Average current ability on South America, problem...

grkmori

+ Oh well... I know Football Manager Devs has left almost abandoned Brazilians divisions because no deal with CBF...

- The average current ability (CA) for players on "Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A" (CBsA) of Brazil is ~125ish (or less)... This means that the CA of a good player of the top division of Brazil is 135.   

- The top players in this division have a CA of 140~145. But they number only 10ish in this division.

- The "not so good teams" on CBsA have an average CA of ~120ish.

+ This low average CA numbers generates a number of problems when players are brought to Europe (or other regions of the world). AND on young players growth, when playing on this division. 

- Going back to reality, I do believe a top (top top) player on this division would be able to be on the starting eleven of any top team of the world (or at least almost there) (like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Bayern Munich...). Recent examples: Vinicius Junior, Arthur (barca), Gabriel Jesus... But they are minus ~10 CA lower to do that.

- A top player or top youth prospect and already developed (+20 years when moving), would be on the starting eleven of the teams on the top 5 divisions of Europe. Examples: Lucas Paquetá, Luan (Grêmio, no transfer), Dudu (Palmeiras, no transfer), Diego Alves (Flamengo, was playing for Valencia, and now his CA is 135...)... But they are minus ~10 CA lower to do that.

- An average player should be a starting eleven on half bottom teams on Liga NOS (Portugal), even being on the spotlight on that team, as it happens in reality . But they are minus ~10 CA lower to do that.

+ These are some of few examples that shows the problems on this low average CA for players on CBsA generates for the simulation progress of the game.

- I know that increasing this average would generate a lot of issues for the game (like a step increase on transfers from Brazil).  

- I also know that this problem is not only related to CBsA or South American leagues, but how the game deals with the players average CA/PA as a whole.

- I also know that changes on this would even influence match engine...

+ One solution would be increase the CA of all "average players". Decreasing all the CA/PA corrections that you guys from Sports Interactive do every year when a "average player" move to a "bigger club".

- This would also bring the game closer to reality, as I dont think a Fernandinho (Man City) is 20 CA better than another defensive midfielder from a team from Premier Division. As 1 example, but there are many.

- I also think that this would bring a good influence to Football Manager games as the AI simulations tend to give too much credit to high CA players when simulating match results or even in the match engine. 

- It would also give the opportunity to depend less on CA/PA and give more credit to Manager, Tactics, Coaches, Facilities and Morale for a player "real" CA/PA. 

Oh well... I know that changes on this would generate one of the largest changes on Football Manager ever... but I hope at least you think about it, because I think it has many positives... like making Football Manager even more realistic.

• 10 months later...