Starting transfer budget question

Hey guys,

Just started a new game as Arsenal using the latest database (19.3). My starting transfer budget is around £30 million, which seems a little low to me when compared to previous iterations. Is this correct? Does it matter which database I use? For example, if I used the original, prior to any winter tranfer activity, would the budget be higher?

Many thanks.

Grant. 

Edit: Tried starting a new game with the 19.1 database and the transfer budget was more than double, so i guess I answered my own question. However, for those more experienced, are there any other differences I should be aware of between 19.1 and 19.3?

All teams have lower starting budgets because the new signings they have bought in real life are counted as your signings.

Look in the transfer history on your first day of a save and there is already a bunch of money spent by the club, so it makes sense from that point of view for realism.

I think Arsenal have already spent over 60 million so another 30 million totalling around 90 million summer spend sounds about right.

You may have also noticed its very hard to sell players in the first transfer window, this is because most teams are already spent up.

thehig2,

Thank you for taking the time to explain this! I think I'll use 19.1 and scour the transfer market my self for some wonderkids and a good left-back, as Arsenal are severly lacking in defense.

Cheers.

Grant.

Other differences between the 19.1 and 19.3 databases will be that the attributes of players and managers will be closer to how they played IRL in the 19.3 database, as the stats are reviewed at the January transfer window, and so if a player previously hadn't had a particularly notable season until the 18/19 season, the 19.1 database will still reflect them at their lower stats.

Archived