How do i start a journey man save?

It depends how you want to do it. On a global journeyman I keep the top five European leagues, South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, USA, Mexico, China, South Korea and Australia loaded until I've done what I want to do on those continents or know I won't be going there (even then I normally keep most of these as a standard setup).

My favourite way to do a journeyman save is choose a part of the world, set myself a target to achieve there, and add in all of the potential leagues. My best journeyman on FM19 was starting unemployed and only going to a 1* rep or below league for my first club (so loading these initially) and ending up at a lower league team in Denmark, then after I had nearly achieved what I wanted to there I adjusted my league setup to add all of the Asian leagues and remove the smaller ones I was now too good for, went to India for a couple of years, then Australia and once I felt I'd done what I wanted to there I turned on the rest of South America and shut off minor Asian leagues and so on.

One thing I'd recommend though is maybe adding leagues where you intend to go a year or two before you're due to go there so that when the game adds new players to those leagues it will give it time to settle down, otherwise you can just sign up a bunch of undervalued and op regens.

Say i just do a European journeyman, and choose most of these lesser leagues:

Finland,  Austria, Bulgaria, Belarus, Norway, Romania, Hungary, Greece, Iceland, Bulgaria and Slovenia should i keep the 5 bigger leagues loaded up to? if so what detail?

Hi mate,

There isn't really any rules to a journeyman save unless your attempting a "challenge" of some sort, just cater it around your own preferences. Load up the leagues you would like to manage in at one point or another, keep an eye on your computer performance (the stars are a good indicator) and go from there.

Now it also depends whether or not you want to throw in the unemployment aspect of it too where you begin the save by searching for your first job, a warning to this approach though as depending on the leagues you load and the experience/reputation you begin with it can take a while to find a job.

But essentially just set it up how you would like to play the game. One rule I like to do when doing a journeyman is that I can NEVER apply for another job unless I'm out of work due to being sacked, this way it adds a lot more realism to the save and you truly never know where you're going to end up next as it's down to the AI to approach you rather than you applying for any job that takes your fancy.

Each to their own though.

I would recommend making sure you load the major leagues for any continent that you are managing in so if you're doing a European save I would load the big five. The reason for this being that if you don't, the teams in these leagues will not properly strengthen and over the years will massively underperform in the CL and it won't feel like as much of an achievement if you win the Champions League from a minor European league.

Edited by likesiamesefish
Changed league to Champions League in final sentence