Help Required - Regional Division

dirtybadger67

Hi, I'm pleading for help!

Background - I'm building a database for lower leagues of Scotland, I've been at it for a week and I'm almost done but the last step has me stumped.

I have the Highland League and the Lowland leagues play through the season as normal, come May, the top two from each division move to the "Highland-Lowland League" and play-off to win promotion to League 2. This is all fine, except the team relegated from League 2 simply takes the place of the promoted team. What I'd like to happen is all teams from both the Highland and Lowland leagues are re-arranged and sorted by latitude and placed in to either division based on their geographical location, including the "new" team relegated from league 2.

image.thumb.png.2f6c5b5978a2847b606a78cca9ce8328.png

9 minutes ago, dirtybadger67 said:

Hi, I'm pleading for help!

Background - I'm building a database for lower leagues of Scotland, I've been at it for a week and I'm almost done but the last step has me stumped. 

I have the Highland League and the Lowland leagues play through the season as normal, come May, the top two from each division move to the "Highland-Lowland League" and play-off to win promotion to League 2. This is all fine, except the team relegated from League 2 simply takes the place of the promoted team. What I'd like to happen is all teams from both the Highland and Lowland leagues are re-arranged and sorted by latitude and placed in to either division based on their geographical location, including the "new" team relegated from league 2.

image.thumb.png.2f6c5b5978a2847b606a78cca9ce8328.png

the game sort out teams based on stadium longitude/latitude and REGIONAL DIVISION SETTINGS (in club-> competition submenu) so you can 'choose' what divison team is relegated into.

12 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

the game sort out teams based on stadium longitude/latitude and REGIONAL DIVISION SETTINGS (in club-> competition submenu) so you can 'choose' what divison team is relegated into.

Sorry, I don't follow you?

I tried setting the Highland-Lowland league to "Use Regional Divisions To Organise Teams" and also "Sort Teams > Latitude" then I simmed through a season.

image.thumb.png.2a80c59d90416b5f74f77faf1468e8e6.png

image.thumb.png.64005075094203d44b93585a98ad3181.png

The following season, the 2 child compititions re-arranged the teams to even the numbers in each division (which is cool) and some teams moved from Highland league to Lowland league and vice versa, but this was not based on geographical location.

I have simmed in this way 3 or 4 times and it is always the same split, although I can't figure out the logic.

2 minutes ago, dirtybadger67 said:

Sorry, I don't follow you?

I tried setting the Highland-Lowland league to "Use Regional Divisions To Organise Teams" and also "Sort Teams > Latitude" then I simmed through a season. 

image.thumb.png.2a80c59d90416b5f74f77faf1468e8e6.png

image.thumb.png.64005075094203d44b93585a98ad3181.png

The following season, the 2 child compititions re-arranged the teams to even the numbers in each division (which is cool) and some teams moved from Highland league to Lowland league and vice versa, but this was not based on geographical location. 

I have simmed in this way 3 or 4 times and it is always the same split, although I can't figure out the logic.

I'm not talking about using regional division to organize teams, I'm talking about setting each team a highland or lowland division as division they should be relegated into (when they are relegated from higher league)

Aah, I get you.

I'd like it to be done automatically so that the division sizes remain even but every year the teams are re-drawn in to groups, i.e, the 16 most northerly and the 16 most southerly, rather than each team having a predetermined group if they happen to drop below league 2.

Can this be done?

14 hours ago, dirtybadger67 said:

Aah, I get you.

I'd like it to be done automatically so that the division sizes remain even but every year the teams are re-drawn in to groups, i.e, the 16 most northerly and the 16 most southerly, rather than each team having a predetermined group if they happen to drop below league 2. 

Can this be done?

yes, it should be done by this sort teams option you've used. But dunno why it's not working.

Archived