European Playoff

Shrew82

I have created a database where i have extended the Welsh League system down to level 7 (based on the English League structure).  I used the basic editor to start with and successfully made working promotion, relegation and promotion playoffs.  I want to incorporate the European Playoff system in to the Premier League, but after copying the real rules from the main system (using the advanced editor) i get a situation where it won't verify because the stage goes in to the following season.  Is anyone able to help me?

I believe most European playoffs are at least partially hard-coded. I say this because doing the opposite, which is removing European playoffs from leagues that have one (like the Netherlands) doesn't work very well even if you remove the dedicated ruleset and hunt every piece of leftover data. Those playoffs almost always require to be combined with rules in code to work IME; you could start there. Alternatively and instead of redoing the whole system from scratch, just edit the vanilla rules in Advanced modes, don't touch the divisions that are already working and only add new leagues to the current ruleset.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:  I have worked out how to add a working play-off.  Basically i had to create a new competition and added it to my league structure in the basic editor.  This waits until The Premier Division and Welsh Cup are completed before it sets the play off up.  The only problem i have currently is that its draws teams that have already qualified for Europe, which is not what i want, but i can see that i am on the right course.  I have been trying to achieve this for a while, and this is the closest i have come!

NB.  If anyone has every managed this please feel free to help me.  I can get 4 teams from the top division to play in my playoff, but it won't let me exclude the teams who have already qualified for europe.  The advanced editor is brilliant, but very temperamental at times... one slight error and it doesn't want to know.

Edited by Shrew82

SOLUTION ACHIEVED:  I managed to achieve what i set out to do by adding a Top Playoff.  It looks slightly untidy as you need to add 11 places under league settings, but only add 4 teams under the stage.  You also need to skip teams that already have a fait, which means that if a team finishes 3rd for example and the welsh cup winners are 7th or below, then they will be entered in the competition.  Teams who win the welsh cup who finish in playoff positions are skipped.  Although it looks a little untidy, it means that it is satisfactory for the current co-efficient and also flexible if the co-efficient goes up over time.

I will post a tutorial at some point, as i would imagine i'm not on my own in wanting to achieve this goal.