[FM19] - Let's Be 'Avin You - A World Record Attempt (Season 9 Completed)

WillHoward42

I recently had stirred memories and emotions of my longest ever (and personally, most fun) FM experience which goes way back to FM2012. Managing Norwich City for 42 seasons.

This got me wondering what the longest game of FM is.

My research found that the World Record for longevity is from a man in Poland who at the time of the record had completed 221 seasons on FM16. Even more astounding is this was at the same club he started on day one.

Now I appreciate this is no easy thing to replicate, but I shall give it my best!!

2018/2019 - Season 1 Review

Competitions

Championship Division - 6th

FA Cup - Sixth Round (Defeated by Chelsea)

League Cup - Third Round (Defeated by Manchester United)

Championship Division

yxzP67J.png

Premier Division

5yY2FUh.png

Champions League

48oAWKP.png

Europa League

VL4sM6h.png

FA Cup

jV9njaw.png

League Cup

S0hrrZm.png

Transfers In/Out

fpu57cn.png

Best XI - 2018/2019

VoGVAhy.png

Premier Division Team Of The Year 2018/2019

CHuJ9TV.png

Season 1 Summary

Having lost in the semi finals of the play offs, I wasn't too unhappy with the way the season ended up. A lot of draws that could have and in a lot of cases should have been wins, which would have seen us easily clinch automatic promotion. However the board only expected playoffs, so I have kept them happy and now look forward to assembling a strong squad to dominate the league next season. We already have a good, young squad and with some summer additions, the future is bright for Norwich City!

2019/2020 - Season 2 Review

Competitions

Championship Division - 1st

FA Cup - Sixth Round (Defeated by Watford)

League Cup - First Round (Defeated by Colchester United)

Championship Division

WUUOL3j.png

Premier Division

xBihaBT.png

Champions League

EvpwOF2.png

Europa League

itfqFMx.png

FA Cup

84GWKsh.png

League Cup

buKhAPF.png

Transfers In/Out

et0VzKB.png

Best XI - 2019/2020

TA1vV9N.png

Premier Division Team Of The Year 2019/2020

d2RNrVY.png

Season 2 Summary

An absolutely fantastic display all year round from the team with a record points total in The Championship. Chris Willock has been sensational. I think a second year on this league will help us when we step up to the big league! I am very happy with the squad I have, so only a couple of additions to the first team I think, then scout through the youngsters to start bringing in some stars for the future.

2020/2021 - Season 3 Review

Competitions

Premier Division - 7th

FA Cup - Semi Finals (Defeat to Manchester United)

League Cup - Second Round (Defeat to Grimsby Town)

Premier Division

ChPBDsD.png

Champions League

iwLJf6i.png

Europa League

BAOH3c6.png

FA Cup

hQNkhXS.png

League Cup

ZVCCcYW.png

Transfers In/Out

9CWLeXQ.png

Bets XI - Season 3

wx6JaBY.png

Best XI - Overall

ybt1ep5.png

Premier Division Team Of The Year 2020/2021

HPFnAuv.png

Alan Davison (Youth Intake 2019)

1OHjic1.png

Alfie Chappell (Youth Intake 2021)

Sm6uc08.png

Season 3 - Summary

What a season that was for what is a very young squad. I took a very big gamble in bringing in only youth players, bar the odd first team player. But they shined as we managed to scrape a Europa League place! With European football on the horizon, I shall be looking to make the squad a little larger, especially first team quality players, but I will also be using the competition to give the new youngsters some minutes on the pitch. Exciting times ahead at Carrow Road!

• WillHoward42 changed the title to [FM19] - Let's Be 'Avin You - A Canary's Dream (Season 3 Completed)

2021/2022 - Season 4 Review

Competitions

Premier Division - 6th

Europa League - First Knockout Round (Defeated by Schalke)

FA Cup - Third Round (Defeated by Burnley)

League Cup - Fourth Round (Defeated by Southampton)

Premier Division

DC9vGhl.png

Champions League

wx0yFSq.png

Europa League

xZ1wdNX.png

FA Cup

kyTsYQe.png

League Cup

abdrcvl.png

Transfers In/Out

cxIfPPh.png

First Team Statistics

UOBi4IG.png

Best XI - 2021/2022

e6rgHUs.png

Best XI - Overall

PCwEBwT.png

Premier Division Team Of The Year 2021/2022

ibdnDF2.png

Youth Intake 2021/2022 - Aymar Kanda

Nqk28rY.png

Norwich Player Of The Year

QmvEpuV.png

Season 4 - Summary

Another fantastic season that saw us sustain our status as the 'best of the rest'. We rised from seventh up to sixth. And also improved our points tally by eight points. There was a stand out season for many of our youngsters, none more so than our Wonderkid striker Nicolas Minnicelli, who only cost us £3.3m in season 3. I am hoping to push on in Europe next season and hope to advance into the later stages. I do not think the squad is ready to make a push on the top four. Lessons also learned from transfers, as a lot of money was wasted on Maitland-Niles. So I am looking to be a lot more thrifty next season. There is also a lot of excitement with the youth players coming through the Norwich youth academy, who I am looking to blood into the first team.

• WillHoward42 changed the title to [FM19] - Let's Be 'Avin You - A Canary's Dream (Season 4 Completed)

2022/2023 - Season 5 Preview

Transfers In/Out

L812GAa.png

Norwich First Team - Goalkeepers

Angus Gunn - Season 1

Signed as a replacement to the outgoing Jack Butland. He looks every bit as good as the former keeper and will straight into the starting eleven. Only costing £18m was a good bit of business here.

5z791zB.png

Freddie Woodman - Season 3

Entering his third season with the club, Freddie is a more than capable back up and shall see himself getting game time in the cup competitions. He also helps towards our homegrown quota.

rwHtHO0.png

Andres Martinez (Regen) - Season 2

I have loaned him out this year to get some much needed game time, it might leave me short with just two keepers. But this kid looks special. Minutes on the pitch are what he needs.

uJmBeNq.png

Norwich First Team - Centrebacks

Davide Bettella - Season 4

The Italian has become a mainstay in the back four and continues to impress despite his young age. Big things are expected this season as he looks to break into the National team for the first time.

FLhPSZr.png

Dario Maresic - Season 2

Coming in with a hefty price tag last season and not really living up to expectation, it is a big season for the Austrian who could see his starting position up for grabs if he doesn't hit the ground running.

f2dEorF.png

Oscar Sandoval (Regen) - Season 2

The new kid on the block, and boy does he look promising. He will be looking to edge his way into the starting eleven over Dario Maresic. Already listed as a Wonderkid, I am hoping for big things!

g3TlUlC.png

Jan Vetonghen - Season 1

Jan needs no introduction. Bringing him in on a free was a good bit of business and he will be keeping the young lads in line within the dressing room and on the training pitch.

1WEvDWZ.png

Norwich First Team - Fullbacks

Luca Tagliabue (Regen) - Season 3

What a player this boy is, still incredibly young and with plenty of potential left. I have high hopes of Luca pushing the club into the next stage. A £101m release cause is my only worry with him leaving.

fou0tXK.png

Aymar Kanda (Regen) - Season 2

The biggest gamble I have taken this year is at LB, where I have thrown new youth intake product Aymar straight into the starting line up. With only youngsters to back him up, I hope the risk pays off.

LhTHGlz.png

Max Aarons - Season 5

Max is the only original player still with us at the club (with the exception of Adam Idah in the reserves) He has been a great service to the club and is ideal as back up to Luca. Also homegrown.

tONBnCU.png

Dino Sani (Regen) - Season 1

As said previously, a massive gamble with the LB situation. Dino will be fighting with Aymar for the spot in the first team. It will all come down to who adapts best given the pressure they are under.

4vtq642.png

Norwich First Team - Midfielders

Xadas - Season 5

With us since his loan move on day one. Xadas is our most influential player in the midfield and I had a big fight to keep hold of him this summer. Champions League may be needed to keep him here.

SJMPEma.png

Harry Winks - Season 3

Harry enters his third season with the Canaries and he has been of fantastic service. He links up great with Xadas in the centre of park and he really makes the team tick. National team beckons.

W6IHFrQ.png

Alan Davison (Regen) - Season 5

Alan is the product from our very first intake and he really is coming on leaps and bound. He has cemented himself as a regular starter and is keeping some high profile names on the bench.

dGhsltn.png

Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Season 2

I feel harsh calling Ainsley's first season a flop, but with a £25m price tag, he's been far from showing that value. He's already seen himself fall down the pecking order however his versatility helps.

ZCN3XCJ.png

Ben Pearson - Season 4

Dropping to the reserves middle of last season, Ben has been handed a lifeline. If he wants to stay at the club, he needs a big performance this year or he will see himself getting moved on.

L8UGmbr.png

Joe Willock - Season 2

Arriving in January last season was tough for Joe and he probably isn't of the quality we need. However he is homegrown and is suitable backup for the cup and Europa League games.

JeDYHrN.png

Jose Santos (Regen) - Season 1

Jose will be looking to make an impression in the cup games this season. The midfield is our strongest position, so competition for places is high and Jose will need to impress.

7sr7O8r.png

Norwich First Team - Wingers

Federico Chiesa - Season 1

£50m was spent here and huge wages also. Federico will have to show his worth. He replaces outbound Francisco Trincao who was incredible the last two seasons. This is a gamble, massively!

CrMMH49.png

Chris Willock - Season 5

What an important player Chris has become, absolute quality year after year. The more incredible thing is that he is still yet to earn a cap for his country. Hopefully another strong season ahead.

Xv5t2FD.png

John Lobo (Regen) - Season 2

John looks a good talent here and I am excited for what he can produce. He will feature a lot in the cup games and across the Europa League, I hope he takes his chances well.

Ghb9ruU.png

Alfie Chappell (Regen) - Season 3

Another Norwich youth product and the one I am excited about most. He will learn a lot being Federico's understudy and I think he has a big future ahead of him. Only time will tell.

8fbSN0s.png

Norwich First Team - Strikers

Nicolas Minnicelli (Regen) - Season 3

Possibly the biggest piece of business in the summer was tying him down to a long term contract. He probably is too good for Norwich already. I fear Champions League qualification will depend if Nicolas stays with us beyond this season. He was a monster last year with 27 league goals.

lUtd44F.png

Hector Camacho (Regen) - Season 2

Another wonderkid we have managed to pick up on the cheap. He looks more than good enough to play second fiddle to Nicolas. His chances will come in cup games and the Europa League.

iYecDG4.png

Quint Persijn (Regen) - Season 3

Quint is used to being back up, it will be interesting to see how he copes with Hector also vying for a spot in the cup games. An abundance of quality strikers is never a bad situation to find yourself in!

X80M0P8.png

Seaason 5 - Preview Summary

So that is the team. I am very excited about what we can do this season. Anything is possible with Nicolas up front. Europa League I shall hope to progress to the final stages of the competition. However my focus has to be breaking into that top. I feel Champions League qualification is going to be vital to keeping hold of more than a handful of our real top quality players. A defining season ahead for Norwich.

• WillHoward42 changed the title to [FM19] - Let's Be 'Avin You - A World Record Attempt (Season 9 Completed)

This is still going on, but I have fallen that much into the save I cannot keep away even to update on here.

I am now 9 seasons complete and just won my first CL title.

Still no PL title, missed out in season 9 finishing second.

Squad is predominantly regens now, with the exception of Phil Foden.

Manchester United have been dominating the league, winning the last 5 seasons under Pep!!

I am confident of usurping them this year though.

I will shy away from doing full season updates and just update like this with progress made.

No idea how far I will go.... but still really enjoying this, so another ten years is the next target!

Also something to note, which I like to see, Burnley still have Sean Dyche in charge!!!

Help would be appreciated here....

Is there a view of managers in charge of teams per division? I cannot seem to find a view.

Would be nice to see the list of clubs with their manager, at the moment I am just going into each club's information to get a look.

Craziest one so far.... Benni McCarthy in charge of Chelski!!!

Archived