yards. With eight minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the equaliser as C.McGee fired in with power however that was his last touch of the game as he pulled a muscle in celebrating, unfortunately we were forced to play the rest of the game with ten men after I had used all my subs for the match

SK Sturm Graz 1-1 Celtic D.Pentz 14 / C.McGee 82

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson (D.Dias), M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra, I.Hagi, T.Jelinek (L.Cook), R.Knowles, N.Nakchamnarn (C.McGee inj 82 – No replacement), J.Moss

Other Grp B Result:
Dnipro 1-2 Arsenal

After the game I was informed that C.McGee could be out for just over a month after tearing his groin muscle during the game

November 28th:
The draw for the Scottish Cup 4th Rd has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Championship side Cowdenbeath

Falkirk (Hampden Park, Glasgow) Betfred Cup Final
The game started slowly with the majority of the play being played in the middle third of the pitch. It took till the 19th minute for the first real effort of the game as J.Weir beat my defence but the final effort went wide of the post. Five minutes later we grabbed the first goal of the game as J.Moss ran onto a R.Knowles through-ball and fired under C.Bullen who was slow to react.. On the 39th minute we had another chance with T.Jelinek rattling the crossbar from outside the area after spotting C.Bullen off the line. On the stroke of half time we finally got the second goal we deserved as I.Hagi curled a free-kick into the top corner of the net after J.Moss was brought down just outside the area

Half Time Score 0-2

The second was eleven minutes old when we grabbed a third goal with I.Hagi jinking through the defence and fired with power under C.Bullen. On the 67th minute we had another chance with a thunderous effort from J.Moss which stung the fingers of the keeper. Ten minutes later Falkirk had their second chance of the game as J.McKay ran onto a loose pass and wasted no time in firing past JJ Pearce but the upright came to our help. On the stroke of full time we had the final chance as A.Lindgren hit a powerful strike towards goal but the keeper saved well to deny us

Falkirk 0-3 Celtic J.Moss 24, I.Hagi 45, 56

Falkirk: C.Bullen, A.Gemmell, E.Runciman, J.Souttar, S.Smith, L.Stewart (T.Ferguson), G.Mulgrew, R.Fulton, J.Araujo (A.Nicol), V.Hallfredsson (capt), J.Weir (J.McKay)

Celtic: JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross (capt), J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra, I.Hagi, T.Jelinek, R.Knowles, N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

Booked: Celtic: T.Jelinek, Z.Ezra, M.Ross, I.Hagi, R.Knowles

The end of the month sees top of the table some 7pts clear of second placed Aberdeen who we have two games in hand over. The bottom of the table sees Hamilton on 8pts with Dundee on 14pts who are only in the relegation spot via goal difference over Inverness

December 2032:
December 1st:
I have been awarded the Scottish Premiership Manager of the Month award for November and Joe Moss has been awarded the Player of the Month award.

Inverness CT (h) (13/36)
We starred brightly and it wasn't long till we came close to scoring with a low shot from N.Nakchamnarn which clipped the base of the upright and went out. On the 19th minute we had another chance with Z.Ezra crossing into the area but R.Knowles failed to connect with his header. We were all over Inverness and with eight minutes remaining in the half we grabbed the lead we deserved as J.Moss beat the offside trap and fired with pace past the Inverness keeper and into the back of the net.
The second half was much the same as we controlled the play and Inverness never got near the ball, On the 61st minute we came close to adding a second goal but J.Moss missed from close range after a great cross by I.Hagi evaded the Inverness defence. We had one last chance in the game as on the 85th minute N.Nakchamnarn missed from the penalty spot after L.Cook was fouled in the area. We really should've won by a lot more.

Celtic 1-0 Inverness CT J.Moss 37

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra (D.Dias), I.Hagi, T.Jelinek (M.Mitrovic), R.Knowles (L.Cook), N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

December 6th:
Aberdeen (a) (14/36)
The first half was a real non event with little in the way of football. The closest any side got to the goal was a tame shot by the Aberdeen strike force which had JJ Pearce just watching the ball sail over the goal. The second half was alittle better, well for my side anyway as we upped the gears and on the 54th minute we came close with a rasping effort from N.Nakchamnarn which clipped the outside of the upright. Six minutes later the same player stung the fingertips of the keeper from outside the area. We were all over Aberdeen and on the 65th minute we finally broke the deadlock as J.Moss tapped in the rebound from a N.Nakchamnarn shot which the keeper spilt. Aberdeen never got near the ball and on the 76th minute it was two nil with N.Nakchamnarn getting the goal he deserved with a well struck volley which about burst the net. With three minutes remaining in the game we had one last chance as N.Nakchamnarn again tested the keeper with a low effort which the Aberdeen keeper saved with his feet.

Aberdeen 0-2 Celtic J.Moss 65, N.Nakchamnarn 76

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross (D.Dias), J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra, I.Hagi, T.Jelinek (M.Mitrovic), R.Knowles (L.Cook), N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

December 9th:
Dnipro (h) EURO Cup Grp B (6/6)
The final game of the group stage and we played brilliantly. On the 4th minute we opened the scoring as a brilliant free-kick from Z.Ezra was headed in by J.Moore. Ten minutes later we had another chance as J.Moss's brilliant effort was diverted wide by the excellence of the Dnipro keeper. On the 29th minute it was N.Nakchamnarn who tested the opposition keeper as he ran through the defence with ease and fired towards goal but the keeper tipped the ball round the post. On the stroke of half time we finally got the second goal we deserved with T.Jelinek curling in from the corner of the area after spotting the Dnipro keeper off his line.
The second half was all us again and on the 61st minute we grabbed a third goal with J.Moss finally getting a goal with a well struck effort from just inside the area. Four minutes later he grabbed his second of the game as he beat the offside trap and fired a R.Knowles through-ball past the keeper. We weren't done with scoring as with eleven minutes remaining in the game N.Nakchamnarn played a one two with J.Moss to complete the rout.

Celtic 5-0 Dnipro J.Moore 4, T.Jelinek 45+1, J.Moss 61, 65, N.Nakchamnarn 79

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson (D.Dias), M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra (M.Mitrovic), I.Hagi, T.Jelinek (L.Cook), R.Knowles, N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

Other Group B Result:
Arsenal 4-0 SK Sturm Graz

The final standings sees us top of the table on 14pts with Arsenal in second on 12pts. SK Sturm Graz scored 3pts and so did Dnipro

December 12th:
Kilmarnock (h) (15/36)
The game was five minutes old when we took the lead as R.Knowles beat the offside trap to slide the ball under the onrushing keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance with a powerful strike from N.Nakchamnarn which smashed against the crossbar. We were controlling the game with ease and on the 34th minute we had another chance to score as J.Moss played a crafty one two with R.Knowles but his final effort went just wide of the post.
The second half was twelve minutes old when we came close to our second goal with a long range effort from I.Hagi that rose just over the keeper and crossbar. On the 63rd minute we got goal number two finally as L.Cook ran onto an A.Lindgren through-ball and fired with pace under the keeper. Two minutes later we should've added another goal but N.Nakchamnarn failed to convert a penalty after M.Mitrovic was hauled down in the area. On the stroke of full time we had our final chance with J.Moss heading wide of the post from a M.Ross cross.

Celtic 2-0 Kilmarnock R.Knowles 5, L.Cook 63

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson (D.Dias), M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra (M.Mitrovic), I.Hagi, T.Jelinek (L.Cook), R.Knowles, N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

December 13th:
The draw for the EURO Cup First Knockout Rd has taken place and we will be facing Dutch side PSV and the first leg will be played in Holland

EvilDave- It's not the most conventional path to be fair but fancied a trip up north. The league isnt in truth that challenging but I'm enjoying the success in Europe, lets hope it carries on

December 15th:
Ross County (h) (16/36)
Not the start I wanted as we were a goal down on the 13th minute as J.Norman beat my defence with far too much ease and fired under JJ Pearce who was very slow to react. Eight minutes later we had our first chance as J.Moss ran onto a N.Nakchamnarn through-ball and fired towards goal but the Ross County keeper saved well to deny him. With ten minutes remaining in the half we managed to equalise with N.Nakchamnarn hit a wonderful strike into the top corner of the net from outside the area.
The second half was three minutes old when we took the lead as M.Mitrovic showed some great vision to see the keeper off his line and wasted no time in lobbing him from twenty five yards. We started to get a grip fo the game and on the hour mark we came close with N.Nakchamnarn smashing the ball against the upright from six yards. On the 72nd minute we killed the game off as I.Hagi rose above the defence and headed a Z.Ezra cross past the Ross County keeper.

Celtic 3-1 Ross County N.Nakchamnarn 35, M.Mitrovic 48, I.Hagi 72 / J.Norman 13

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore (D.Dias), A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra, I.Hagi, T.Jelinek (M.Mitrovic), R.Knowles (L.Cook), N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

December 19th:
Hibernian (a) (17/36)
A dire start saw us a goal down within a minute as J.Rasmussen ran through my defence with far too much ease and fired under JJ Pearce who was far too slow to react. I was livid and had to be warned by the fourth official. On the 23rd minute Hibernian had another chance as they piled into the area with ease and unleashed a thunderbolt towards goal but D.Jenkinson diverted it wide. With ten minutes remaining in the half we finally had our first chance of the game as J.Moss ran onto a T.Jelinek through-ball and fired with power just over the crossbar.
The second half saw my players reacting to my half time words and on the 52nd minute we grabbed the equaliser as J.Moore rose above the defence and headed a Z.Ezra corner past the keeper. Twelve minutes later we had another chance as I Hagi curled the ball towards the top corner but the Hibernian keeper tipped the ball over the goal. We were running riot and on the 78th minute we had another chance as M.Mitrovic threaded a brilliant ball between the defence but N.Nakchamnarn fired past the keeper and the upright. With six minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the winning goal as J.Moss hit the ball in off the upright much to the delight of the travelling fans.

Hibernian 1-2 Celtic J.Rasmussen 1 / J.Moore 52, J.Moss 84

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson (D.Dias), M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra (N.Milovanovic), I.Hagi, T.Jelinek, R.Knowles (M.Mitrovic), N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

December 22nd:
Dundee (a) (18/38)
Again we struggled to get going as Dundee controlled the game and on the 19th minute they came close with a long range effort which saw JJ Pearce at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later they had another chance as they broke through the defence but D.Jenkinson managed to clear the ball off the line. It was pretty much all Dundee and on the 43rd minute they finally broke the deadline with a curling effort which gave JJ Pearce no chance of saving. I was furious with my players however they didn't really react much in the second half and on the 53rd minute Dundee came close again with a low shot which went just wide of the post. Seven minutes later we finally got our first chance of the game as N.Nakchamnarn beat the offside trap but his final effort like the majority of our play was pretty damn dire. On the 68th minute Dundee came close yet again as a great team move split the defence apart but the shot was well saved by my keeper. With eleven minutes remaining in the game though we got an undeserved equaliser as J.Moss's effort bobbled past the Dundee keeper to give us share of the points. I told the lads that they would be in training first thing in the morning tomorrow.

Dundee 1-1 Celtic M.Hamilton 43 / J.Moss 79

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra (D.Dias), I.Hagi (M.Mitrovic), T.Jelinek (L.Cook), R.Knowles, N.Nakchamnarn, J.Moss

December 26th:
Hamilton (h) (19/38)
We began the better and on the 12th minute we had the first chance of the game as I.Hagi threaded the ball to the feet of J.Moss who lashed it wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance with A.Lindgren running through the defence with ease but his final effort went wide of the post. On the 42nd minute we had the final chance of the half as I.Hagi curled a free-kick just over the crossbar.
The second half was eight minutes old when we grabbed the lead finally as M.Mitrovic hit a thunderous effort from outside the area which gave the Hamilton keeper no chance of saving. On the 67th minute we had another chance to score as R.Knowles tried his luck from just inside the area but the keeper again save well. Four minutes later I was forced into a change as L.Cook came on for badly injured N.Nakchamnarn. With six minutes remaining in the game we had another chance as L.Cook sliced the ball wide of the post when it was easier to score. Deep into injury time we grabbed a deserved second goal as I.Hagi hit a thunderous long range effort into the top corner that gave the keeper naff all chance to save

Celtic 2-0 Hamilton M.Mitrovic 53, I.Hagi 90+7

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson (), M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra (M.Mitrovic), I.Hagi, T.Jelinek (N.Milenkovic), R.Knowles, N.Nakchamnarn (inj 71 – L.Cook), J.Moss

The injury news on N.Nakchamnarn isnt good as he will miss around 5-6 months after breaking his lower leg during the match.

December 28th:
More injury news sees M.Mitrovic out for around a month after spraining his ankle during training

December 29th:
Rangers (a) (20/38)
We controlled the opening stages of the game and on the 15th minute we took the lead as Z.Ezra beat the offside trap and fired with pace past the Rangers keeper. Twelve minutes later we had another chance as R.Knowles rattled the crossbar from just inside the area. On the 39th minute Rangers had their first real effort as they broke through my defence but Z.McGuire managed to save the ball well.
The second half was alittle tighter as the majority of the match was played in the middle third of the pitch. The half only produced the one effort as Rangers ran into the my sides area with ease and fired towards goal but Z.McGuire saved brilliantly to deny them.

Rangers 0-1 Celtic Z.Ezra 15

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore, A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra, I.Hagi, T.Jelinek (D.Dias), R.Knowles (B.Mason), C.McGee), J.Moss (L.Cook)

The end of the month sees us top by some 21pts over Rangers. We have yet to a lose a game this season. The bottom of the table sees Hamilton bottom on 18pts with Hibernian second from bottom on 23pts.

• 2 weeks later...

January 2033:
January 1st:
Award news sees me getting the Manager of the Month award for December after winning seven of the eight games we played in the league
Transfer news sees us selling youngster G.MacGregor to Bournemouth for £335,000, I have also sold A.Benali to Anderlecht for a fee of £1,860,000

Motherwell (h) (21/38)
Six minutes into the game we came close to scoring with J.Moss rattling the upright from inside the area after some poor Motherwell defending. On the 22nd minute we took the lead as C.McGee ran onto a T.Jelinek through-ball and fired with pace past the keeper. Twelve minutes later we had another chance as T.Jelinek curled the ball into the area but J.Moss fluffed the volley and completely missed the ball.
The second half was nine minutes old when we were awarded a penalty after B.Mason was brought down in the area and C.McGee fired past the keeper. My side carried on the pressure but the Motherwell defence held firm till the 82nd minute when we were awarded another penalty after L.Cook's powerful shot was handled in the area, C.McGee stepped up and fired his penalty past the keeper. Two minutes later we grabbed the fourth and final goal as C.McGee grabbed his fourth goal of the game with a low shot which gave the keeper no chance of saving

Celtic 4-0 Motherwell C.McGee 22, 54 pen, 82 pen, 84

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore (D.Dias), A.Lindgren, Z.Ezra, I.Hagi, T.Jelinek, R.Knowles (L.Cook), C.McGee, J.Moss (B.Mason)

January 2nd:
Transfer news sees me bringing in two signings with 22yr old striker Jamie McMillan coming from Sheff Utd and 25yr old  attacking midfielder Ben Rosenblatt coming from Inverness CT for a combined fee of £12,590,000.

January 5th:
More transfer news sees Getafe signing F.Dias for a fee of £1,280,000

Rangers (h) (22/38)
Rangers controlled the first half and on the 18th minute they came close with a rasping effort which stung the fingers of Z.McGuire. Six minutes later they had another chance as the defence failed to deal with a simple ball but N.Milenkovic managed to get back and clear off the line. On the 33rd minute Rangers finally got the goal they deserved as J.Finch rose above the defence and headed a cross past Z.McGuire who failed to get across his line. On the stroke of half time they had the chance of another as J.Moore's back pass was intercepted but luckily for him the Rangers strikers effort was dire and went wide of the post,
The second half a different story as my players reacted to my half time words and on the 56th minute we grabbed the equaliser as C.McGee headed in a R.Knowles cross. Thirteen minutes later C.McGee had another chance to score as we broke through the defence but his final effort went wide of the upright. On the 77th minute J.Moss had the next chance as he headed a Z.Ezra cross straight into the keepers arms. Their was one final chance in the game as we were awarded a penalty after J.Moss was brought down in the area, C.McGee stepped up but his penalty was poor and his shot was easily saved by the keeper.

Celtic 1-1 Rangers C.McGee 56 / J.Finch 33

Z.McGuire, N.Milenkovic, B.Aleksiev (D.Dias), J.Moore, A.Lindgren, B.Rosenblatt (C.Brown), I.Hagi, Z.Ezra (L.Cook), R.Knowles, C.McGee, J.Moss

January 12th:
Transfer news sees Z.Ezra joining Ajax for a fee of £3,600,00 which could rise to £4,800,000

January 15th:
Partick Thistle (h) (23/38)
A tight first half saw little action in the attacking thirds. It was more a game of cat and mouse in the middle third. It was my team that had the only real chance of the half as R.Knowles ran onto a A.Lindgren through ball and fired with pace towards goal but the keeper saved well to deny him.
The second half was much the same with no real action for the fans to cheer but on the 67th minute we grabbed the opener with C.McGee heading in an A.Lindgren cross. With ten minutes remaining in the game we had one last chance as B.Mason rattled the crossbar from outside the area. In truth a pretty dire game

Celtic 1-0 Partick Thistle C.McGee 67

Z.McGuire, N.Milenkovic, B.Aleksiev (D.Dias), J.Moore, A.Lindgren, B.Rosenblatt (L.Cook), I.Hagi, T.Jelinek, R.Knowles, C.McGee, J.Moss (B.Mason)

January 22nd:
Cowdenbeath (h) Scottish Cup 4th Rd
We made a good start to this game and on the 15th minute we grabbed the lead as C.McGee fired in from the penalty spot after he was brought down in the area. Ten minutes later we had another chance as R.Knowles beat the offside trap but not the Cowdenbeath keeper who reacted brilliantly. The game then quietened off and the rest of the half failed to see another effort.
The second half was six minutes old when we had our next chance as T.Jelinek hit a thunderous effort towards goal but the Cowdenbeath keeper saved well to deny him. It was one way traffic as we dominated the game and on the 79th minute the away side had the referee to thank for ruling out a goal for a foul by J.Moss.

Celtic 1-0 Cowdenbeath C.McGee 15 pen

Z.McGuire, N.Milenkovic, B.Aleksiev (D.Dias), J.Moore, A.Lindgren, B.Rosenblatt, I.Hagi, T.Jelinek (C.Brown), R.Knowles, C.McGee (L.Cook), J.Moss

January 23rd:
The draw for the Scottish Cup 4th Rd has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Scottish League One side Livingston

January 26th:
Hearts (a) (24/38)
The first half saw us dominating without getting through the opposition defence. The closest we got was on the 33rd minute as T.Jelinek jinked through the defence and fired with pace towards goal but the keeper saved well. With a minute remaining in the half I was forced into a change as L.Cook came on for the injured B.Rosenblatt.
The second half was saw us carry on the pressure and six minutes into we grabbed the lead we deserved as C.McGee headed in a T.Jelinek cross. On the 68th minute we had another chance with J.Moss playing a one two with C.McGee but the final effort went high and wide of the post. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with a long range effort from T.Jelinek which crashed the upright. With a minute remaining in the game we finally got the second goal as L.Cook hit home from close range after running onto a great through ball by T.Jelinek

Hearts 0-2 Celtic C.McGee 51, L.Cook 89

Z.McGuire, N.Milenkovic (D.Dias), B.Aleksiev (C.Brown), J.Moore, A.Lindgren, B.Rosenblatt (inj 44 – L.Cook), I.Hagi, T.Jelinek, R.Knowles, C.McGee, J.Moss

After the game I was informed that B.Rosenblatt will be out for around 4-5 weeks after spraining his ankle during the match, also we have lost N.Milenkovic for around a fortnight after he receive a chest injury during the match.

January 29th:
Dundee (h) (25/38)
Six minutes into the game we had our first chance with a powerful strike from R.Knowles which saw the Dundee keeper at full stretch to save. On the 29th minute we had another chance with A.Lindgren firing straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score. Just before the break we came close again as J.Moss headed a M.Mitrovic cross wide of the post.
The second half was three minutes old when we grabbed the lead as B.Mason rose high above the defence to head home a D.Jenkinson cross with his first touch of the game. On the 63rd minute Dundee had the next chance of the game as they broke through my defence with far too much ease and slotted just wide of the post. Nine minutes later Dundee had another chance but this time Z.McGuire was on hand to block the effort. Their was one more chance in the game as on the 88th minute J.Moss ran onto a B.Mason through ball and fired straight into the keepers arms

Celtic 1-0 Dundee B.Mason 48

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, B.Aleksiev, J.Moore (D.Dias), A.Lindgren (L.Cook), I.Hagi, M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek (B.Mason), R.Knowles, C.McGee, J.Moss

January 31st:
Transfer news sees B.Aleksiev joining Burnley for a fee of £2,200,000. I have brought in 25yr old French attacking midfielder Anthony Petit from Norwich for a fee of £4,600,000

The end of the month sees us top of table by 24pts over arch rivals Rangers. The bottom of the table sees Hamilton bottom on 20pts with Kilmarnock 5pts ahead of them in 11th place.

February 2033:
February 1st:
C.McGee has been awarded the Scottish Premiership Player of the Month award for January after scoring seven goals in five matches. I have also been awarded the Manager of the Month award after four wins out of five.

February 6th:
Inverness CT (a) (26/38)
A slow start didn’t see much in the way of forward action with neither my side or the Inverness side putting any sort of forward pressure on each other. The majority of play was in the middle third of the pitch. The second half though was all my side as we piled on the pressure from the start and on the 47th minute C.McGee headed in a M.Mitrovic cross. Ten minutes later we had another chance with a daisy cutter from J.Moss which went just wide of the post. It was one way traffic and on the 67th minute we came close with A.Petit playing a one two with C.McGee but his final effort went straight into the keepers arms. With five minutes remaining in the game we finally got the goal we deserved with C.McGee grabbing his second and our final goal to guarantee us all three points.

Inverness CT 0-2 Celtic C.McGee 47, 85

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, J.Moore (L.Cook), A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek (R.Knowles), A.Petit, C.McGee, J.Moss (B.Mason)

February 8th:
Injury news sees J.Moore out for around 3-4 weeks after straining his back in training

February 9th:
Kilmarnock (a) (27/38)
A real dire game with very little in the way of action. Neither my side or the Kilmarnock side mustered an effort on goal. The second half wasn’t much better with only the one effort on goal as J.Moss rattled the upright from outside the area. Deep into injury time Kilmarnock were reduced to ten men after J.Lehane was given a second yellow card and this was followed by a red. A real poor game for the fans to watch

Kilmarnock 0-0 Celtic   

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek (D.Dias), A.Petit (R.Knowles), C.McGee (B.Mason), J.Moss

February 12th:
Livingston (h) Scottish Cup 5th Rd
A cracking start saw us taking the lead on the 4th minute as C.McGee slid the ball in from close range after beating the defence to an A.Petit through ball. Ten minutes later we had another chance with J.Moss firing just over the crossbar from ten yards. We were all over the Livingston side and on the 37th minute we had another chance as T.Jelinek curled a freekick into the area but C.McGee headed wide of the post
The second half was six minutes old when we added a second goal with J.Moss heading an A.Petit cross into the top corner. It got even better as on the 58th minute J.Moss grabbed his second of the game and our third goal with a thunderous strike from outside the area. We were in complete control and on the 74th minute we had the chance to score from the penalty spot after B.Mason was brought down however J.Moss missed from the spot. With three minutes remaining in the game we had our final chance as B.Mason failed to score from ten yards after playing a one two with J.Moss

Celtic 3-0 Livingston C.McGee 4, J.Moss 51, 58

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, M.Mitrovic (D.Dias), T.Jelinek (R.Knowles), A.Petit, C.McGee (B.Mason), J.Moss

February 13th:
The draw for the Scottish Cup ¼ Final has been drawn and we will be facing Premiership side Kilmarnock away from home.

February 17th:
PSV (a) EURO Cup 1st Knockout Rd 1st Leg
Not the start we wanted as on the 9th minute PSV grabbed the lead via the penalty spot after L.Cook had fouled in the area, G.Lammers stepped up and fired the ball past Z.McGuire much to the delight of the home fans. Twelve minutes later PSV had another chance to score with a curling effort which had my keeper at full stretch to save. PSV were controlling the play but with seven minutes remaining in the half we pulled level as A.Lindgren showed great vision to lob the PSV keeper from outside the box after running onto a poor pass.
The second half was alittle more open as my players started to get more of the ball and on the 58th minute we had the chance to take the lead as R.Knowles headed an A.Lindgren cross just over the crossbar. Six minutes later PSV then came close with a low shot which had Z.McGuire diving down to save. On the 75th minute the winning goal was scored as C.McGee ran through the PSV defence with ease and rounded the keeper to fire into an empty net and give us the victory and two away goals.

PSV 1-2 Celtic G.Lammers 9 pen / A.Lindgren 38, C.McGee 75

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross (D.Dias), L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, M.Mitrovic, T.Jelinek, A.Petit (R.Knowles), C.McGee, J.Moss (M.Rozzi)

February 20th:
Aberdeen (h) (28/38)
A dominant performance by my side as we outplayed the Aberdeen side. On the 12th minute we had our first real effort with A.Petit smashing the ball against the crossbar from twenty five yards. Ten minutes later the same player had another chance but this time the keeper saved brilliantly to deny him. On the 27th minute we finally got the goal we deserved as I.Hagi hit a thunderous effort into the top corner of he net to give the keeper little chance of saving. Nine minutes later we had another chance to score as C.Brown was fouled in the area, C.McGee stepped up and fired the penalty wide of the post. 
The second half was eight minutes old when we added another goal as I.Hagi slotted in from close range after running onto a M.Mitrovic cross. On the 68th minute Aberdeen were reduced to ten men after L.Bennett was sent off for a second yellow card. Ten minutes later though they had the chance to pull a goal back as M.Ross handled in the area, J.Strachan stepped up for the penalty but fired it straight as Z.McGuire who didn’t really have to move much. We had one final chance in the game as B.Mason played a one two with A.Petit but the final shot went wide of the upright.

Celtic 2-0 Aberdeen I.Hagi 27, 53  

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, C.Brown (R.Knowles), D.Dias (M.Mitrovic), A.Petit, C.McGee (J.Moss), B.Mason

February 24th:
PSV (h) EURO Cup 1st Knockout Rd 2nd Leg (agg 2-1)
We now faced the second leg of the European tie and we got off to a great start as on the 15th minute J.Moss headed a D.Dias cross past the PSV keeper. Thirteen minutes later PSV had their first chance of the game as they broke through my defence with far too much ease but Z.McGuire managed to block the effort well. On the 38th minute they had another chance as they again broke through my defence but this time the effort went well wide of the post.
The second half was twelve minutes old when A.Lindgren stung the fingers of the keeper from distance with a powerful shot. On the 67th minute PSV had their next chance as a slip by M.Ross was intercepted but luckily for him Z.McGuire came to the rescue. Fifteen minutes later PSV had yet another chance as they beat the offside trap but the final effort was as poor as the defending. We had one last chance in the game with A.Lindgren firing just over the crossbar when he really should’ve grabbed a goal.

Celtic 1-0 PSV J.Moss 15

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, C.Brown (M.Mitrovic), D.Dias (T.Jelinek), A.Petit, C.McGee (R.Knowles), J.Moss

We have qualified for the second knockout round after beating PSV 3-1 on aggregate

February 25th:
The draw for the EURO Cup Second Knockout Rd has taken place and we have been drawn against Italian side Palermo, the first leg will be played away from home

February 27th:
Ross County (a) (29/38)
A cracking start saw us taking the lead on the 10th minute as J.Moss beat the offside trap and wasted no time in rounding the keeper and firing into the empty net. Soon after we had another chance with D.Dias rattling the upright from outside the area. We were all over Ross County and on the 29th minute I.Hagi headed just wide of the post from a C.Brown cross.
The second half was two minutes old when we added a second goal as M.Ross showed some surprising skill for a defender to beat the defence and dinked the ball over the onrushing keeper. Just after the hour mark we had another chance with A.Lindgren trying his luck from thirty yards after he spotted the keeper off his line. It was far too easy for us and on the 87th minute we grabbed a third a final goal with a fine strike from B.Mason which gave the keeper no chance of saving.

Ross County 0-3 Celtic J.Moss 10, M.Ross 47, B.Mason 87

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, C.Brown (J.McMillan), D.Dias (M.Mitrovic), A.Petit, C.McGee (B.Mason), J.Moss

With the victory over Ross County we have been crowned Scottish Premiership winners with six matches still left to play.

The end of the month sees us as previously put Champions some 29pts clear of second placed Hearts. Hamilton are bottom on 23pts with Kilmarnock on 27pts.
On another note we are currently unbeaten throughout the domestic season

• 2 weeks later...

March 2033:
March 1st:
I have been awarded the Scottish Premiership Manager of the Month Award for February after three wins from the four games we played.

March 6th:
The draw for the Scottish Cup Semi Final sees us facing Premier Division side Hearts if we beat Kilmarnock in the ¼ Finals this afternoon

Kilmarnock (a) Scottish Cup ¼ Final
The first half saw us controlling the play and on the 12th minute we came close to grabbing the lead as J.Moss beat the offside trap but failed to hit the target. Soon after C.McGee rattled the crossbar after a great cross from D.Jenkinson. We were all over Kilmarnock and on the 37th minute we had another chance with a low shot from J.Moss which had the keeper at full stretch to save.
The second half was much the same as we dominated and on the 63rd minute we finally broke the deadlock as J.Moss jinked through the defence with ease and fired under the onrushing keeper. Twelve minutes later B.Mason came close with a great volley from an A.Lindgren cross but the keeper saved well to deny him. With two minutes remaining in the game we had one last chance to add an extra goal as D.Jenkinson cross into the area but none of my players reacted and the ball went out for a throw in

Kilmarnock 0-1 Celtic J.Moss 63

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, C.Brown (T.Jelinek), D.Dias (R.Knowles), A.Petit, C.McGee (B.Mason), J.Moss

March 10th:
Palermo (a) EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Rd 1st Leg
Palermo started the brighter and on the 17th minute they had the first chance which a long range effort which saw Z.McGuire at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later D.Jenkinson saved the day with a great sliding challenge which thwarted the Palermo attack. On the 38th minute we had our first chance of the game as J.Moss rose above the defence and headed a D.Dias wide of the post.
The second half was three minutes old when we were awarded a penalty as B.Mason was brought down in the area, B.Mason stepped up and fired the penalty kick high and wide over the post. Just after the hour mark Palermo had their next chance as M.Mitrovic’s poor pass was intercepted but M.Ross slid in and cleared the loose ball. On the 88th minute we had the final chance of the game as A.Petit hit a thunderous effort from twenty five yards which stung the fingers of the keeper

Palermo 0-0 Celtic

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, C.Brown (M.Mitrovic), D.Dias, A.Petit, C.McGee (R.Knowles), J.Moss (B.Mason)

March 13th:
Hibernian (h) (30/38)
Four minutes into the game we took the lead as J.Moss ran through the defence with real ease and fired under the onrushing keeper who stood no real chance. On the 17th minute we had another chance to score with C.McGee heading a D.Dias cross just over the crossbar. We were all over the Hibernian side and on the half hour we grabbed a second goal with L.Cook headed an I.Hagi cross past the Hibernian keeper. Just before the break we had one final chance as A.Petit rifled a long range effort towards the top corner which was brilliantly saved by the keeper.
The second half was ten minutes old when the next goal was scored as A.Brown beat the offside trap and fired in from the edge of the area to give Z.McGuire no chance of saving. On the 65th minute Hibernian had another chance with a well worked team move which split the defence apart but Z.McGuire saved well to deny them. Eight minutes later Hibernian got the equaliser they deserved with a low shot which my keeper should’ve done better to save, On the stroke of full time they had the chance to win the game as A.Brown fired a penalty towards goal but Z.McGuire saved well. We came very close to losing our unbeaten league run.

Celtic 2-2 Hibernian J.Moss 4, L.Cook 30 / A.Brown 55, 73

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross (M.Rozzi), L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, C.Brown (R.Knowles), D.Dias (M.Mitrovic), A.Petit, C.McGee, J.Moss

March 17th:
Palermo (h) EURO CUP 2nd Knockout Rd 2nd Leg (agg 0-0)
Palermo began the better and on the 9th minute they came close with a thunderous effort which stung the fingers of Z.McGuire. Twelve minutes later they had another chance with a low shot which M.Ross diverted wide of the post. We were being overrun and on the 32nd minute we had L.Cook to thank as he blocked a powerful shot to deny Palermo a goal. However with five minutes remaining in the half we countered the Italians and with our first shot of the game J.Moss gave us the lead.
The second half was much the same with Palermo pressing forward and on the 59th minute we came close to conceding the equaliser but  a last ditch clearance by A.Petit denied them. Ten minutes later Palermo rattled the crossbar as they broke through the defence with real ease but the final effort was poor. On the 88th minute Palermo had one last chance with a well worked team move which was ended by a brave dive from Z.McGuire. We should have been beaten like a government mule but somehow we managed to escape and qualify for the next round

Celtic 1-0 Palermo J.Moss 40

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, C.Brown (M.Mitrovic), D.Dias (T.Jelinek), A.Petit, C.McGee (R.Knowles), J.Moss

March 18th:
The draw for the EURO Cup ¼ Final has taken place and we face Spanish side Real Madrid with the first leg being played at home

March 20th:
Hamilton (a) (31/38)
Ten minutes into the game we had our first chance as J.Moss ran through the defence with ease and fired just wide of the post. On the 23rd minute we had another chance as a C.Brown cross was headed straight into the keepers arms by J.McMillan. Nine minutes later we finally took the lead as D.Dias fired in from the penalty spot after A.Petit was brought down in the area.
The second half was six minutes old when we had our next chance as I.Hagi rattled the upright from the corner of the area. On the 56th minute Hamilton were reduced to ten men after P.Fraser was sent off for a second yellow. Ten minutes later we had another chance from the spot after J.Moss was brought down, D.Dias stepped up and fired towards goal but the keeper guessed right and save the penalty. We carried on the pressure and with three minutes remaining in the game we had one last chance as B.Mason headed a M.Mitrovic cross just over the crossbar.

Hamilton 0-1 Celtic D.Dias 32 pen

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, C.Brown (M.Mitrovic), D.Dias (R.Knowles), A.Petit, J.McMillan (B.Mason), J.Moss

The end of the month sees our lead at the top of table by 27pts over second placed Hearts. The bottom of the table sees Hamilton bottom 4pts behind Kilmarnock

April 2033:
April 2nd:
Rangers (h) (32/38)
A good start by my side saw us taking the lead on the 11th minute with a fine strike from B.Rosenblatt which crashed in off the upright. Nine minutes later we had another chance to score with a low shot from J.Moss which stung the fingers of the keeper. On the half hour though a slip in concentration saw M.MacDonald heading in a looping cross to give Rangers an undeserved equaliser. Just before the break we came close to retaking the lead as J.Moss again hit the post from just inside the area.
The second half was a slow burning with little action till the 69th minute as C.McGee tried his luck from outside the area but the Rangers keeper saved brilliantly to deny them. With five minutes remaining in the game Rangers again pounced on a mistake as a dire pass by L.Cook saw the Rangers attack firing with power at Z.McGuire who was luckily up to the task to save the ball.

Celtic 1-1 Rangers B.Rosenblatt 11 / M.MacDonald 30

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, I.Hagi, C.Brown (M.Mitrovic), B.Rosenblatt, A.Petit (R.Knowles), J.McMillan (C.McGee), J.Moss

April 9th:
Motherwell (a) (33/38)
A minute into the game we were a goal down as S.Pezzelia ran through my defence with far too much ease and fired under Z.McGuire who was slow to react. On the 18tth minute we had our first chance with a powerful strike from J.Moss which had the Motherwell keeper at full stretch to save. Ten minutes later J.Moss had another chance to score with a curling effort from the corner of the area but again the opposition keeper managed to tip it round the post. With two minutes remaining in the half we were awarded a penalty after I.Hagi was brought down in the area, C.Brown stepped up and fired into the top corner to give the keeper little chance to save.
The second half was a non-event in truth with little or no action to report. However with a minute remaining in the game Motherwell had the chance to grab the winner as P.Perry missed from the penalty spot after A.Petit brought down a player in the area,

Motherwell 1-1 Celtic S.Pezzelia 1 / C.Brown 43 pen

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, B.Rosenblatt (M.Mitrovic), C.Brown (R.Knowles), I.Hagi, A.Petit, J.McMillan (B.Mason), J.Moss

April 14th:
Real Madrid (h) EURO Cup ¼ Final 1st leg
Madrid began the better as expected and on the 9th minute they had the chance to score as they broke through my defence but the final effort went just wide of the post. Eight minutes later they had another chance with a long range effort which stung the fingers of Z.McGuire. On the 23rd minute they had yet another chance to score with a low shot which was diverted wide of the post by D.Jenkinson. Seven minutes later though we managed to grab a goal with J.McMillan finishing off a counter attack with a fine strike which beat the keeper into the top corner. On the stroke of half time Madrid had another chance as they beat the offside trap but yet again their finishing wasn’t up to scratch and the shot went wide of the post.
The second half was much the same as Madrid piled on the pressure and on the 57th minute Z.McGuire saved well to deny them. Six minutes later Madrid stung the fingers of my keeper after breaking through the defence yet again. On the 70th minute we yet again countered Madrid and with our second real effort of the game we added goal number two with C.McGee heading in a T.Jelinek cross. With five minutes remaining in the game we added a third goal as C.McGee slotted in from close range after the Madrid keeper flapped at a R.Knowles cross. The score line flattered us but I wasn’t bothered

Celtic 3-0 Real Madrid J.McMillan 30, C.McGee 70, 85

Z.McGuire, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, B.Rosenblatt (T.Jelinek), C.Brown, I.Hagi, A.Petit, J.McMillan (R.Knowles), J.Moss (C.McGee)

April 17th:
Injury news sees Z.McGuire out for 6-7 weeks after straining his knee ligaments during a training session

April 21st:
Real Madrid (a) EURO Cup ¼ Final 2nd Leg (agg 3-0)
We now faced the second leg of the ¼ Final and again Madrid dominated and on the 22nd minute they took the lead as F.Ferrari fired with power past JJ Pearce who was slow to react. Seven minutes later they had the chance to grab a second goal after L.Cook fouled in the area, luckily for us F.Colidio fired the penalty wide of the post. On the 42nd minute Madrid had the ball in the back of the net but this time the assistant referee raised his flag to deny them.
Two minutes into the half Madrid had another chance with a curling effort from outside the area which had JJ Pearce at full stretch to save. On the hour we had our fist chance of the game as M.Mitrovic rose above the defence and headed a J.McMillan cross just over the crossbar when it was easier to score. Madrid responded well with a thunderous effort from close range which stung the palms of JJ Pearce. On the 79th minute Madrid added another effort to their tally with a daisy cutter which was diverted wide by L.Cook. With five minutes remaining in the game though we levelled the scores as B.Rosenblatt showed some blistering pace to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing past the Madrid keeper. The Madrid players seemed to get deflated and on the stroke of full time we grabbed a second goal with B.Rosenblatt hitting a speculative effort past the keeper from outside the area to give us a 5-1 aggregate victory.

Real Madrid 1-2 Celtic F.Ferrari 22 / B.Rosenblatt 85, 90+1

JJ Pearce, D.Jenkinson, M.Ross, L.Cook, A.Lindgren, B.Rosenblatt, C.Brown (T.Jelinek), I.Hagi, A.Petit, J.McMillan (R.Knowles), J.Moss (M.Mitrovic)

We have progressed to the Semi Finals with a 5-1 aggregate victory

April 22nd:
The draw for the EURO Cup Semi Finals has taken place and we have been drawn against German giants Bayern Munich, the first leg will be played at home. The other Semi Final sees Arsenal taking on Chelsea