Non-Qualifier Still Playing In Next Round

Kanwulf

I'm trying to create the Arab Club Championship in it's current structure, but I am having some issues with teams in the league and group stages in the early rounds.

Basically, as it stands, there is a preliminary round that is contested by three teams (one from each of Somalia, Comoros and Djibouti). Of these three teams, only 1 team is then qualified to the Playoff Round which is 2 groups of 4 teams. However, despite setting it so that only 1 teams qualifies for the next round..... all 3 teams are still going through. (As you can see from the screenshots below)

Preliminary Round

127489928aaee1d4a04cc6ecd21ced40.png

a76cb7eca17334c7d40462e9589d503b.png

Playoff Round

124cff959305d4e52543e32fbab04a0a.png

Furthermore, qualification isn't working as it should from this round either as proven below:

64a5f15ef7e19052f6199a7d9a61888b.png

15 minutes ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Have you created this file from scratch in fm19 or have you imported it from previous edition?

I had similar issues to you, it was an imported fm18 edt file

Created this one from scratch

2 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

Created this one from scratch

Strange, i have just created a few competitions from scratch(only domestic ones mind) and they worked, despite the exact same set up from imported file not working.

Seems the editor is sh!te this year, how many db changes does your file have? 

3 minutes ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Strange, i have just created a few competitions from scratch(only domestic ones mind) and they worked, despite the exact same set up from imported file not working.

Seems the editor is sh!te this year, how many db changes does your file have? 

The only database changes I have made were creating the premier leagues of Mauritania, Comoros, Djibouti and Somalia. Apart from that, there are none at all. I'm staring to find it a bit frustrating to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

The only database changes I have made were creating the premier leagues of Mauritania, Comoros, Djibouti and Somalia. Apart from that, there are none at all. I'm staring to find it a bit frustrating to be honest.

Pull the cursor over the db file upon setting the game up, it should tell you how many changes you have made. You might be surprised to find out how many you have actually made. If its over 1500, thats your problem, as db changes in files over 1500 don't apply within the game apparently

4 minutes ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Pull the cursor over the db file upon setting the game up, it should tell you how many changes you have made. You might be surprised to find out how many you have actually made. If its over 1500, thats your problem, as db changes in files over 1500 don't apply within the game apparently

Would that not imply that the various transfer update files would also not work? Or are you only referring to files that add some sort of rules?

Also, the file only has 103 database changes aparently.

7 hours ago, Kanwulf said:

Would that not imply that the various transfer update files would also not work? Or are you only referring to files that add some sort of rules?

Also, the file only has 103 database changes aparently.

I don't know. It's just there is a known error with files over 1500 dB changes. Don't know what type of dB changes are included with that.

3 hours ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

I don't know. It's just there is a known error with files over 1500 dB changes. Don't know what type of dB changes are included with that.

Well, thanks for the replies anyway mate. Hopefully we will get a definitive answer sometime soon :)

Archived