Youth academy/coaching philosophy

Dorin

It would be great to have more control and be able to set focus areas and a philosophy for a club's youth academy and junior coaching and this should affect the newgens created within a few years from setting these priorities.
It would be nice to have a say in some areas of attributes to prioritize. Something like focus area of importance 1, focus area of importance 2 and focus area of importance 3:

- For example, my club's junior coaching philosophy could look like:
- Junior coaching and recruitment main focus: to find and train young players to have good strength + good speed and select generally taller players (who can reach 1,80m at least or higher than whatever the country average is)
- Second area of focus would be on work ethics and mental side of things - teamwork, work rate, decision making, etc.
- Only third area of focus would be technical

I won't give very specific examples here, but the options should give the manager some flexibility and say in what gets emphasized at junior level and also what kind of junior players are recruited in the first place before they even start getting coached.  
One level further which would be even greater would be to set some rules like this per position type (for defenders, for midfielders, for attackers)

This would make it so much more fun in developing a club's own players and a more entertaining long term save.

4 minutes ago, Dorin said:

Oh yeah, your post is what got me thinking more about it! Hope they make some improvements here :D 

Hopefully, If you read The European Game by Daniel Fieldsend it'll really get you thinking about how much potential this has to really enhance the game.

• 1 year later...