I think I now almost loathe the game I love

I won't bore you with the full story. I always played Fm/CM, having been a huge fan of FM10, I bought FMT 14 then 16 then 18. Could never get into any since 10, Never really gave them much time, until 18 that is. Recently started to play again, but I find it truly impossible.

Started a career with Grimsby. Created my own system. Sacked after 5 months. Thought I wouldn't get offered another job, but then Elgin in Scot Lg2 offered me the job. Took it. Massive favourites for promotion...sacked 10 games into season by being next to bottom. After being sacked there I thought there's no way I could get another job. Sure enough though, Forfar offered me the job, on the verge of relegation to Lg2. I took them down, but again massive favourites for promotion. 8 games in, I find myself 7th and well off the pace. I started playing a really basic 442 this season too with no TI's. Nothing works. Recently we've played much better, but still  lose games. I'm now at my wits end. I feared asking here as it's still FM18 and you guys will all be playing 19 and ready for 20, im sure. I will probably buy 20 when it comes out in the hope it will be easier, and knowing there will be plenty of help around as it will be the current game.

Because of all this, I do think i'm seriously beginning to loathe the game I've loved for the last 25-30 years.  The current league I play in appears so random that despite me having the best XI in the division, every player is rubbish. Every decision the players make are terrible. Sorry for the rant, I truly am gutted.

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

I am sure that there are a few small tactical tweaks that could be made to help you- head over to the Tactics forum and open a thread with as much detail as you can about your team, formation, team instructions and player roles.

Thanks mate. I didn't want this to be a moaning thread, having been here on these forums for more years than most, but less contributions, I know how ridiculous the OTT moaners can get. I am seriously gutted though about how things are going just now. I just want to enjoy the best series of games ever made.

I'll put a post over there. Cheers mate.