Lorenzo's 45 minute wonder 4-4-2 Tactic!!!

Updated the first post with additional tactic tips.

NEW Tactic TIPS!

If the team you are playing have a pitch width of 68m or below, then bring the width down to 1 notch below half and but 3 more notched on the tempo.

Opposition Instructions: This is what I do, Midfielders to Attackers, including Wingbacks. I do everything to them, weaker foot, harder tackles and closing down always and tight marking. I do this for players on the bench also! For the defenders and goalkeeper, MAKE sure you put closing down as always, depending on who you are playing, you might want to show the right back and left back onto weaker foot, incase you play chelsea and they overlap with a cross ball.

Does this tactic work with other top teams? eg; Arsenal, R Madrid, Barcelona, Roma etc. ?

Yes, Of course. I should really change the title and not have Man Utd in it. It works with lots of different teams, the better the team the better it will work, lower league managers have been loving this tactic to avoid relegation also.

Will it have negative effects on the gameplay if we do not tweak the tactics (including opposition instructions) even if we should?

Nope, might only limit the oppositions attack a bit more. I have always done opposition instructions with this tactic.

Can you test this tactic without setting opposition instructions and will this tactic give a negative impact on the teams current performance if their morale is high, playing well, top of the league, scoring a lot of goals? (with the current tactic)

I'm currently feeling pretty bored with my tactic it's winning everything for me and I want to consider trying out other tactics.

Can you test this tactic without setting opposition instructions and will this tactic give a negative impact on the teams current performance if their morale is high, playing well, top of the league, scoring a lot of goals?

I'm currently feeling pretty bored with my tactic it's winning everything for me and I want to consider trying out other tactics.

Changing a tactic is always better to do with high morale than low. I wouldn't use this tactic straight away if your next game is Chelsea or Arsenal away, that is being thrown in at the deep end. Any other game and use it. The tactic should be fine without setting opposition instructions but opposition instructions are part of the game.

Started using this tactic after the Community Shield and it has been pretty effective. My record reads P10, W6, D3, L1, the problem is I haven't won an away game with this tactic (2 draws against Wigan and Fulham and the defeat against Sporting Lisbon).

Done the bit of tweaking of team instructions as regards to pitch size but can't buy a win away (Fulham was extremely frustrating as I fought so much to be 2-1 up and they equalise in the 94th minute).

But can't argue with the home record, winning 5 out of 6, keeping clean sheets in all the victories but drew late on against Liverpool with Keane scoring after 95 mins!!!!!!!:mad:

I'll keep using this tactic though as it's the first one to work for me in FM09, think with a bit of experience I'll start to win more away games eh?

Started using this tactic after the Community Shield and it has been pretty effective. My record reads P10, W6, D3, L1, the problem is I haven't won an away game with this tactic (2 draws against Wigan and Fulham and the defeat against Sporting Lisbon).

Done the bit of tweaking of team instructions as regards to pitch size but can't buy a win away (Fulham was extremely frustrating as I fought so much to be 2-1 up and they equalise in the 94th minute).

But can't argue with the home record, winning 5 out of 6, keeping clean sheets in all the victories but drew late on against Liverpool with Keane scoring after 95 mins!!!!!!!:mad:

I'll keep using this tactic though as it's the first one to work for me in FM09, think with a bit of experience I'll start to win more away games eh?

Yes, the more you use it the more your team adjusts to it etc. My results at the top of the first post show my first season, I lost 2-3 games before xmas, at the moment I am unbeaten in 48 league games and I am at February in the second season, obviously unbeaten throughout the second season. I will post my second season when I have finished, my aim is to go unbeaten throughout.

so far won 3 games and conceded no goals.....cant sign veloso but stil tryin!

Ah good strong start :)

Finally a wrking tactic for my Barcelona. Ten games without losing, 8 wins and 2 draws.

Thank you !!!

No problems, keep me updated on the type of football that your Barca team are playing and which players are your strengths in certain positions. I haven't come across a Barca player using this formation yet, so definitely keep me updated :D

When I've downloaded this tactic it saves onto the desktop as tac file or something and my laptop doesn't recognise it - does anybody understand what I'm going on about and what I need to do?

you need to put it in your tactic folder, and then in the game import the tactic

LATEST NEWS

Second Season Complete

With many thanks to my tactic, I have won everything, except the Charity Shield, LOL

By the way, I cannot stress enough how important a player in the team is that has 20 for free-kicks!

Super Cup

World Club Championship

FA Cup

Carling Cup

Champions League

English Premier League

Below shows the Final standings and Manager overview and team selection. It seems I can pretty much buy anyone I wish, Fabregas would come to me now, Messi even! Steven Gerrard is a no go though, he just hates us too much.

finalleaguetableln8.th.jpg

overviewij7.th.jpg

selectionsx4.th.jpg

Very good tactic, I'm Barcelona and went 1200+ minutes without conceding at one point, mostly winning 1-0 and 2-0 with the occasional 0-0. Can result in too few goals on occasion, but 3-0 up against Chelsea in the CL semi and top of the league so it's been very good to me. Keita (on the left), Veloso, Xavi and Henry are standouts with Xavi's freekicks being a great weapon. We're winning a lot of penalties, too. Only drawback is that Eto'o doesn't seem to like it, but it's a team game and we're doing very well indeed. Thanks a lot for this.

Very good tactic, I'm Barcelona and went 1200+ minutes without conceding at one point, mostly winning 1-0 and 2-0 with the occasional 0-0. Can result in too few goals on occasion, but 3-0 up against Chelsea in the CL semi and top of the league so it's been very good to me. Keita (on the left), Veloso, Xavi and Henry are standouts with Xavi's freekicks being a great weapon. We're winning a lot of penalties, too. Only drawback is that Eto'o doesn't seem to like it, but it's a team game and we're doing very well indeed. Thanks a lot for this.

Thanks for the response. I am suprised at Etooo. I would of thought the ST (a) would of been perfect for his pace and deadly finishing. Keep me posted.

Great tactic! Just wonder where did you get the money from to buy such great players and still keep your squad together?

Well, you get a considerable amount of money for winning a Treble, I think around £40 transfer budget. But I have sold a lot of big players, here are the ones I have sold:

Players Out

First season

Carlos Tevez - £30 million

Kuzcyack - £5 million

Darren Fletcher - £24.5 million

Michael Carrick - £22.5 million

Park ji sung - £4.5 Million

With that, added to the ask for more money at the beginning, I had £25 million + the above to spend.

Second Season

Owen Hargeaves £25.5 million

Anderson £21.5 million

Possebon £5 million

Manucho £3.5 million

Lee Martin £1.5 million

Third Season

Berbatov £17.75 million

Henri Saivet £8.5 million

Rafael £2.3 million

Wes Brown £7.5 million

Danny Simpson £5 million

Total Sold= £184.55 Million

Players In

First Season

Henri Saivet £6.5 million

Fausto Rossi £4.5 million

Gianluigi Buffon £44 million

Beckham - free

Lassana Diarra - £10.75 million

Mario Balotelli - £14.5 million

Transfer Budget, excluding sales = £24.5 million

Second Season

Eirik Minde - £4.5 million (world class regen :cool:)

Ignacio Camacho - £19 million

Giovani Dos santos - £12.5 million

Robinho - £41 million

Kaka - £34.5 million

Transfer Budget, excluding sales = £54.5 million

Third Season

Carlos Vela - £17.5 million

Marting Galvan - £4.5 million

Lionel Messi - £46.5 million

3 regens at £4 million each

Total Transfer budget, excluding sales = £92 million

Total Spent £272 million

Wow!!! Thats very nice indeed. I must say you did a very good job. The one i dont understand is buffon, but thats just i personal thing.

I have a question about your away matches. Do you play just with the same tactic all over or do you make some tweaks?

Frozenshade

Depending on the pitch size, like I mentioned in the first post. I will adjust the width slider.

Buffon, best keeper in the world and you should build a team from the back first :cool:

Well I am impressed so far. Just beat Blackburn 3 - 0. Hope it continues.

How is it going so far for you? Did it continue?

By the way, I have put longshots on rarely for both forwards unless you have a striker that has a 18/19/20 stat for it.

Archived