[FM19] South and Central America Update

EDIT: This whole thing will be expanded and included into a bigger project (no point to reinvent the wheel!). See here for more details.

I have recently decided to start a journeyman save in South/Central/North America. To do this, I wanted to add some missing nations from this region to maximise the experience. Taking advantage of being unwell, I have been able to get some pretty realistic leagues going. Since you do not seem to able to find these leagues with correct rules easily, I thought I would make them available for others to use. This includes: 

Bolivia (1 level, opening and closing stage, final league table for relegation, no cups)

Costa Rica (1 level, real rules except for additional playoff stage that seems hard to code properly.)

Ecuador (2 levels, real rules including average point table for relegation, cup)

El Salvador (1 level, real rules with playoffs for opening and closing stages, cup)

Guatemala (1 level, real rules with playoffs for opening and closing stages, cup).

Honduras (1 level, real rules with playoffs for opening and closing stages, cup).

Paraguay (2 levels, real rules, cup)

Venezuela (1 level, real rules with playoffs for opening and closing stages, cup).

As I said, these leagues were created purely for me to use, so they are likely not perfect, nor perfect. There are definitely some quirks, but the leagues run which is what matters for me. I have taken care of things like correct dates and mapping of the playoff ties (1v8, 2v7 etc). They have been tested and they run without crashes. 

If you want to add them to a megapack, be my guest. Stick my name at the end for credit and let people enjoy. These leagues have the proper rules in place, which makes them a step above the other leagues I found online (although I guess there may be a Spanish speaking community who has done a better job). 

I may also continue to expand in this region, although I am not sure. This is the first time I have created some significant league content in a very long time (I have been focusing on the player side of thing with my African update). Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to see (perhaps not lower league Argentina, first someone would have to make me understand how the hell it works). 

Download link at the bottom, let me know if there are any issues. Extract the files to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data.

SouthCentralAmerica.rar

As a South American (I'm Brazilian), I would like to create together with you a South America megapack (as I'm planning to do it after finishing France Level 17 DB). It would be very nice

I'll be passing a list of things you can do to improve and boost the updates.

• 1 month later...

I tested the paraguayan league and i find some mistakes

in a year are two champions, one from torneo apertura (jan-jun)

other champion from torneo clausura (jul-dec)

every team plays 22 matches in each torneo count in total 44 matches in a year

i found in this update that the apertura and clausura plays from jan to jun with 12 matches in every torneo, with no matches from jul to dec.

In Copa Paraguay participate 64 teams playoff mode with one match with penalties the date of start its ok in the second semester (jul-dec)

the promotion calculate with the media of points in 3 years (points/matches played), the 2 worst media relegate to the division intermedia

Em 20/05/2019 em 15:36, olimpero84 disse:

I tested the paraguayan league and i find some mistakes

in a year are two champions, one from torneo apertura (jan-jun)

other champion from torneo clausura (jul-dec)

every team plays 22 matches in each torneo count in total 44 matches in a year

i found in this update that the apertura and clausura plays from jan to jun with 12 matches in every torneo, with no matches from jul to dec.

In Copa Paraguay participate 64 teams playoff mode with one match with penalties the date of start its ok in the second semester (jul-dec)

the promotion calculate with the media of points in 3 years (points/matches played), the 2 worst media relegate to the division intermedia

We are working all these things in my South & Central America megapack. It is even in the top of the topic.

Archived