FMT v FM

So I have a save going on on FM19, lower league in England.  Started off unemployed and am 5 years in and on my fourth club.  I tend to start off okayish but never really do anything great.  Sooner or later though I hit a slump and that's it - I can barely get a point for love nor money.  I'm torn between tweaking the tactics to see if anything will help and leaving things to let my players get more used to things.  Nothing seems to work and I've just lost my last two games 2-5 and 0-6 home to ordinary teams and I can see the process starting all over again.

What I'm trying to say I think is that should I have a go on FMT for a bit and what are the major differences?  I get the terrible feeling with FM that I'm always missing something and that is why my seemingly decent players go terrible and morale hits the floor.  Mentoring?  Should I spend hours on that?  Leave the training to my Ass Man then get told during games we need to focus on this, that and the other?  Analysis?  Still doesn't tell me why the opposition can produce passages of play or 30 yard screamers that have no place in Vanarama League South.

If any of you good people could suggest why FMT is the thing for me or should I just suck up the defeats and keep an eye out on the Job Security page then I'd be very grateful...

FMT is a lot more streamlined which might help, however, it could be your approach to lower league management.

For instance, lower league teams won't cope well with lots of team instructions.

Also, as for 30-yard screamers and good passages of play, this happens at all levels of football every weekend.

Archived