[Suggestion] Improve national team management

Zek

During the 12, 13 years I've been playing FM, I always felt NT management could be improved to make it more interesting and make it feel more alive.

1. Rest during international breaks should be an option for NT managers. It doesn't make sense you can't rest your players during tournaments, causing your players to have low conditions at the end of the tournaments. I think the Training function in general should be in, because I can't imagine that a national team doesn't do any focused training at all during international breaks.

2. More Interactions with your players. If you don't call up a certain player, let us be able to tell them why you didn't call them up, because for example they're not part of your plans anymore because they're too old or because they haven't performed for too long at his club or with the national team.
They and the other players can even react to your decision, maybe even causing a rift in the squad because one part of the squad agrees with your decision and the other part disagrees with your decision. Or the whole squad rebelling against you because they think your decision was unfair.

3. International tournaments just... happen if you're a club manager. Sometimes you get a message about your players' performance on the tournament, but if you didn't know better, you wouldn't even know there was an international tournament going on. I admit this suggestion is harder to pull off and would make it more tedious, but maybe after a good or bad performance by one of your players at the tournament, have a journalist ask you about what you think of their performance. Or if your reputation is high enough, have the media invite you to watch a few games and answer a few questions about the game after it ended.

The first suggestion is also for FM Touch, as Rest and Training are also in that version of the game.

I understand national team management isn't SI's highest priority, because I think everyone, including me, cares more about club management than about national team management, but I still feel NT management is more barebones than it needs to be.

Archived