How to destroy a club like Man Utd

I've started a save were I try to win the English Premier League with as many teams as possible. The only catch is I have to attempt to destroy the club as much as possible, this is to ensure that it was easier to get them out of the way. I failed at my first attempt with Liverpool as were a very successful club adding another couple of Champions Leagues to their current stash, but I came along and finished 3rd. I was able to get the Man Utd job 1yr later. I only needed one season to win the league even if it did go down to the wire. This is where I start to try and destroy Utd. 

All of the first team was sold with the club paying the wage as well (how this was allowed by the club is another thing). After they all went I was able to start offering maximum wages to the likes of the U23 players and youth players. These wages would start at £450k and as I offered more out the maximum I could offer would lower. Lots of bonuses and 50% yearly wages rises would be given as well.  I also released all non-playing staff and signed a lot of non-league players on maxed out contracts. After I resigned I holidayed to January. I added a manager to have a quick look at their finances and wage bill to see the damage as well as their performance in the league. They were sitting rock bottom with a £300m debt. As far as I was concerned they would continue to fall and hopefully fail any FFP rules. At the end of the season they had managed to win 6 times and draw a few as well. However, the finances were not what I expected come the new season. They had at least £25m in the balance and collected about £375m in sponsorships. There didn't appear to be any bailouts with a loan and still no punishment for their money issues. To top it off, they started to bid for players at my new club, Chelsea. Their wage bill was sitting at about £52m per month. They were, according to the rules, allowed a loss of £15m over a 1yr period and they were projected to lose £560m over the same period. After 13 games in the Championship they are sitting 3rd with a 9-1-3 record.

How have they not been punished? How have they not plummeted even further? Does FM look after clubs to stop them all but folding? Is there anything I could've done to ensure they don't rebound so quickly?

8 hours ago, Stouters said:

I've started a save were I try to win the English Premier League with as many teams as possible. The only catch is I have to attempt to destroy the club as much as possible, this is to ensure that it was easier to get them out of the way. I failed at my first attempt with Liverpool as were a very successful club adding another couple of Champions Leagues to their current stash, but I came along and finished 3rd. I was able to get the Man Utd job 1yr later. I only needed one season to win the league even if it did go down to the wire. This is where I start to try and destroy Utd. 

All of the first team was sold with the club paying the wage as well (how this was allowed by the club is another thing). After they all went I was able to start offering maximum wages to the likes of the U23 players and youth players. These wages would start at £450k and as I offered more out the maximum I could offer would lower. Lots of bonuses and 50% yearly wages rises would be given as well.  I also released all non-playing staff and signed a lot of non-league players on maxed out contracts. After I resigned I holidayed to January. I added a manager to have a quick look at their finances and wage bill to see the damage as well as their performance in the league. They were sitting rock bottom with a £300m debt. As far as I was concerned they would continue to fall and hopefully fail any FFP rules. At the end of the season they had managed to win 6 times and draw a few as well. However, the finances were not what I expected come the new season. They had at least £25m in the balance and collected about £375m in sponsorships. There didn't appear to be any bailouts with a loan and still no punishment for their money issues. To top it off, they started to bid for players at my new club, Chelsea. Their wage bill was sitting at about £52m per month. They were, according to the rules, allowed a loss of £15m over a 1yr period and they were projected to lose £560m over the same period. After 13 games in the Championship they are sitting 3rd with a 9-1-3 record.

How have they not been punished? How have they not plummeted even further? Does FM look after clubs to stop them all but folding? Is there anything I could've done to ensure they don't rebound so quickly?

@Stouters United's sponsorships will be multi-year deals. You needed to make sure the guys you sold with the club paying the wages were on long contracts, so that the expenditure potentially outlasts their current sponsors. If they do badly, their new deals will be worse.

Also in the Championship 13 games is nothing, and any Man Utd team would be expected to win the thing no matter how bad you've made them. Champions to Championship in 12 months is also pretty impressive destruction.

I did something similar to Barcelona, with a little help from the in game editor I put all of their staff on max wage and 100% yearly pay rise they had to sell everyone decent in the end and ended up in spanish 3 rd division , this is when i came along and took over and bought them back to glory, by that point the staff were on 2 million plus per week lol

Archived