I have been playing as Arsenal for 10 seasons, however, despite doing quite well, the boards current confidence in me is at 15% and they are "ashamed of showing their faces in public anymore due to the damage i have inflicted on the clubs stature within the football community".

For info, I am in pre-season of my 11th season in charge. In that time i have won 8 cups (3 Com shields, 2 Carabao cups, 2 FA cups, 1 Euro cup, One Super Cup and 1 Champs league which, incidently,  was in the season just finished!) and have won the league twice, finishing in the top 3 for all 10 seasons so far). I have a squad who are all "delighted" to be at the club except one player who i am trying to sell and we are the 2nd best ranked team in Europe behind Barcelona. I have a transfer budget of £250m and a wage budget that is £1m/per week LESS than the budget the board have given to me. I have fulfilled 90% of the promises made to my players over the last 10 years and have been given the chance to choose 3 of my own affiliate clubs as well as improving the training and youth facilities constantly and not having any arguments with the board. I have never leaked anything to the press and so am astonished that their confidence in me is so low. It has been heading in the wrong direction for 2-3 years so i have tried things from buying world class players to boost reputation, played friendlies against all the big teams and so on but am getting nowhere. I dont know where i am going wrong and would appreciate some help please?

Club reputation has to be broken.

With Braga, I became in 5-6 seasons the best portuguese team, we've reached quarter finals of CL twice in a row, yet reputation is still the same and is said to only improve slightly. Come one, some croatian dude refused to even discuss with us and decided to joined Gremio. Players aren't interested in joining us, even when playing in Brazil or whatever. They tell me "nah, I'm waiting for a big club to buy me" but no one but me is interested.

Archived