Help with 4-1-4-1 dm wide

As you can all tell I play on fm touch not sure if it’s much difference. Currently we’re overachieving I must say 4th in the league (should be nowhere near) but a lot of my goals have relied on individual brilliance, luck or a set piece. What always seems to be lacking is that connection between my attackers and midfielders they always seem to be so far away from each other and have tried everything to try and get them to link. So could anybody point me in the right direction? 

89021FA9-EA5C-4468-A1B9-7C47A8EFD431.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Marcusbrown97@hotmail.com said:

Currently we’re overachieving I must say 4th in the league (should be nowhere near)

This is most of your issue - your own changed expectations.  You're asking us how you can maintain or even improve on your results when by your own admission you should be nowhere near 4th place.  And because you're in 4th place you want to carry on being there (or getting even better).  That's a tough ask.

Overall you could look at your Mentality, some player duties, and/or even your formation.  Your tactic is called "fluid counter" but you aren't playing a fluid counter system.  Your chosen Mentality is Positive, which is pretty high risk.  For those games against bigger/similar teams, you could consider reducing mentality BUT you haven't told us your results against such teams, so if results are good, why change anything?

Similarly some duties may be overly aggressive against such teams, so you could consider reducing some attacking duties to support, or support duties to defend.  But again, we don't know your results.  And the same with formation - perhaps dropping both wide players to the ML/R positions may help give you greater defensive stability, but we don't know your results.

Essentially you're over achieving but a quite large amount, so why change anything?  Take the success and strengthen your squad with better players when you are able to.  Your Board isn't pressuring you to maintain this success, it's only you pressurising yourself and wanting more (which is natural :)).  Be ambitious but don't get carried away.

Thanks for the response, the pictures I’ll put up is the results I’ve managed against big teams it’s pretty decent but I’d like to put up a fight away from home against these teams, in terms of dropping certain players to support I worry a bit because I don’t want my striker to get isolated so would the if(s) w(s) bbm(s) be enough to actually support the striker enough, tactics wise I usually adapt to what I see (one of the benefits on touch don’t have to deal with familiarity) I like to play a high tempo mixed passing game with pressing (if I’m stronger) and exactly the same weaker only difference being less pressing however transition tactics I usually leave the ‘counter’ because maybe it’s just me but I feel attack’s don’t come often or feel rushed. And finally mentality I’ve read from rashidi that like you mentioned it’s more of a risk factor so I thought maybe against a bigger team it’ll be better to play this way so my team constantly try to penetrate rather than keep the ball and needlessly lose it? 

55DE580F-D8DD-4380-851E-119F635BD086.jpeg

8BE4E6F5-B06E-4FAB-A0CF-9FF735C55CF9.jpeg

Archived