New stage 0 for leagues cup error

samba23

Having recently bought FM20 I have been trying to update my custom database in the 2020 editor but I'm having some serious problems and finding it impossible to verify anything. The database's advanced rules worked fine in the 18 & 19 editors so in theory there should be no reason that they don't work in FM20.

However, when I tried to verify the nation rules in the 20 editor I got the error message "new stage 0 for leagues cup can't find enough teams to be created. 4 teams found, 8 needed". But I don't have a "leagues cup" so I have no idea what is causing the error or how to fix it.

I tried reverting to basic rules and starting from scratch with the most basic settings. I have 3 divisions with four sub-leagues at each division level. When I tried this at the most basic level possible, no promotion/relegation, no cups etc then it verifies ok in basic rules. However, when I try to start a new save game with this editor data file then FM20 tells me that it needs to be tested and verified in the editor and is therefore unselectable.

So I've tried changing back to advanced rules in the editor and verifying it this way but it comes back with the same "new stage 0 for leagues cup can't find enough teams to be created. 4 teams found, 8 needed" error.

I'm at a complete loss at to how to fix this as the error seems to be coming from a ghost competition that does not exist. I have uploaded my file in the hope that someone can make some sense of this for me.

Edited by samba23

7 hours ago, samba23 said:

Having recently bought FM20 I have been trying to update my custom database in the 2020 editor but I'm having some serious problems and finding it impossible to verify anything. The database's advanced rules worked fine in the 18 & 19 editors so in theory there should be no reason that they don't work in FM20.

However, when I tried to verify the nation rules in the 20 editor I got the error message "new stage 0 for leagues cup can't find enough teams to be created. 4 teams found, 8 needed". But I don't have a "leagues cup" so I have no idea what is causing the error or how to fix it.

I tried reverting to basic rules and starting from scratch with the most basic settings. I have 3 divisions with four sub-leagues at each division level. When I tried this at the most basic level possible, no promotion/relegation, no cups etc then it verifies ok in basic rules. However, when I try to start a new save game with this editor data file then FM20 tells me that it needs to be tested and verified in the editor and is therefore unselectable.

So I've tried changing back to advanced rules in the editor and verifying it this way but it comes back with the same "new stage 0 for leagues cup can't find enough teams to be created. 4 teams found, 8 needed" error.

I'm at a complete loss at to how to fix this as the error seems to be coming from a ghost competition that does not exist. I have uploaded my file in the hope that someone can make some sense of this for me.

NCAA.groups.basic.fmf 1.93 MB · 2 downloads

Ok its fixed for youUSA Test 1.fmf

If you want to fix it yourself or delete the leagues cup just load your game , go to database - clubs - then search by name ( leagues cup ) and it will find it for you so you can either delete it or repair it and add the 4 teams missing .

Please send me the cheque  :lol: 

Older Games files do throw up some issues so they are not always comptable

Edited by prot651

Thanks for taking a look but I had already figured out that it was some competition new to FM20. I didn't find it before as it didn't come up when I searched for USA competitions as it's a North American one but when I searched for "leagues cup" it was easy to fix.

And thanks for finding that last setting. I probably wouldn't have ever noticed that.