The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Five: A trip to South America with La Celeste)

mark wilson27

Here you go salkster

July 9th 2023:
Funnily enough it was a hard decision to make to join Uruguay. I did think I could have done more with Finland however the chance to join up with a top ten nation was too much to resist. I am taking a pay reduction to £1,100 per week and moving further abroad but hopefully if I do well I could potentially have some of the big guns coming after my services. The FA expect me to qualify with ease for the World Cup. Uruguay are ranked 5th in the World. My first match though will be a friendly against Morocco in around 60 days

Career So Far:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League (4): 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 (TNS)
JD Welsh Cup (1): 2018/19 (TNS)
Nathaniel MG Cup (4): 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 (TNS)
Manager of The Year (2): 2017/18. 2019/20 (TNS)
Serie C/C (1): 2020/21 (Reggina)

July 12th:
The World rankings have been released and we have dropped to 7th with Brazil now occupying the top spot. The most improved nation is Ecuador who have leaped from 105th to an impressive 28th.

August 16th:
The World rankings sees us move up to 6th place despite not playing. Brazil are still top with Trinidad & Tobago moving up from 107th to 87th 

August 30th:
It's now time to pick my first Uruguayan squad for the forthcoming friendlies against Morocco (60) and Italy (8). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeeper:
Sergio Rochet (Ross County) Age 30 (0/0), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 22 (3/0), Leonardo Silveira (Real Hispalis) Age 21 (0/0)

Defender:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 23 (20/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 21 (11/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 29 (20/0), Guillermo Cotugno (Rubin) Age 28 (24/1), Sebastian Coates (Sunderland) Age 32 (25/1), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona) Age 28 (69/3), Mauricio Lemos (Juventus) Age 27 (39/0), Ricardo Diaz (Santos Laguna) Age 23 (1/0), Mario Morales (GRE) Age 21 (1/0), Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 28 (24/0)

Midfielder:
Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 28 (25/0), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Age 27 (34/4), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt) Age 27 (11/0), Diego Laxalt (Malaga) Age 30 (42/4), Diego Rolan (FC Red Bull Salzburg) Age 30 (55/10), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco) Age 29 (68/6), Gaston Pereiro (FC Nantes) Age 28 (12/2)

Attacker:
Felipe Avenatti (Spezia) Age 30 (7/2), Nicolas Lopez (INT) Age 29 (49/18), Richard Torres (Mainz) Age 21 (7/0)

September 5th:
I have been asked to choose the nations Captain and Vice Captain and I have decided to go with Jose Gimenez as Captain and Mauricio Lemos as the Vice Captain

September 6th:
Morocco (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) Friendly
My first game in charge and the players seemed to struggle with my new 4-2-3-1 formation. I took till the 23rd minute for us to get close to the goal as N.Lopez rattled the crossbar from outside the area after seeing the keeper slightly off his line. Twelve minutes later we had our next chance with a thunderous strike from 30 yards but G.De Arrascaeta's long range effort was tipped over the crossbar by the keeper.
The second half saw us putting on some more pressure and on the 54th minute we had a goal ruled out for offside after L.Torreira timed his run just wrong. Ten minutes later though we finally broke the deadlock with a low shot from R.Torres which beat the keeper to his left. After that we piled forward and on the 78th minute R.Torres had another chance to score with a powerful strike which was brilliantly saved by the keeper.. In truth not a great game for the fans

Uruguay 1-0 Morocco R.Torres 64

S.Rochet (L.Silveira), R.Gonzalez, R.Diaz, M.Morales (F.Fernandez), G.Silva, D.Rolan (J.Gimenez), M.Arambarri (D.Laxalt), L.Torreira (capt), G.De Arrascaeta (G.Pereiro), N.Lopez, F.Avenatti (R.Torres)

September 12th:
Italy (Olimpico, Rome) Friendly
We travelled the Italy for our next friendly and the fans that travelled with us might as well not bothered as we didn't really turn up. Italy were all over us from the start and on the 21st minute we were a goal down as F.Mora blasted in from close range after my defence, keeper and rest of the team went missing. Italy carried on the pressure for the rest of the half and with three minutes remaining in the half we went a further goal down as a powerful cross was headed past S.Rochet by M.Morales for an own goal.
The second half saw a string of changes by both sides but the Italians still dominated and on the 70th minute A.Desiano fired in from ten yards to make it three nil. Four minutes later some woeful (only polite word I can use) defending saw D.Berardi free on goal and he wasted no time in firing under L.Silveira. During the ninety minutes we didn't manage a single effort on goal.

Italy 4-0 Uruguay F.Mora 21, M.Morales 42 og, A.Desiano 70, D.Berardi 74

S.Rochet (L.Silveira), R.Gonzalez, R.Diaz, M.Morales (F.Fernandez), G.Silva (D.Laxalt), D.Rolan, M.Arambarri (D.Poyet), L.Torreira (capt), G.De Arrascaeta (F.Ricca), N.Lopez (J.Gimenez), F.Avenatti

Not the greatest start to my Uruguayan career in truth, hopefully my players will respond in the next couple of games

September 13th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have dropped two places to 8th with Argentina back to the top spot. The Dominican Republic were the most improved side as they moved from 152nd to 111th 

October 7th:
It was now time for me to choose my next squad for the World Cup Qualifiers against Venezuela (38) and Paraguay (63). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeeper:
Sergio Rochet (Ross County) Age 30 (2/0), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 23 (3/0), Leonardo Silveira (Real Hispalis) Age 21 (2/0)

Defenders:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 23 (22/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 21 (13/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 29 (22/0), Guillermo Cotugno (Rubin) Age 28 (24/1), Sebastian Coates (Sunderland) Age 33 (25/1), Emiliano Velazquez (FCP) Age 29 (21/0), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona) Age 28 (71/3), Mauricio Lemos (Juventus) Age 27 (39/0), Ricardo Diaz (Santos Laguna) Age 23 (3/0), Mario Morales (GRE) Age 21 (3/0), Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 28 (25/0)

Midfielders:
Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 28 (26/0), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Age 27 (36/4), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt) Age 28 (13/0), Diego Laxalt (Malaga) Age 30 (44/4), Diego Rolan (FC Red Bull Salzburg) Age 30 (57/10), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco) Age 29 (70/6), Gaston Pereiro (FC Nantes) Age 28 (13/2)

Attackers:
Felipe Avenatti (Spezia) Age 30 (9/2), Richard Torres (Mainz) Age 22 (8/1)

October 13th:
Venezuela (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (1/18)
After the poor start to my career I was hoping for better start to my competitive career. My players actually turned up for this game and we played some excellent football. On the 24th minute we opened the scoring with a fine strike from G.De Arrascaeta which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Ten minutes later the opposition keeper produced what can only be described as a Worldie to deny the shot from R.Torres. We were all over Venezuela but we failed to grab a second goal in the first half.
The second half was much the same and with the half only three minutes old we added goal number two with D.Rolan running in past the defence to slide in under the keeper. On the 67th minute we were awarded a penalty after a poor challenge on F.Avenatti which saw him having to be replaced, however D.Poyet stepped up and fired wide of the post. Despite the continuing attacks we failed to add a deserved third goal to our tally. I was however happy that I finally got a decent performance from the players

Uruguay 2-0 Venezuela G.De Arrascaeta 24, D.Rolan 48

S.Rochet, R.Gonzalez, J.Gimenez (capt), E.Velazquez, G.Silva, D.Rolan, M.Arambarri (F.Fernandez), L.Torreira, G.De Arrascaeta (D.Poyet), R.Torres, F.Avenatti (D.Laxalt)

Booked: F.Fernandez

October 17th:
Paraguay (Defensores del Chaco, Asuncion) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (2/18)
A cracking start saw us taking the lead within a minute as L.Torreira beat the defence to a loose ball and fired in past the keeper. The early goal though seemed to have a negative affect on us as we began to play poorly and on the 19th minute Paraguay equalised with A.Sanabria heading in past S.Rochet who was pretty slow to react. Ten minutes later the home side had taken the lead with A.Sanabria grabbing his second of the game with a low shot to S.Rochet's near post. We were being outplayed and with two minutes remaining in the half S.Diaz made it three one after yet more poor defending.
The second half saw my players coming out with their ears burning and on the 67th minute we managed to pull a goal back with R.Torres running in from the byline to unleash a curling effort into the far top corner. It didn't take long till we had another chance as F.Avenatti rattled the underside of the crossbar with a powerful shot. It was getting too easy and with five minutes remaining in the game we finally got the goal we deserved with R.Torres heading in his second from a D.Poyet cross to give us a share of the points

Paraguay 3-3 Uruguay A.Sanabria 19, 29, S.Diaz 43 / L.Torreira 1, R.Torres 67, 85

S.Rochet, R.Gonzalez, J.Gimenez (capt), E.Velazquez, G.Silva, D.Rolan (F.Fernandez), M.Arambarri, L.Torreira (D.Poyet), G.De Arrascaeta (D.Laxalt), R.Torres, F.Avenatti

October 18th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have moved back up to 7th place with Argentina top. The most improved nation is Ethiopia who went from 175th to 124th

November 8th:
Its now time for the squad to be picked for the World Cup games against Argentina (1) and Ecuador (46). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Sergio Rochet (Ross County) Age 30 (4/0), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 23 (3/0), Leonardo Silveira (Real Hispalis) Age 21 (2/0)

Defenders:
R.Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 23 (24/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 22 (15/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 29 (24/0), Guillermo Cotugno (Rubin) Age 28 (24/1), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona) Age 28 (73/3), Mauricio Lemos (Juventus) Age 27 (39/0), Ricardo Diaz (Santos Laguna) Age 23 (3/0), Mario Morales (GRE) Age 21 (3/0), Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 28 (25/0)

Midfielders:
Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 28 (28/0), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Age 27 (38/5), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt) Age 28 (15/0), Diego Laxalt (Malaga) Age 30 (46/4), Diego Rolan (FC Red Bull Salzburg) Age 30 (59/11), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco) Age 29 (72/7), Gaston Pereira (FC Nantes) Age 28 (13/2)

Attackers:
Felipe Avenatti (Spezia) Age 30 (11/2), Nicolas Lopez (INT) Age 30 (51/18), Nicolas Schiappacasse (MK Dons) Age 24 (7/1), Richard Torres (Mainz) Age 22 (10/3)

November 15th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have stayed in 7th place with Brazil moving back up to 1st. The most improved nation is the Dominican Republic who moved from 108th to 84th

November 17th:
Argentina (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (3/18)
We faced a tough match at home to Argentina and we didn't get off to a great start as on the 21st minute they took the lead with a fine strike from P.Dybala which gave D.Ferreira not much chance of saving. Six minutes later they had another chance but this time my keeper got a hand to it and saved well. After the save my team started to play and on the 43rd minute N.Lopez produced a powerful shot which had the keeper at full stretch to save.
The second half saw us playing the better and on the 64th minute N.Lopez again tested the keeper with a powerful strike which was tipped onto the crossbar. We kept on the pressure but we just couldn't get through the defence and the only time we managed to we were denied by the assistant referees flag after N.Schiappacasse timed his run wrong. Not the result I wanted but a good performance overall

Uruguay 0-1 Argentina P.Dybala 21

D.Ferreira, R.Gonzalez, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Lemos, F.Ricca, F.Fernandez, L.Torreira, D.Poyet, D.Laxalt, N.Schiappacasse, N.Lopez

Booked: J.Gimenez, D.Poyet

November 21st:
Ecuador (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (4/18)
A cracking start saw my side a goal up on the 7th minute as D.Poyet ran onto a D.Laxalt through-ball and fired under the onrushing keeper. Eleven minutes later it was two nil with N.Lopez beating the offside trap and rounding the keeper to fire home into the empty net. It was far too easy for us and on the 33rd minute we had another chance with N.Schiappacasse failing to convert a F.Fernandez cross from close range.
The second half was all us again and on the 57th minute G.Silva tested the keeper with a audacious lob from 45 yards but the keeper managed to get back and tipped the ball onto the post. Seven minutes later we grabbed a third goal as N.Lopez curled in a powerful free-kick from thirty yards after N.Schiappacasse was brought down on the way to goal. We continued the pressure and with six minutes remaining in the game N.Lopez came close to his hat-trick with a low shot which was diverted wide of the post by the keepers foot.

Uruguay 3-0 Ecuador D.Poyet 7, N.Lopez 18, 64

D.Ferreira, R.Gonzalez, J.Gimenez (capt) (R.Diaz), M.Lemos, F.Ricca (G.Silva), F.Fernandez (M.Arambarri), L.Torreira, D.Poyet, D.Laxalt, N.Schiappacasse, N.Lopez

Booked: R.Gonzalez

The latest results sees us in 4th place in 7pts which is 5pts behind Brazil who so far haven't dropped a point.

December 13th:
The latest World Rankings sees us dropping a place to 8th with Argentina back on top. The most improved nation is Angola who moved from 127th to 79th

January 17th 2024:
The World Rankings have seen us remain in 8th place with Argentina still in 1st. The most improved nation was Singapore who rose from 132nd to 118th 

February 14th:
It's as you were in the World Rankings with my side still in 8th and Argentina still top. The most improved nation is Nicaragua who moved from 179th to 167th 

March 13th:
Again the World Rankings are about the same with my side in 8th and Argentina top. The most improved nation is Scotland who rose from 37th to 27th

March 23rd:
Its now time for me to choose the squad for the World Cup Qualifiers against Chile (14) and Bolivia (127). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Cesar Silva (Veracruz) Age 24 (0/0), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 23 (5/0), Leonardo Silveira (Real Hispalis B) Age 21 (2/0)

Defenders:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 24 (26/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 22 (17/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 29 (25/0), Emiliano Velazquez (FCP) Age 29 (23/0), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona) Age 29 (75/3), Mauricio Lemos (Juventus) Age 28 (41/0), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou) Age 24 (4/0), Mario Morales (SLB) Age 22 (3/0), Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 29 (27/0)

Midfielders:
Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 28 (30/1), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Age 28 (40/5), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt) Age 28 (16/0), Diego Laxalt (Malaga) Age 31 (48/4), Sebastian Vina (Velez) Age 21 (0/0), Diego Rolan (FC Red Bull Salzburg) Age 30 (59/11), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco) Age 29 (72/7)

Attackers:
Nicolas Lopez (INT) Age 30 (53/20), Jonathan Rodriguez (Santos Laguna) Age 30 (17/4), Nicolas Schiappacasse (MK Dons) Age 25 (9/1), Richard Torres (Mainz) Age 22 (10/3)

March 29th:
Chile (Estadio Nacional Julio Martinez Pradanos, Santiago) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (5/18) 
The game was a slow starter as neither side managed any sort of forward pressure. The first real chance of the game arrived on the 27th minute as J.Vargas headed a cross past D.Ferreira from close range and he flapped it into the back of the net to give Chile the lead. Three minutes before the break we had our first effort with N.Schiappacasse rattling the upright from just inside the area.
The second half was thirteen minutes old when we found the back of the net as L.Torreira hit a thunderous effort into the back of the net from twenty yards after running onto a loose ball. We started to pile on the pressure and on the 73rd minute we had another chance with N.Lopez curling the ball  towards the top corner but the Chilean keeper saved well. With six minutes remaining in the game the winner was scored with I.Lichnovsky heading in past his own keeper to give us all three points. We did however have to play the last three minutes with ten men after G.De Arrascaeta picked up an injury and had to leave the pitch

Chile 1-2 Uruguay J.Vargas 27 / L.Torreira 58, I.Lichnovsky 84 og  

D.Ferreira, F.Fernandez, R.Diaz, J.Gimenez (capt), G.Silva, S.Vina (R.Gonzalez), M.Arambarri, L.Torreira (D.Poyet), G.De Arrascaeta (inj 87-No Replacement), N.Lopez, N.Schiappacasse (D.Laxalt)

The physio has informed me that G.De Arrascaeta will be out for the next five days after suffering from concussion. I have decided not to call up a replacement

April 2nd:
Bolivia (Hernando Siles, La Paz) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (6/18) 
A dire game for the fans that watched as we struggled with the basics of the game and it took till the 43rd minute for my side to have the first chance of the game as N.Schiappacasse headed wide of  the post from a L.Torreira cross.
The second half wasn't much better with both my side and the Bolivian side failing to get out of the middle third of the pitch. With eight minutes remaining in the game though the winner was scored as D.Laxalt hit a speculative effort from distance which bounced in front of the keeper and over his shoulder for the win. A poor game for the fans

Bolivia 0-1 Uruguay D.Laxalt 82

D.Ferreira, F.Fernandez (R.Gonzalez), R.Diaz, J.Gimenez (capt), G.Silva, S.Vina (D.Poyet), M.Arambarri, L.Torreira, D.Laxalt, N.Lopez, N.Schiappacasse (R.Torres)

Booked: M.Arambarri, R.Diaz

The two wins have moved us up to 3rd in the table three points behind leaders Brazil. We are four points clear of the play-off spot and seven points clear of not qualifying, however there is a long way to go before the end of qualifying

April 10th:
The World Rankings sees us moving up to 6th whilst Argentina remain in 1st. The most improved nation is Palestine who moved from 129th to 109th

May 15th:
We remain in 6th place in the World Rankings with Argentina still top. The most improved nation is Curacao who went from 90th to 85th

June 11th:
Its that time again where I have to decide my squad of 23 for the friendly game against U.S.A (18). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Cesar Silva (Veracruz) Age 24 (0/0), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 23 (7/0), Leonardo Silveira (Real Hispalis B) Age 21 (2/0)

Defender:
Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 22 (19/0), Miguel Taramasco (A.Madrid B) Age 19 (0/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 30 (27/0), Emiliano Velazquez (FCP) Age 30 (23/0), Mauricio Lemos (Juventus) Age 28 (41/0), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou) Age 24 (6/0), Mario Morales (SLB) Age 22 (3/0), Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 29 (27/0)

Midfielders:
Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 29 (32/1), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Age 28 (42/6), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt) Age 28 (18/0), Federico Valverde (Toulouse FC) Age 25 (51/5), Sebastian Vina (Velez) Age 21 (2/0), Diego Rolan (FC Red Bull Salzburg) Age 31 (59/11), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco) Age 30 (73/7), Gaston Pereiro (FC Nantes) Age 29 (13/2)

Attackers:
Franco Acosta (Verola) Age 28 (1/0), Nicolas Schiappacasse (MK Dons) Age 25 (11/1), Richard Torres (Mainz) Age 22 (11/3)

June 18th:
U.S.A (Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia (PA) Friendly
We got off to a terrible start as on the 3rd minute C.Pulisic ran into the area with ease and fired under D.Ferreira. Soon after they had another chance with another good team move which beat my defence with little trouble but luckily my keeper was on hand to block the effort. On the 36th minute we finally had our first chance as R.Torres rattled the crossbar from close range when he had an open net in front of him.
The second half was twelve minutes old when we had our next chance as L.Torreira crossed into the area but F.Acosta failed to connect with the ball. After the chance though we failed to put any sort of pressure on the Americans and on the 78th minute they came close to grabbing another goal after my defence fell asleep however the final effort wasn't up to much and D.Ferreira saved with real ease

U.S.A 1-0 Uruguay C.Pulisic 3

D.Ferreira, M.Morales, M.Lemos (capt), R.Diaz, M.Taramasco (F.Fernandez), F.Ricca (M.Arambarri), L.Torreira, F.Valverde (G.Silva), D.Poyet (G.Pereiro), G.De Arrascaeta (N.Schiappacasse), R.Torres (F.Acosta)

Season Nine 2024/25:
July 17th 2024:
The World Ranking have been released and we have dropped six places to 12th with Argentina top. The most improved nation is St Kitts & Nevis who moved from 171st to 152nd

August 14th:
We have stayed in 12th place in the World Rankings with Argentina still top. The most improved nation is North Korea who moved from 132nd to 122nd

August 28th:
I know have to decide the squad for the forthcoming World Cup qualifying double header against Brazil (2) and Peru (66). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Sergio Rochet (Ross County) Age 31 (4/0), Cesar Silva (Veracruz) Age 24 (0/0), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 23 (8/0)

Defenders:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 24 (28/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 22 (20/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 30 (28/0), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona) Age 29 (77/3), Mauricio Lemos (OM) Age 28 (42/0), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou) Age 24 (7/0), Mario Morales (SLB) Age 22 (4/0), Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 29 (28/0)

Midfielders:
Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 29 (33/1), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Age 28 (43/6), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt) Age 28 (19/0), Alberto Olivera (FK Austria Wien) Age 22 (8/0), Sebastian Vina (Velez) Age 21 (2/0), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco) Age 30 (74/7), Gaston Pereiro (FC Nantes) Age 29 (14/2)

Attackers:
Nicolas Lopez (INT) Age 30 (55/20), Jonathan Rodriguez (Santos Laguna) Age 31 (17/4), Franco Acosta (Verola) Age 28 (2/0), Nicolas Schiappacasse (MK Dons) Age 25 (12/1), Richard Torres (Vigo) Age 22 (12/3)

September 9th:
Brazil (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (7/18) 
Brazil were the first to have a shot with long range effort on the 21st minute which was brilliantly saved by D.Ferreira. Ten minutes later we had our first chance with R.Torres jinked into the area but the Brazilian keeper managed to block the effort. With six minutes remaining in the half D.Poyet came close as he beat the Brazilian defence to a loose ball but his final effort went just wide of post.
The second half was twelve minutes old when Brazil had the chance to take the lead with a well worked team move which ripped my defence apart but D.Ferreira again saved well to deny them. On the 71st minute I was forced into a change as N.Lopez picked up an injury, however I had already used all substitutes and I was forced to play the last nineteen minutes with only ten men. Brazil had the final chance of the game as a poor clearance by M.Morales was intercepted but the final effort was pretty dire and the game ended 0-0.

Uruguay 0-0 Brazil  

D.Ferreira, J.Gimenez (capt) (F.Fernandez), M.Morales, M.Lemos, R.Gonzalez (G.De Arrascaeta), F.Ricca, L.Torreira, M.Arambarri (R.Diaz), D.Poyet, R.Torres, N.Lopez (inj 71-No Replacement)

N.Lopez's injury isnt as bad as we feared however he will be withdrawn from the squad with concussion, theirs no point in bringing in a replacement for him

September 10th:
Peru (Estadio Nacional, Lima) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (8/18)  
A poor start to the game saw us a goal down on the 8th minute with R.Gallese headed a cross past D.Ferreira who was pretty slow to react. My players responded well though and on the 22nd minute R.Torres grabbed the equaliser with a low shot from ten yards which gave the keeper little chance of saving. Twelve minutes later we came close to taking the lead as R.Torres ran onto a M.Arambarri through-ball but his final effort went wide of the post. Just before the break we had another chance as N.Schiappacasse ran into the area unmarked but his final effort went well wide of the post.
The second half saw my side dominating and on the hour mark we came close with a great team move which split the Peruvian side apart but the final effort by D.Poyet was easily saved. We carried on the pressure and on the 89th minute it finally paid off as N.Schiappacasse ran onto a D.Poyet through-ball and fired under the Peruvian keeper to give us all three points.

Peru 1-2 Uruguay R.Gallese 8 / R.Torres 22, N.Schiappacasse 89

D.Ferreira, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Morales, M.Lemos (R,Diaz), R.Gonzalez (G.De Arrascaeta), F.Ricca, L.Torreira, M.Arambarri, D.Poyet, R.Torres (G.Silva), N.Schiappacasse

Booked: F.Ricca

After the latest two games we are still in 3rd spot only three points behind leaders Brazil. We are four points clear of the 5th place play-off spot and now nine points clear of not qualifying with ten games left too go. So far I am very happy with the qualifying games so far. If we can keep winning the so called lesser teams we have a very good chance of reaching the World Cup and if we can getting something from the top two sides I will even happier

Cheers efcfan, It's been pretty easy so far to be fair. Hopefully my side can carry on  

October 5th:
I now have to chose the squad for the next two games in qualifying as we face Colombia (21) and Venezuela (59). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Sergio Rochet (Ross County) Age 31 (4/0), Cesar Silva (Veracruz) Age 24 (0/0), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 24 (10/0)

Defenders:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 24 (30/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 22 (21/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 30 (29/0), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona) Age 29 (79/3), Mauricio Lemos (OM) Age 28 (44/0), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou) Age 24 (9/0), Mario Morales (SLB) Age 22 (6/0), Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 29 (30/0)

Midfielders:
Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 29 (35/1), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Age 28 (45/6), Meuro Aramberri (Frankfurt) Age 29 (21/0), Alberto Olivera (FK Austria Wien) Age 22 (8/0), Sebastian Vina (Velez) Age 21 (2/0), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco) Age 30 (76/7), Gaston Pereiro (FC Nantes) Age 29 (14/2)

Attackers:
Nicolas Lopez (INT) Age 31 (56/20), Jonathan Rodriguez (Santos Leguna) Age 31 (17/4), Franco Acosta (Verola) Age 28 (2/0), Nicolas Schiappacasse (MK Dons) Age 25 (13/2), Richard Torres (Vigo) Age 23 (14/4)

October 11th:
Colombia (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (9/18) 
We got off to a poor start with M.Moreno barged into the area and fired under D.Ferreira after three minutes. On the 14th minute they came close to grabbing a second goal with a long range effort which saw my keeper at full stretch to save. Eleven minutes later we got the equaliser as N.Schiappacasse beat the keeper from just outside the area after running onto a D.Poyet through-ball. However just before the break Colombia had another chance as they broke into my defence with real ease but failed to hit the target. I was far from happy with the players first forty five minutes.
The second half was a lot better for my side as they responded to the half time hair dryer. We had the first chance of  the half on the 62nd minute as R.Torres ran into the area unmarked to head home a L.Torreira cross. Ten minutes later A.Olivera tested the keeper from close range after beating the defence to a low cross. With two minutes remaining in the game we grabbed our third goal as G.De Arrascaeta slotted in from six yards after my side produced a great team move.

Uruguay 3-1 Colombia N.Schiappacasse 25, R.Torres 62, G.De Arrascaeta 88 / M.Moreno 3

D.Ferreira, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Morales, M.Lemos, R.Gonzalez, F.Ricca, L.Torreira, M.Arambarri (G.De Arrascaeta), D.Poyet (A.Olivera), R.Torres, N.Schiappacasse (F.Acosta)

October 15th:
Venezuela (CTE Cachamay, Cludad Guayana) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (10/18)
Five minutes into the game we were a goal down with J.Tarano making a mockery of my defence and the player wasted no time in firing under D.Ferreira. On the 23rd minute we had our first chance with R.Torres trying his luck  from outside the area but the keeper managed to tip the ball over the crossbar. Soon after we had our next chance with D.Poyet lifting the ball over the keeper however the ball didn't dip enough and landed on the top of the net. On the stroke of half time our persistence finally paid off as N.Schiappacasse jinked into the area with the ball and slotted it under the onrushing keeper.
The second half was all my side and on the hour mark we came close to grabbing the lead with N.Lopez heading wide of the post from a M.Arambarri cross. On the 75th minute we finally took the lead as R.Torres rose above the defence and headed in a L.Torreira cross. Three minutes later we grabbed another goal with G.De Arrascaeta hitting a wonderous effort from outside the area into the top corner which gave the keeper no chance of saving. It was becoming too easy and on the 87th minute we grabbed another goal with N.Lopez tapping in from close range. On the stroke of full time the final goal of the game was scored with M.Arambarri capping off a great personal performance to score from twelve yards.

Venezuela 1-5 Uruguay J.Tarano 5 / N.Schiappacasse 45, R.Torres 75, G.De Arrascaeta 78, N.Lopez 87, M.Arambarri 90

D.Ferreira, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Morales, M.Lemos, F.Fernandez, F.Ricca (G.Silva), L.Torreira, M.Arambarri, D.Poyet (G.De Arrascaeta), R.Torres, N.Schiappacasse (N.Lopez)

After this next round of games we are sat in 2nd place 3pts behind Brazil. We are 7pts clear of the automatic qualification places and 9pts clear of the play-off spot

October 16th:
The World Rankings have seen us move up two places to 6th with Brazil now top. The most improved nation is Saudi Arabia who moved from 51st to 26th

November 6th:
Its now time for me to choose the squad for the double header against Paraguay (53) and Chile (16) in the World Cup Qualifying round . The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Sergio Rochet (Ross County) Age 31 (4/0), Cesar Silva (Veracruz) Age 24 (0/0), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 24 (12/0)

Defenders:
Richard Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 24 (31/0), Alfredo Ximeno (Palermo) Age 24 (0/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 23 (22/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 30 (30/0), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona) Age 29 (81/3), Mario Morales (SLB) Age 22 (8/0), Federico Ricca ( FC Kobenhavn) Age 29 (32/0)

Midfielders:
Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 29 (37/1), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Age 28 (47/6), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt) Age 29 (23/1), Federico Valverde (Toulouse FC) Age 26 (52/5), Alberto Olivera (FC Austria Wien) Age 23 (9/0), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco) Age 30 (78/9), Gaston Pereiro (FC Nantes) Age 29 (14/2)

Attackers:
Felipe Avenatti (Spezia) Age 31 (11/2), Jonathan Rodriguez (Santos Laguna) Age 31 (17/4), Nicolas Schiappacasse (MK Dons) Age 25 (15/4), Richard Torres (Vigo) Age 23 (16/6), Marcelo Grille (Pachuca) AGE 24 (0/0)

November 13th:
The World Rankings have been released and we remain in 6th place with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is Uganda who rose from 108th to 86th

November 14th:
Paraguay (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (11/18)
Eight minutes into the game we came close with a long range effort from F.Valverde which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. On the 24th minute the first goal was scored as N.Schiappacasse ran through the defence with ease and fired under the onrushing keeper. Our lead didn't last too long though as on the 36th minute Paraguay were awarded a penalty after M.Morales handled in the area, D.Gonzalez stepped up and fired in the equaliser.
The second half was ten minutes old when my side retook the lead as R.Torres jinked past the defence and rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net. My side piled on the pressure and on the 76th minute we made it 3-1 as F.Valverde hit home from outside the area which gave the keeper little chance of saving.

Uruguay 3-1 Paraguay N.Schiappacasse 24, R.Torres 55, F.Valverde 76 / D.Gonzalez 36 pen

D.Ferreira, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Morales, M.Lemos, R.Gonzalez, F.Ricca (G.Silva), M.Arambarri, L.Torreira (G.De Arrascaeta), F.Valverde, N.Schiappacasse (J.Rodriguez), R.Torres

Booked: R.Gonzalez, J.Gimenez

After the game I was informed that R.Gonzalez and J.Gimenez will miss the next match after reaching the yellow card limit

To be fair salkster they were the best players on form at the time

November 19th:
Chile (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (12/18)
The first half was a dull affair as we struggled to string more than a few passes together. The only chance of the half came to N.Schiappacasse who lashed a close range effort wide of the post when it was easier to score.
The second half started with a flurry as four minutes in M.Arambarri beat the offside trap and fired with power past the Chilean keeper. On the hour mark we had another chance with a thunderous effort from outside the area which had the keeper at full stretch to save. Soon after though Chile had the chance to score as they countered my side but D.Ferreira reacted well to block the effort. On the 72nd minute we doubled our lead as F.Valverde saw the Chilean keeper off his line and he lobbed him from twenty odd yards. Just before the full time whistle we had one last chance as G.De Arrascaeta tried his luck from outside the area but the keeper saved well to deny us a third

Uruguay 2-0 Chile M.Arambarri 49, F.Valverde 72

D.Ferreira, G.Silva, M.Morales, M.Lemos (capt), A.Ximeno, F.Ricca, M.Arambarri (F.Fernandez), L.Torreira, F.Valverde (D.Poyet), N.Schiappacasse, R.Torres (G.De Arrascaeta)

With the two wins we are in 2nd place in the table three points behind Brazil. We are also 16pts clear of the 6th place meaning a win in either of the next two games could see us qualifying for the World Cup

December 16th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have moved up to 3rd in the World Rankings with Brazil still top. Peru are the most improved nation after moving from 82nd to 49th

January 15th 2025
We have remained in 3rd place in the New Year rankings with Brazil top. The most improved nation is Algeria who moved from 52nd to 43rd

February 16th:
The World Rankings see us staying in 3rd place with Brazil top. Ivory Coast are the most improved nation after moving up from 50th to 33rd

March 12th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have stayed in 3rd with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is Tajikistan who moved from 157th to 144th

March 21st:
It's now time to choose the squad for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Argentina (2) and Ecuador (24). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 24 (14/0), Victor Bello (Nacional) Age 21 (0/0), Nicolas Paz (Arsenal de Sarandi) Age 21 (0/0)

Defenders:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 25 (32/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 23 (23/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 30 (32/0), Guillermo Cotugno (Rubin) Age 30 (24/1), Federico Saralegul (Banfield) Age 22 (0/0), Emiliano Velazquez (FCP) Age 30 (23/0), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou) Age 25 (9/0), Mario Morales (SLB) Age 23 (10/0), Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 30 (34/0)

Midfielders:
Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 29 (38/1), Diego Araujo (SLB) Age 20 (1/0), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt) Age 29 (25/2), Alberto Olivera (FK Austria Wien) Age 23 (9/0), Sebastian Vina (Velez) Age 22 (2/0), Jesus Ramos ( Estudiantes (LP)) Age 21 (0/0), Gaston Pereiro (FC Nantes) Age 29 (14/2)

Attackers:
Nicolas Lopez (INT) Age 31 (57/21), Jonathan Rodriguez (Santos Laguna) Age 31 (18/4), Franco Acosta (Panathinaikos) Age 29 (3/0), Richard Torres (Vigo) Age 23 (18/7)

March 27th:
Argentina (Antonino Vespucio Liberti, “Monumental”, Buenos Aires (BA) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (13/18)
It was my side who began the better but it took till the 23rd minute for my players to test the keeper with a long range effort from N.Lopez which stung the keepers fingers. Six minutes later we had our next chance with D.Araujo jinking through the defence but his final shot went wide of the post after beating the keeper. On the 32nd minute we finally grabbed the lead as R.Torres hit a powerful effort towards goal from outside the area which gave the keeper little chance of saving. Just before the break though Argentina gave us a quick warning as they broke through my defence and fired towards goal but D.Ferreira was alert enough to block the shot.
The second half saw Argentina piling forward and on the 54th minute they had their next chance to score with a curling effort which saw D.Ferreira at full stretch to save. Six minutes later they grabbed the equaliser as C.Pavon barged into my defence with real ease and fired under D.Ferreira who was slow to react. Argentina carried on the pressure and with ten minutes remaining in the game they had another chance with a low shot which saw D.Ferreira just managing to tip the ball round the post.

Argentina 1-1 Uruguay C.Pavon 60 / R.Torres 32

D.Ferreira, M.Morales, E.Velazquez, R.Diaz, R.Gonzalez (G.Cotugno), F.Ricca (capt), M.Arambarri (G.Pereiro), D.Araujo (A.Olivera), D.Poyet, R.Torres, N.Lopez

April 1st:
Ecuador (Olimpico Atahualpa, Quito) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (14/18)
The first half was pretty dire with my side struggling to put more than a few passes together but it was my side who had the only chance of the half as on the 37th minute M.Arambarri crossed into the area but N.Lopez headed straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score.
The second half was a lot better for my side with my side piling on the pressure and on the 58th minute we had another the first chance of the half but A.Olivera curled the ball just wide of the post. Eight minutes later R.Torres came close to opening the scoring as he beat the offside trap but his final effort was shot straight into the keepers arms. On the 70th minute we got the goal we deserved as M.Arambarri jinked into the area and hit home with power past the onrushing keeper. We carried on the pressure and with three minutes remaining in the game N.Lopez made it two nil with a powerful strike which gave the keeper no chance of saving and giving us all three points

Ecuador 0-2 Uruguay M.Arambarri 70, N.Lopez 87

D.Ferreira, M.Morales, E.Velazquez, R.Diaz (G.Cotugno), R.Gonzalez, F.Ricca (capt), M.Arambarri, D.Araujo (A.Olivera), D.Poyet (G.Silva), R.Torres, N.Lopez

Booked: R.Diaz, M.Morales, D.Araujo, R.Torres

With the results we have now qualified for the 2026 World Cup. This will be the 15th World Cup that Uruguay have attended.
The qualification table sees us in 2nd place 5pts behind Brazil and 5pts ahead of 3rd placed Argentina
In other news R.Diaz will miss the next match after picking up his second yellow card

April 16th:
The World Rankings sees us move up to 2nd place with Brazil top. The most improved nation is Cyprus who rose from 125th to 93rd

May 18th:
The World Rankings have been released and we remain 2nd with Brazil still holding onto top spot. The most improved nation is St Vincent 164th to 148th

June 10th:
It was now time for me to chose the squad for the friendly against Australia (18). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeeper:
Denis Ferreira (Vitesse) Age 24 (16/0), Victor Bello (Nacional) Age 21 (0/0), Nicolas Paz (Arsenal de Serandi) Age 22 (0/0)

Defenders:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 25 (34/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 23 (23/0), Gaston Silva (Fiorentina) Age 31 (33/0), Guilherme Cotugno (Rubin) Age 30 (26/1), Fabricio Saralegui (Banfield) Age 22 (0/0), Emiliano Velazquez (FCP) Age 31 (25/0), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou) Age 25 (11/0), Mario Morales (SLB) Age 23 (12/0)

Midfielders:
Fabricio Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 30 (36/0), Diego Poyet (Fulham) Age 30 (40/1), Diego Araujo (SLB) Age 20 (3/0), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt) Age 29 (27/3), Alberto Olivera (FK Austria Wien) Age 23 (11/0), Sebastian Vina (Velez) Age 22 (2/0), Jesus Ramos (Estudiantes (LP)) Age 21 (0/0), Gaston Pereiro (FC Nantes) Age 29(15/2)

Attackers:
Nicolas Lopez (INT) Age 31 (59/22), Jonathan Rodriguez (Santos Leguna) Age 31 (18/4), Richard Torres (Vigo) Age 23 (20/8), Marcelo Grille (Pachuca) Age 24 (0/0)

June 16th:
Australia (Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne) Friendly
We were the better and on the 13th minute J.Rodriguez piled into the area and fired under the Australian keeper but the upright saved the day for the home side. Ten minutes later we took the lead as M.Grille rose above the defence and headed a D.Araujo cross over the keeper and into the back of the net. On the 34th minute we had another chance to score with M.Grille doing the honours but his effort was brilliantly saved by the Australian keeper. During the interval I was forced to make a change as M.Grille picked up an injury, N.Lopez was his replacement.
The second half was twelve minutes old when we had our next chance as R.Torres barged through the defence with ease but his final effort was pretty dire and the keeper saved with ease. On the 76th minute Australia had their first chance of game with a powerful effort which saw V.Bello at full stretch to save. With eight minutes remaining in the game Australia pulled a goal back as D.Petermann rose up above my defence and headed a looping cross past V.Bello who wasn't quick enough to save.

Australia 1-1 Uruguay D.Petermann 82 / M.Grille 23 

V.Bello, E.Velazquez (F.Fernandez), R.Diaz, M.Morales, R.Gonzalez (capt) (G.Cotugno), F.Saralegui, S.Vina (M.Arambarri), D.Araujo, J.Ramos (A.Olivera), M.Grille (inj 45-N.Lopez), J.Rodriguez (R.Torres)

Season Ten: 2025/26
July 15th:
I have been approached by an old friend today as the chairman of TNS has asked if I would consider coming back to take over as manager, I unfortunately had to reject his offer stating I would love too one day but the time isn't right yet.

July 20th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have dropped down to 3rd place with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is El Salvador who rose from 116th to 88th

August 13th: 
The World Rankings have been released and we have remained in third place with Brazil still topping the table. The most improved nation is El Salvador again who rose from 88th to 81st

August 27th:
Its now time to pick the squad for the double header against Bolivia (69) and Brazil (1) in the World Cup qualifiers:
The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Cesar Silva (Veracruz), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse), Nicolas Paz (Arsenal de Serandi)

Defenders:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid), Alfredo Ximeno (Palermo), Gaston Silva (Torino), Luis Peralta (Sporting), Federico Saralegui (Arsenal de Sarandi), Emiliano Velazquez (FCP), Mario Morales (SLB)

Midfielders:
Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn), Diego Poyet (Fulham), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt), Federico Valverde (Toulouse FC), Alberto Olivera (FK Austria Wien), Jesus Ramos (Estudiantes (LP)), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco)

Attackers:
Nicolas Lopez (INT), Franco Acosta (Panathinaikos), Nicolas Schiappacasse (Las Palmas), Richard Torres (Vigo), Marcelo Grille (Pachuca)

September 4th:
Bolivia (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (15/18)
A slow start to the game saw little in the way of action within the first half hour. It was Bolivia who had the first chance of the game as they broke through the defence and slotted under D.Ferreira but the ball went just wide of the post. However on the 40th minute we took the lead with our first effort as N.Lopez hit a powerful effort into the top corner past the Bolivian keeper.
The second half saw my side piling on the pressure but on the 58th minute we were countered and M.Morales fouled in the area, C.Miranda stepped up and fired the resulting penalty past D.Ferreira. Twelve minutes later we came close to grabbing the lead back as N.Lopez played a one two with M.Arambarri but his final effort went high and wide of the post. We piled forward and on the 82nd minute we came close again with a low shot from R.Torres which stung the fingers of the Bolivian keeper.

Uruguay 1-1 Bolivia N.Lopez 40 / C.Miranda 58 pen 

D.Ferreira, M.Morales, E.Velazquez, G.Silva, R.Gonzalez (A.Ximeno), F.Ricca, L.Torreira (capt), F.Valverde, D.Poyet (M.Arambarri), M.Grille (R.Torres), N.Lopez

September 9th:
Brazil (Arena Gremio, Porto Alegre (RS)) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (16/18)
We now faced top of the table Brazil and they showed their class as on the 15th minute G.Barbosa gave them the lead with a powerful effort from outside the area which gave D.Ferreira no chance of saving. However my players reacted well as nine minutes later we equalised with F.Valverde heading in from close range after heading in a D.Poyet cross. On the 39th minute Brazil came close to retaking the lead as they broke into the area with such ease but D.Ferreira smothered the ball at the feet of the keeper.
The second half was much the same with Brazil controlling the half and on the 66th minute they finally retook the lead as G.Barbosa fired in from the penalty spot after A.Ximeno fouled in the area. Twelve minutes later they had another chance to score but M.Morales slid in and cleared with a brilliant challenge. On the stroke of full time Brazil were denied a goal by the flag of the assistant referee after a so called offside. The match shows me that my side has some work to do against the bigger sides

Brazil 2-1 Uruguay G.Barbosa 15, 66 pen / F.Valverde 24

D.Ferreira, M.Morales, E.Velazquez, G.Silva (A.Ximeno), R.Gonzalez, F.Ricca, L.Torreira (capt), F.Valverde (M.Arambarri), D.Poyet, M.Grille (R.Torres), N.Lopez

Despite not winning either game we are still in 2nd place with two games to go. Brazil are top ten points ahead of us with Argentina in 3rd two points behind

September 17th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have dropped down to 4th with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is Slovakia who rose from 95th to 77th

October 3rd: 
Its now time for me to choose the squad for the final set of qualifiers against Colombia (22) and Peru (37). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Cesar Silva (Veracruz), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse), Martin Leaden (Olimpia)

Defenders:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal), Luis Peralta (Sporting), Federico Saralegui (Arsenal de Sarandi), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou), Mario Morales (SLB), Emiliano Rodriguez (Dinamo)

Midfielders:
Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn), Diego Poyet (Fulham), Diego Araujo (SLB), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt), Federico Valverde (Toulouse FC), Alberto Olivera (FK Austria Wien), Sebastian Vina (Velez), Jesus Ramos (Estudiantes (LP)), Josep Fernandez (Bologna)

Attackers:
Nicolas Schiappacasse (Las Palmas), Richard Torres (Vigo)

October 9th:
Colombia (Metropolitano Roberto Melendez, Barranquilla) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (17/18) 
Colombia started the better and it was on the 9th minute they came close to taking the lead as M.Morales slipped with the ball however D.Ferreira was on hand to save his embarrassment. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a long range effort which saw D.Ferreira at full stretch to save. On the half hour we finally had our first chance of the game as R.Torres jinked into the area and slotted in under the keeper but the ball bobbled wide of the post. On the 32nd minute we took the lead as R.Torres rose above the defence and headed a M.Arambarri cross past the keeper.
The second half saw my players upping their game and on the hour mark we came close to adding a further goal with J.Fernandez beat the defence to a loose ball but his final effort was pretty dire and went well over the crossbar. We were all over Colombia and on the 84th minute we were thwarted by the assistant referee's flag as he adjudged M.Arambarri to be offside

Colombia 0-1 Uruguay R.Torres 32

D.Ferreira, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Morales, R.Diaz, R.Gonzalez, F.Ricca (F.Saralegui), L.Torreira, F.Valverde (D.Poyet), M.Arambarri, N.Schiappacasse (J.Fernandez), R.Torres

October 14th:
Peru (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) World Cup Qualifying (SAM) (18/18)
Our final qualifying game and we battered Peru with attack after attack. On the 24th minute we took the lead with L.Torreira curling the ball in from outside the area to send the home crowd wild. Ten minutes later we had another chance with N.Schiappacasse running in from the byline but his final effort was easily saved by the keeper. It was too easy for us as Peru offered little resistance and on the 41st minute we came close to another goal with R.Torres somehow managing to miss from six yards.
The second half was much the same and just before the hour mark we made it two nil with D.Poyet dinking the ball over the keeper from twenty yards. On the 73rd minute it was close to three nil as a thunderous effort from N.Schiappacasse was brilliantly saved by the keeper. With six minutes remaining in the game R.Torres had the final chance of the game with a low shot which went just wide of the post after the keeper managed to get a finger on it

Uruguay 2-0 Peru L.Torreira 24, D.Poyet 58

D.Ferreira, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Morales, R.Diaz, R.Gonzalez (F.Fernandez), F.Ricca (D.Poyet), L.Torreira, F.Valverde (L.Peralta), M.Arambarri, N.Schiappacasse, R.Torres

Final Qualification Table
1st: Brazil (47) (Q)
2nd: Uruguay (40) (Q)
3rd: Argentina (36) (Q)
4th: Chile (28)(Q)
5th: Colombia (26) (Play-offs)
6th: Peru (21)
7th: Ecuador (17)
8th: Bolivia (16)
9th: Paraguay (14)
10th: Venezuela (6)

October 19th:
The World Rankings have seen us rise to 3rd place with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is Luxembourg who moved from 154th to 107th

November 6th:
Now that qualification has been sorted its time for some friendlies and up first is a double header against Turkey (27) and Germany (10). The squad is as follows:-

Goalkeepers:
Cesar Silva (Veracruz), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse), Martin Leaden (Olimpia)

Defender:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal), Luis Peralta (Sporting), Federico Saralegui (Arsenal de Sarandi), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou), Mario Morales (SLB)

Midfielders:
Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn), Diego Poyet (Fulham), Diego Araujo (SLB), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt), Federico Valverde (Toulouse FC), Alberto Olivera (FK Austria Wien), Jesus Ramos (Estudiantes (LP)), Josep Fernandez (Bologna), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco)

Attackers:
Nicolas Schiappacasse (Las Palmas), Richard Torres (Vigo), Marcelo Grille (Pachuca)

November 12th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have dropped down to 4th with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is Indonesia who rose from 114th to 93rd

Turkey (Konya Arena, Konya) Friendly
We just weren't up to the task against Turkey as they controlled the game with ease and on the 9th minute they had the first chance with a great team move which split my defence apart but C.Silva was on hand to block the effort. Three minutes later I was forced into a change as F.Fernandez came on for the injured R.Gonzalez. On the 26th minute Turkey came close again with a long range effort which saw C.Silva at full stretch to save. With seven minutes remaining in the half Turkey finally took the lead as S.Atasayar slotted in from close range after my defence fell asleep again.
The second half wasn't any better as we continued to be dominated and on the 58th minute C.Silva was our hero with a world class save. Ten minutes later we finally had the chance to score with R.Torres showing some skill to beat the defence but his final effort was dire and it went wide of the post. With twelve minutes remaining in the game Turkey added a second goal with U.Kutlu heading from a corner. It was too easy for Turkey and on the 82nd minute E.Kalkan made it three nil with a low shot which C.Silva reacted slowly too.

Turkey 3-0 Uruguay S.Atasayar 38, U.Kutlu 78, E.Kalkan 82

C.Silva, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Morales, R.Diaz, R.Gonzalez (inj 12-F.Fernandez), F.Saralegui (F.Ricca), A.Olivera, J.Ramos (D.Araujo), J.Fernandez (G.De Arrascaeta), N.Schiappacasse (L.Torreira), M.Grille (R.Torres)

After the game I was informed that R.Gonzalez has received a knock and is available for the game against Germany

November 18th:
Germany (Allianz Arena, Munchen) Friendly
Again we were outplayed in truth as Germany controlled the game and on the 12th minute we came close to losing the lead as they piled into the area but M.Leaden saved the day with a fine save. On the 27th minute Germany grabbed the lead they deserved as B.Sturm jinked through my defence with real ease and slotted in under my keeper. Eight minutes we went a further goal down as T.Farnbacher fired in from the penalty spot after a poor challenge by R.Diaz. We were being dominated with ease and just before the break they came close to another goal with a powerful strike which saw the crossbar rattling.
The second half wasn't much better as continued to be battered and on the 65th minute we went a third goal down as P.Marx ran through the defence and slotted in under M.Leaden who was slow to react. Twelve minutes later Germany scored again as Z.Donmez diverted a N.Schiappacasse shot past his own keeper for an own goal. With a minute remaining in the game we came close to losing another goal with a powerful strike which saw M.Leaden at full stretch to save. Another game where we just didn't turn up, pretty worrying for the World Cup

Germany 3-1 Uruguay B.Sturm 27, T.Farnbacher 35 pen, P.Marx 65 / Z.Donmez 77 og

M.Leaden, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Morales, R.Diaz, F.Fernandez (L.Peralta), F.Saralegui (L.Torreira), F.Valverde (M.Arambarri), J.Ramos (D.Araujo), G.De Arrascaeta (F.Ricca), R.Torres, M.Grille (N.Schiappacasse)

Booked: M.Morales

December 5th:
Its now time for the draw for the World Cup. We have been placed in pot one.
The pots are as follows:-
Pot One: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, France, Italy, Uruguay
Pot Two: Australia, Honduras, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Syria, U.S.A.
Pot Three: Chile, Colombia, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Nigeria, Russia, Senegal
Pot Four: Denmark, England, Germany, Holland, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Sweden

The draw is as follows:-
Group A: Australia, Canada, Colombia, Serbia
Group B: Argentina, Nigeria, Sweden, Syria
Group C: Chile, Honduras, Italy, Portugal
Group D: Brazil, Denmark, Mexico, Russia
Group E: Croatia, Holland, Jamaica, Senegal
Group F: Belgium, Germany, Ivory Coast, U.S.A.
Group G: Egypt, England, Japan, Uruguay
Group H: France, Morocco, South Korea, Spain

December 8th:
The FA have decided that our training camp will be based at FC Edmonton Academy. As a thanks I will be arranging a friendly with their club if they accept

December 17th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have dropped down to 10th with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is Latvia who rose from 102nd to 80th

January 18th 2026:
The World Rankings sees us remain 10th with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is Zambia who rose from 103rd to 93rd

February 18th:
We have remained in 10th place with Brazil you've guessed it top. The most improved nation is Congo who rose from 105th to 94th

March 18th:
The World Rankings sees us still 10th with Brazil top. The most improved nation is Tajikistan who rose from 128th to 119th

April 15th: 
We have dropped a place to 11th in the World Rankings with Brazil still top. The most improved nation is Afghanistan who rose from 136th to 123rd

May 15th:
We have remained in 11th place in the World Rankings with Brazil top. The most improved nation is St Vincent who rose from 147th to 143rd.
In other more important news I have been asked to name my preliminary squad for the forthcoming World Cup. I have to pick thirty players which I will eventually have to reduce down to twenty three
The thirty players are as follows:-  

Goalkeepers:
Cesar Silva (Veracruz), Denis Ferreira (Vitesse), Martin Leaden (Olimpia), Victor Bello (Nacional)

Defender:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid), Alfredo Ximeno (Palermo), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal), Luis Peralta (Sporting), Federico Saralegui (SPO), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona), Mauricio Lemos (OM), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou), Mario Morales (Man.Utd), Emiliano Rodriguez (Dinamo)

Midfielders:
Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn), Diego Araujo (SLB), Nelson Rodriguez (FLA), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria), Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt), Federico Valverde (Toulouse FC), Nelson Mendez (Xolos Tijuana), Josep Fernandez (Bologna), Pablo Pandolfo (Colon), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco), Sebastian Vina (Velez)

Attackers:
Franco Acosta (Panathinaikos), Nicolas Schiappacasse (Las Palmas), Jorge Sessa (Penerol), Richard Torres (Vigo), Marcelo Grille (Pachuca)

May 25th:
I now have to tell seven unfortunate players that they aren't going to the World Cup. The players are:-
Denis Ferreira (Vitesse), Alfredo Ximeno (Palermo), Emiliano Rodriguez (Dinamo), Nelson Rodriguez (FLA),  Mauro Arambarri (Frankfurt), Nelson Mendez (Xolos Tijuana), Jorge Sessa (Penerol) 

So my World Cup squad is as follows:-
Goalkeepers:
Cesar Silva (Veracruz) Age 26 (1/0), Martin Leaden (Olimpia) Age 26 (1/0), Victor Bello (Nacional) Age 22 (1/0)

Defender:
Ricardo Gonzalez (A.Madrid) Age 26 (40/0), Fabricio Fernandez (Arsenal) Age 24 (27/0), Luis Peralta (Sporting) Age 25 (4/0), Federico Saralegui (SPO) Age 23 (4/0), Jose Gimenez (Barcelona) Age 31 (86/3), Mauricio Lemos (OM) Age 30 (48/0), Ricardo Diaz (Guangzhou) Age 26 (16/0), Mario Morales (Man.Utd) Age 24 (19/0)

Midfielders:
Federico Ricca (FC Kobenhavn) Age 31 (42/0), Diego Araujo (SLB) Age 21 (6/0), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Age 30 (55/7), Federico Valverde (Toulouse FC) Age 27 (59/8), Josep Fernandez (Bologna) Age 19 (2/0), Pablo Pandolfo (Colon) Age 21 (0/0), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (AS Monaco) Age 31 (83/9), Sebastian Vina (Velez) Age 23 (3/0)

Attackers:
Franco Acosta (Panathinaikos) Age 30 (3/0), Nicolas Schiappacasse (Las Palmas) Age 27 (21/5), Richard Torres (Vigo) Age 24 (27/9), Marcelo Grille (Pachuca) Age 25 (5/1)

June 1st:
The odds for the forthcoming World Cup have been released and we have been quoted at 18-1 to win with Italy and France joint 5-2 favourites

June 4th:
DR Congo (Estadio Centenario, Montevideo) Friendly
We started well against DR Congo as within three minutes we came close with a long range effort from L.Torreira saw the keeper backing up and saving brilliantly to deny him. On the 27th minute we had another chance to score as R.Torres showed great skill to beat the defence but his final effort was pretty dire and it went well wide of the post. Just before the break D.Araujo was next to test the keeper but yet again the effort was dire and the keeper made light work of it.
The second half saw us controlling the play but failing to get close to scoring. On the 67th minute we had the final chance of the game as M.Grille tried his luck from outside the area but the keeper was again on hand to deny them. The rest of the game saw us struggling to get forward and it showed me that we need to buck our ideas up before the start of the World Cup

Uruguay 0-0 DR Congo

M.Leaden (C.Silva), M.Morales, J.Gimenez (capt), R.Diaz (M.Lemos), R.Gonzalez (G.De Arrascaeta), F.Saralegui, L.Torreira, D.Araujo (P.Pandolfo), F.Valverde, N.Schiappacasse (F.Acosta), R.Torres (M.Grille)

Booked: M.Morales

June 7th:
FCE Academy (FC Edmonton Academy Complex, Edmonton (AB)) Friendly
Our final game before the start of the World Cup as we faced the local side who we have commandeered there training facilities off. We started well as on the second minute we grabbed the lead as R.Torres barged into the area and fired under the keeper. On the 7th minute we grabbed another goal with a thunderous effort from R.Torres which gave the keeper little chance to save. It got even better eight minutes later as N.Schiappacasse rose above the defence and headed D.Araujo's cross past the keeper. We were all over the home side but we failed too add the tally in the first half. The second half was again all my side and on the 63rrd minute R.Torres completed his hat-trick with a powerful strike from outside the area which beat the keeper into the top corner. It was far too easy for us as we dominated and on the 89th minute we grabbed our final goal with F.Acosta hitting a low shot into the bottom corner of the net. Our next match will be in nine days as we face Egypt in our opening Group game

FCE Academy 0-5 Uruguay R.Torres 2, 7, 63, N.Schiappacasse 15, F.Acosta 89

V.Bello (M.Leaden), M.Morales, J.Gimenez (capt), R.Diaz, F.Fernandez (M.Lemos), F.Ricca (G.De Arrascaeta), L.Torreira (F.Saralegui), D.Araujo, F.Valverde, N.Schiappacasse (M.Grille), R.Torres (F.Acosta)

June 12th: World Cup 2026:
Group A:
Canada 1-0 Colombia (C.Larin 49)
Australia 2-2 Serbia (B.Bartlett 51, 61 / N.Krstic 10, S.Nikolic 12

June 13th:
Group B:
Argentina 0-2 Nigeria (D.Idowu 52, 73)
Syria 0-3 Sweden (J.Guidetti 75 pen, 89, G.Engvall 84
Group C:
Portugal 1-2 Italy (R.Guerreiro 11 / F.Mora 33, D.Caselli 77

June 14th:
Group C:
Honduras 0-2 Chile (F.Leon 17, J.Gonzalez 62

Group D:
Denmark 1-1 Russia (K.Doberg 37 / S.Mironev 62
Brazil 0-0 Mexico

June 15th:
Group E:
Senegal 0-1 Holland (J.Schouten 42
Croatia 3-1 Jamaica (N.Vlasic 14, 39 pen, M.Pjaca 33 / K.Sterling 28)

Group F:
Germany 3-1 Ivory Coast (M.Laumann 44, B.Sturm 49, K.Scheel 73 / M.Traore 86

June 16th:
Egypt (Edmonton (AB) Community Stadium, Edmonton (AB)) World Cup Grp G (1/3)
Our first World Cup game and as expected we started pretty slowly with both my side and the Egyptian side struggling to get forward. It took till the 34th minute for the first chance of the game as R.Torres ran onto a F.Valverde through-ball past M.Ragab to fire towards goal but M.El Sayed saved well to deny him. However that was it for first half.
The second half was much better as eight minutes into the half we grabbed a goal as M.Morales rose above the defence and headed a D.Araujo corner past M.El Sayed after F.Acosta's initial effort was well saved. On the hour mark we had another chance with F.Valverde trying his luck from outside the area but M.El Sayed saved well to deny him. On the 67th minute we grabbed another goal with R.Torres showing some great skill to beat the defence and he wasted no time in firing past the Egyptian keeper. With nine minutes remaining in the game we had one final chance as G.De Arrascaeta rattled the crossbar from just inside the area after beating the defence to a loose ball. A good three points to start the campaign

Uruguay 2-0 Egypt M.Morales 53, R.Torres 67

Uruguay: M.Leaden, M.Morales, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Lemos, R.Gonzalez, F.Ricca (G.De Arrascaeta), L.Torreira, D.Araujo (F.Saralegui), F.Valverde, N.Schiappacasse (F.Acosta), R.Torres

Egypt: M.El Sayed, M.Ragab, M.El Shenawy, A.Hassan (capt), M.Ragab, H.Salah, A.Abdallah, M.Ali (A.Hassan), R.Sobhi (A.Gamal), Hassan, A.Ragab (S.Elneny)

Booked: H.Salah, A.Abdallah (Egypt)

Group G Result:
England 3-0 Japan (A.Cawsey 10, H.Kane 14, 87)

Group F:
U.S.A. 1-2 Belgium (W.Overgard 24 / C.Theunis 50, F.Tshibumbu 82

June 17th:
Group A;
Colombia 3-0 Australia (R.Borre 42, 70, M.Moreno 85)

Group H:
South Korea 1-1 France (Kim Soo-Hyun 27 / A.Martial 68)
Spain 3-0 Morocco (P.Diezma 23, 26, 48)

June 18th:
Group A:
Serbia 3-2 Canada (N.Krstic 30, 34, M.Grujic 90+3 pen / V.Jovanovic 41 og, J.White 87)

Group B:
Nigeria 3-0 Syria (K.Nwakali 2, 55, I.Success 60)
Sweden 0-1 Argentina (P.Dybala 47 pen)

June 19th:
Group C:
Italy 7-1 Honduras (F.Mora 12, 23, 40, 60, M.Kean 27, 38, A.Piras 73 / R.Flores 64)
Chile 1-1 Portugal (A.Henriquez 61 / U.Silva 12)

Group D:
Russia 0-0 Brazil

June 20th:
Group D:
Mexico 2-0 Denmark (F.Lopez 47, J.Rodriguez 87)

Group E:
Jamaica 1-3 Senegal (L.Bailey 83 / S.Mane 43, K.Babacar 45, B.Mendy 72)
Holland 0-2 Croatia (N.Vlasic 37, M.Pjaca 72)

June 21st:
Group F:
Ivory Coast 1-0 U.S.A. (O.Kone 63)
Belgium 0-0 Germany

Group G:
Japan 0-2 Egypt (Hassan 26, A.Ragab 59)

June 22nd:
England (Calgary (AB) Community Stadium, Calgary (AB)) World Cup Grp G (2/3)
England started the better and on the 13th minute H.Kane tested M.Leaden with a powerful strike which stung the keepers fingers. Twelve minutes later they had another chance with a curling effort from D.Alli which had M.Leaden at full stretch to save. We weren't getting much of the ball and with seven minutes remaining in the half England got the lead they deserved with J.Ward-Prowse firing with power past the keeper and into the top corner.
The second half was alittle better for us as we began to actually play and on the 57th minute R.Torres came close with a low shot which beat the keeper but not the upright. Twelve minutes later though England had another chance as K.Battersby saw his powerful effort saved well by M.Leaden. With nine minutes remaining in the game we got the equaliser as J.Gimenez rose above the defence and headed a G.De Arrascaeta free-kick past C.Farmer. I was quite happy with the point

Uruguay 1-1 England J.Gimenez 81 / J.Ward-Prowse 38

Uruguay: M.Leaden, M.Morales, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Lemos, R.Gonzalez, L.Torreira, D.Araujo, F.Valverde (J.Fernandez), F.Ricca (G.De Arrascaeta), N.Schiappacasse (F.Acosta), R.Torres

England: C.Farmer, B.Wagstaff, E.Dier, G.Naylor (S.Coleman), U.Akliu, K.Battersby, D.Alli, J.Ward-Prowse (L.Cook), J.Melham, A.Cawsey, H.Kane (capt) (M.Rashford)

Booked: F.Ricca, R.Gonzalez (Uruguay) / D.Alli, G.Naylor (England)
Sent Off: D.Alli (2 yellow) (England)

Group H:
France 2-2 Spain (L.Magnin 8, A.Martial 64 / A.Flores 11, B.Mayoral 89)
Morocco 1-0 South Korea (Y.Maleh 59)

June 23rd:
Group A:
Canada 0-0 Australia
Colombia 1-4 Serbia (R.Borre 19 / A.Zivkovic 5, S.Milinkovic Savic 24, 84, S.Nikolic 48)

Group B:
Sweden 1-1 Nigeria (S.Tibbling 31 / K.Nwakali 89)
Syria 0-2 Argentina (P.Dybala 36, F.Colidio 51)

June 24th:
Group C:
Chile 0-0 Italy
Honduras 1-4 Portugal (D.Vuelta 14 / B.Silva 30, D.Jota 53, R.Sanchez 59, P.Saralva 90+1)

Group D:
Denmark 0-4 Brazil (Zeca 5, Evander 19, G.Barbosa 35, J.Francisco 90)
Russia 0-1 Mexico (J.Rodriguez 76)

June 25th:
Group E:
Holland 4-0 Jamaica (F.Petersen 11, B.Pluim 21 pen, 37 pen, 67)
Senegal 0-1 Croatia (D.Diagne 45+1 og)

Group F:
Belgium 3-0 Ivory Coast (Y.Tielemans 10, F.Tshibumbu 34, 45+1)
U.S.A. 3-0 Germany (W.Overgard 23, 45+1, 68)

June 26th:
Japan (Montreal (QC) Community Stadium, Montreal (QC)) World Cup Grp G (3/3)
The final group game saw us starting slowly and on the 22nd minute Japan grabbed the lead with M.Suzuki heading in a Y.Tanaka cross. Ten minutes later they had another chance as M.Suzuki beat the offside trap but M.Leaden reacted well to block the effort at his feet. We weren't playing well at all and on the 39th minute Japan had another chance with A.Shimizu firing just wide of the post when it was easier to score. With a minute remaining in the half and with our first effort of the game we equalised as R.Torres reacted well to a T.Omori fumble and fired in under the keeper.
The second half was four minutes old when the next goal was scored as G.De Arrascaeta ran onto a F.Valverde through-ball and hit the ball past T.Omori. My players were beginning to control the game and on the 63rd minute we grabbed a third goal as R.Torres hit a powerful effort onto the crossbar which bounced into the goal off T.Omori for a comical own goal. Japan looked crest fallen and on the 81st minute we had another chance with R.Torres trying his luck from outside the area but T.Omori saved well to deny him. A good second half performance which helped secure passage to the next round

Uruguay 3-1 Japan R.Torres 44, G.De Arrascaeta 49, T.Omori 63 og / M.Suzuki 22

Uruguay: M.Leaden, M.Morales, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Lemos, R.Gonzalez (F.Fernandez), L.Torreira, D.Araujo (J.Fernandez), F.Valverde, F.Ricca (G.De Arrascaeta), N.Schiappacasse, R.Torres

Japan: T.Omori, M.Yajima (K.Ito), M.Kawasaki, T.Maeda, K.Tanaka, M.Suzuki (Y.Tananka), T.Uchida, K.Watanabe, Y.Tanaka (capt), M.Suzuki, A.Shimizu (K.Suzuki)

Booked: F.Fernandez (Uruguay) / M.Kawasaki (Japan)

Group G:
Egypt 0-7 England (A.Cawsey 3, 28, 86, M.Rashford 45, 52, 58, 66)

Group H:
France 0-0 Morocco
South Korea 1-3 Spain (Park Dee-Hee 5 / M.Calvo 6, 16, B.Mayoral 66)

Again I forget to save the tables

World Cup 2026 2nd Rd Draw:
Argentina v Serbia
Canada v Nigeria
Italy v Brazil
Mexico v Chile
Germany v Croatia
Belgium v Holland
Morocco v England
Spain v Uruguay

June 27th:
World Cup 2nd Rd:
Argentina 4-1 Serbia (M.Romero 13, P.Dybala 29, C.Dahan 45, R.Fuentes 66 / L.Jovic 26)
Canada 1-1 Nigeria (V.Morales 74 / K.Iheanacho 48) Nigeria win on penalties

June 28th:
World Cup 2nd Rd:
Mexico 0-1 Chile (J.Vargas 45)
Italy 0-1 Brazil (Gabriel Barbosa 39)

June 29th:
World Cup 2nd Rd:
Belgium 1-2 Holland (R.Lukaku 12 / N.Pereira 18 og, G.Bijdevier 94 pen)
Germany 3-0 Croatia (T.Adler 19, F.Boldt 25, B.Sturm 42)

June 30th:
Spain (Ottawa (ON) Community Stadium, Ottawa (ON)) World Cup 2nd Rd
It was Spain who had the first chance of the game as on the 8th minute M.Calvo curled the ball towards goal from the edge of the area but M.Leaden reacted well to block the shot. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a powerful strike from P.Diezma but M.Leaden saved well again. It was all Spain and on the 29th minute D.Suarez was the next Spanish player to test my keeper with a low shot which beat the keeper but not the upright. Just before the break we finally had our first chance as F.Valverde dinked the ball over I.Araujo but the ball didn't dip enough and landed on the top of the net.
The second half wasn't much better as Spain continued the forward pressure despite my half time words. On the 56th minute Spain had another chance to score as A.Prieto threaded the ball through my defence but M.Calvo failed to convert the effort. Twelve minutes later they had yet another chance with Oliver making a mess of what should have been an easy shot. We were riding our luck and on the 78th minute D.Suarez had M.Leaden at full stretch to save his effort. It was one way traffic but deep into injury time we grabbed an undeserved goal as G.De Arrascaeta hit a speculative effort from 25 yards which beat I.Araujo to his left to send us through to the ¼ Finals

Uruguay 1-0 Spain G.De Arrascaeta 90+2

Uruguay: M.Leaden, M.Morales, J.Gimenez (capt) (R.Diaz), M.Lemos, R.Gonzalez, L.Torreira (J.Fernandez), D.Araujo, F.Valverde, F.Ricca (G.De Arrascaeta), N.Schiappacasse, R.Torres

Spain: I.Araujo, P.Llrola, A.Fidalgo, J.Mere (capt), J.Gaya, A.Flores (B.Mayoral), A.Prieto, P.Sorla (S.Samper), D.Suarez, M.Calvo, P.Diezma (Oliver)

Booked: R.Gonzalez, D.Araujo, F.Valverde (Uruguay) / A.Fidalgo (Spain)

I have been informed that R.Gonzalez will miss the next match after picking up his second yellow of the tournament

Other 2nd Rd Result:
Morocco 1-3 England (L.Moumni 1 / M.Rashford 8, H.Kane 71, 90+3)

World Cup 2026 ¼ Final Draw:
Argentina v Chile
Nigeria v Brazil
Germany v Uruguay
Holland v England

Season Eleven 2026/27:
July 3rd:
World Cup ¼ Final:
Nigeria 2-4 Brazil (A.Iwobi 12, K.Nwakali 18 / Fabinho 19 pen, G.Barbosa 23, 27, J.Francisco 63
Argentina 2-0 Chile (F.Ianni 45+1, M.Romero 54)

July 4th:
Germany (Vancouver (BC) Community Stadium, Vancouver (BC)) World Cup ¼ Final
A very tight game with the first half having little in the way of action. It was my side who had the first chance of the game on the 33rd minute as R.Torres beat the offside trap and rounded the keeper but F.Ampfert got back and slid the ball from the feet of R.Torres.
The second half was pretty much the same but this time it was Germany who had the first chance as B.Sturm rose above the defence and headed a K.Rudolph cross just wide of the post. On the 73rd minute we had our chance to take the lead with F.Valverde threading the ball to the feet of R.Torres who lashed the ball wide of the post. Neither side managed another effort in normal time and the game went into extra time

End of Ninety Minutes: 0-0

Extra time was a different story as both my side and the Germans upped the game and on the stroke of half time Germany grabbed the lead as P.Martin ran into the area and fired a F.Arndt cross under M.Leaden.
The second half of extra time was four minutes old when my side levelled the scores with R.Torres headed a L.Torreira cross into the top corner of the net. On the 115th minute Germany came close to winning it as T.Adler jinked through the defence with ease but M.Leaden reacted well to smother the ball at the feet of the striker. The game will be going to the lottery of penalties.
We had the honour of the first penalty with J.Fernandez running up and wasting no time in giving us the lead (1-0)
Germany's first penalty was taken by F.Ampfert who lashed the ball wide of the post (1-0)
J.Gimenez was our next penalty taker and he fired with pace past the keeper (2-0)
B.Sturm was up next for Germany and he hit the ball past M.Leaden with ease (2-1)
D.Araujo was our next penalty taker and he slotted the ball in off the upright (3-1)
F.Arndt was Germany's next taker and he hit the ball high into the net with confidence (3-2)
M.Lemos was next for my side but his penalty was pretty dire and L.Bahre saved well (3-2)
P.Martin was up next for Germany and hit his penalty down the middle but M.Leaden managed to stop the penalty with his foot (3-2)
L.Torreira had the chance to send us through to the semi finals and he hit the ball with power to the left which gave the keeper no chance to save which sent us through the the semi finals (4-2)

Uruguay 1-1 Germany R.Torres 109 / P.Martin 105 

Uruguay: M.Leaden, M.Morales (J.Fernandez), J.Gimenez (capt), M.Lemos, F.Fernandez, L.Torreira, D.Araujo, F.Valverde, F.Ricca (R.Diaz), N.Schiappacasse (G.De Arrascaeta), R.Torres

Germany: L.Bahre, F.Ampfert, J.Feistle, P.Marx, Z.Donmez, R.Wdowiak (capt) (D.Stark), R.Bartusiak (M.Birkholz), K.Rudolph (F.Arndt), T.Adler, P.Martin, B.Sturm

We progress 4-2 on penalties after a tough two hours of football

After the game I was informed that F.Fernandez will miss the rest of the tournament after pulling his thigh muscle late in the game

Other ¼ Result:
Holland 1-2 England (C.Nunnely 81 / H.Kane 3, 79)

World Cup 2026 Semi Final Draw:
Argentina v England
Brazil v Uruguay

July 7th:
World Cup Semi Final:
Argentina 2-2 England (F.Ianni 45+2, F.Colidio 50 pen / A.Cawsey 59, 67) Argentina win on penalties

July 8th:
Brazil (Montreal (QC) Community Stadium, Montreal (QC)) World Cup Semi Final
The game started slowly with neither side giving an inch. It took till the 32nd minute for the first real chance as Gabriel Jesus jinked through my defence with ease and fired towards goal but M.Leaden saved well to deny him. Soon after we had our first chance with R.Torres heading a L.Torreira cross toward goal but Lourival managed to tip the ball over the crossbar. On the stroke of half time  we broke the deadlock with N.Schiappacasse showing some great skill to beat Leonardo to the ball and wasted no time in firing with pace under Lourival to give us the half time lead.
The second half was ten minutes old when Brazil came close to scoring as Thiago Mala barged into the area and fired with pace towards goal however J.Gimenez managed to get back and clear off the line. On the 62nd minute we had our next chance with F.Ricca curling the ball just wide of the post after running in from the wing. Five minutes later we grabbed our second goal R.Torres as he ran onto a S.Vina through-ball and fired under Lourival. We were controlling the play and on the 74th minute we had another chance to score with a powerful strike from R.Torres which had Lourival at full stretch to save again. Six minutes later though Brazil equalised as Moreira completed a great counter attack to beat M.Leaden to his near post. On the 85th minute Brazil had another chance with Neymar firing close but M.Leaden saved our bacon with a great save. Brazil were piling forward and with a minute remaining in the game they had yet another chance to score with Moreira rattling the crossbar after my defence fell asleep. Luckily we did enough to  keep us in the tie and we have qualified for the World Cup final

Uruguay 2-1 Brazil N.Schiappacasse 45, R.Torres 67 / Moreira 80

Uruguay: M.Leaden, M.Morales, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Lemos (R.Diaz), R.Gonzalez (G.De Arrascaeta), L.Torreira, D.Araujo, F.Valverde (S.Vina), F.Ricca, N.Schiappacasse, R.Torres

Brazil: Lourival, Marquinhos (capt) (Fabinho), Leonardo, Laercio Jose, Jorge, D.Delfino (Cristian), Thiago Mala, Gabriel Barbosa, Evander (Neymar), Moreira, Gabriel Jesus

July 11th:
World Cup 3rd Place Play-off
England 4-3 Brazil (M.Rashford 16, 24, 90+1, A.Bird 67 /  Evander 23, Joao Francisco 69, 72)

July 12th:
Argentina (Montreal (QC) Community Stadium, Montreal (QC)) World Cup Final
So here I in the biggest game of my career and in truth all the Uruguayan players careers. However we got off to a poor start as on the 10th minute M.Morales hauled down F.Ianni in the area for a penalty, M.Romero stepped up and fired to the left of the diving M.Leaden. Twelve minutes later Argentina had another chance to score with M.Romero coming close to a second goal with a well placed effort towards goal but M.Leaden was on hand to save the ball. On the 29th minute we had our first chance of the game as we countered an Argentinian move and R.Torres fired towards goal but his effort was diverted wide by L.Candia. With six minutes remaining in the half Argentina had the chance to double their lead with a thunderous strike from just inside the area but M.Morales blocked the effort with his head and despite being knocked down carried on till the half time interval

Half Time Score 0-1

The second half was six minutes old when Argentina had their next chance as L.Paredes sprinted through my defence with ease but his final effort was a poor as my teams defending and it went out for a goal kick. On the hour mark we had our next chance with N.Schiappacasse running onto a F.Valverde pass and fired towards goal but L.Candia saved well to deny him. Soon after we had our next chance with F.Valverde crossing into the area but R.Torres's effort was tipped round the post by L.Candia. On the 79th minute Argentina had there next chance as F.Colidio stung the fingers of M.Leaden from just outside the area. We had the final chance of the game as on the 87th minute R.Torres fired against the bar from close range. At the final whistle my players looked shattered and in truth so was I.

Uruguay 0-1 Argentina M.Romero 10 pen 

Uruguay: M.Leaden, L.Torreira, M.Morales, J.Gimenez (capt), M.Lemos, F.Ricca, R.Gonzalez, D.Araujo, F.Valverde, N.Schiappacasse, R.Torres

Argentina: L.Candia, H.Moreno, A.Almiron (capt), A.Monzon, S.Romero, J.Rodriguez (A.Palavecino), S.Ojeda, F.Ianni, E.Barco (C.Pavon), M.Romero (L.Paredes), F.Colidio

Booked: M.Lemos, F.Valverde, D.Araujo, R.Gonzalez (Uruguay) / A.Almiron, H.Moreno, A.Monzon (Argentina)

Ten Year Review: (2016/17 – 2025/26)
Domestic Playable Leagues/Cups:
Belgium:
Belgian Pro League A:
2016/17: KRC Genk, Anderlecht, Lokeren
2017/18: Anderlecht, KRC Genk, Oostende
2018/19: Anderlecht, KRC Genk, Club Brugge
2019/20: Anderlecht, Club Brugge, KRC Genk
2020/21: Anderlecht, Club Brugge, KRC Genk
2021/22: Anderlecht, Standard, KRC Genk
2022/23: Anderlecht, KRC Genk, Club Brugge
2023/24: Standard, Anderlecht, KRC Genk
2024/25: Anderlecht, Club Brugge, KRC Genk
2025/26: Anderlecht, KRC Genk, Club Brugge

Belgian Pro League B:
2016/17: Lierse, Antwerp
2017/18: Eupen, Roeselare
2018/19: Lommel United, Cercle Brugge
2019/20: Antwerp, KV Mechelen
2020/21: Lierse, Lommel United
2021/22: KV Kortrijk, Cercle Brugge
2022/23: Cercle Brugge, Lommel United
2023/24: KV Mechelen, Roeselare
2024/25: Charleroi, Lommel United
2025/26: Virton, KV Mechelen

Belgian First Amateur Division:
2016/17: Deinze, Virton
2017/18: Lommel United, Seraing Utd
2018/19: Kapellen, Beerschot-Wilrljk
2019/20: Dessel, FCV Dender
2020/21: Tubize, FCV Dender
2021/22: FCV Dender, Dessel
2022/23: Roeselare, Oudenaarde
2023/24: Antwerp, Virton
2024/25: Virton, Oudenaarde
2025/26: Oudenaarde, Dessel

Belgian Cup:
2016/17: Oostende, STVV
2017/18: KV Kortrijk, Club Brugge
2018/19: Anderlecht, Charleroi
2019/20: Club Brugge, Anderlecht
2020/21: Anderlecht, Zulte Waregem
2021/22: Club Brugge, Standard
2022/23: Anderlecht, KRC Genk
2023/24: KRC Genk, Zulte Waregem
2024/25: Anderlecht, KV Kortrijk
2025/26: Anderlecht, Club Brugge

Belgian Super Cup:
2016/17: Standard, Club Brugge
2017/18: KRC Genk, Oostende
2018/19: Anderlecht, KV Kortrijk
2019/20: KRC Genk, Anderlecht
2020/21: Club Brugge, Anderlecht
2021/22: Anderlecht, Club Brugge
2022/23: Anderlecht, Club Brugge
2023/24: Anderlecht, KRC Genk
2024/25: Standard, KRC Genk
2025/26: Anderlecht, Club Brugge

Denmark:
Danish Superliga:
2016/17: FC Kobenhavn, FC Midtylland, AaB
2017/18: FC Kobenhavn, Brondby IF, AaB
2018/19: FC Kobenhavn, FC Midtylland, Brondby IF
2019/20: FC Kobenhavn, FC Midtylland, Brondby IF
2020/21: FC Kobenhavn, Aab, Esbjerg IF
2021/22: FC Kobenhavn, FC Midtylland, AaB
2022/23: FC Kobenhavn, FC Midtylland, AaB
2023/24: FC Kobenhavn, Brondby IF, FC Midtylland
2024/25: FC Kobenhavn, FC Midtylland, AaB
2025/26: FC Kobenhavn, Esbjerg IF, FC Midtylland

Danish First Division:
2016/17: Hobro IK, Vejle, Skive IK
2017/18: AC Horsens, Silkeborg IF, Skive IK
2018/19: HB Koge, Vejle, FC Fredericia
2019/20: Silkeborg, AC Horsens, Skive IK
2020/21: Viborg FF, AC Horsens, FC Roskilde 
2021/22: Lyngby, HB Koge, FC Fredericia 
2022/23: Aarhus Fremad, SonderjyskE, Viborg FF
2023/24: AC Horsens, HB Koge, Vejle
2024/25: Vejle, Silkeborg IF, Skive IK
2025/26: AC Horsens, HB Koge, Aarhus Fremad

Danish Second Division:
2016/17: Hvidovre IF, Thisted FC, Frem
2017/18: Aarhus Fremad, HB Koge, Nykobing FC
2018/19: AB, Hvidovre IF, Nykobing FC
2019/20: Nykobing FC, Vendsyssel FF, Naestved
2020/21: Middelfart, Hvidovre IF, AB
2021/22: Thisted FC, HIK, Mareinlyst
2022/23: Middelfart, AB, Naesby
2023/24: FC Helsinger, Naestved, FC Svendborg
2024/25: Avarta, Middlefart, AB
2025/26: Naesby, HIK, Mareinlyst

Danish Cup:
2016/17: Viborg FF, AC Horsens
2017/18: FC Midtylland, FC Nordsjaelland
2018/19: AaB, Lyngby
2019/20: Lyngby, Brondby IF
2020/21: Aab, FC Midtylland
2021/22: AGF, Esbjerg fB
2022/23: AGF, Vejle
2023/24: FC Kobenhavn, AaB
2024/25: Randers FC, AaB
2025/26: FC Kobenhavn, SonderjyskE

England:
English Premier Division:
2016/17: Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea
2017/18: Man.City, Arsenal, Man.Utd
2018/19: Chelsea, Man.City, Man.Utd
2019/20: Man.Utd, Arsenal, Man.City
2020/21: Man.Utd, Man.City, Arsenal
2021/22: Man.City, Man.Utd, Chelsea
2022/23: Man.Utd, Man.City, Chelsea
2023/24: Man.City, Man.Utd, Chelsea
2024/25: Chelsea, Man.Utd, Man.City
2025/26: Man.Utd, Chelsea, Man.City

Sky Bet Championship: (1st, 2nd, (Play-off Winner))
2016/17: Newcastle, Derby, (Brighton)
2017/18: Middlesbrough, QPR, (Sunderland)
2018/19: Burnley, Derby, (Hull)
2019/20: Everton, Southampton, (Reading)
2020/21: Hull, Newcastle, (Brighton)
2021/22: West Brom, Burnley, (Ipswich)
2022/23: Derby, Reading, (QPR)
2023/24: Hull, Everton, (Swansea)
2024/25: Brighton, Derby, (West Brom)
2025/26: Everton, Watford, (Burnley)

Sky Bet League One: (1st, 2nd, (Play-off Winner))
2016/17: MK Dons, Bradford City, (Charlton)
2017/18: Cardiff, Reading, (Blackpool)
2018/19: Rotherham, Sheff.Utd, (Oxford)
2019/20: Ipswich, Preston, (Swindon)
2020/21: Scunthorpe , Plymouth, (Bradford City)
2021/22: MK Dons, Walsall, (Cardiff)
2022/23: Rotherham, Birmingham, (Sheff.Utd)
2023/24: Walsall, Nottm Forest, (Luton)
2024/25: Cardiff, Northampton, (Bury)
2025/26: Aston Villa, Plymouth, (Luton)

Sky Bet League Two: (1st, 2nd, 3rd (Play-off Winner))
2016/17: Blackpool, Doncaster, Leyton Orient, (Carlisle)
2017/18: Oxford, Portsmouth, Luton, (Hartlepool)
2018/19: Doncaster, Crewe, Forest Green, (Fleetwood)
2019/20: Plymouth, Bury, Port Vale, (Luton)
2020/21: Chesterfield, Crewe, Exeter, (Newport Co)
2021/22: AFC Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Gateshead, (Tranmere)
2022/23: Millwall, Rochdale, Port Vale, (Oldham)
2023/24: Southend, Notts Co, Crewe, (Hartlepool)
2024/25: Coventry, Gillingham, Gateshead, (Shrewsbury)
2025/26: Cambridge, Forest Green, Bristol Rovers, (Preston)

Vanarama National League: (1st, (Play-off Winner))
2016/17: Forest Green, (Tranmere)
2017/18: Gateshead, (Eastleigh)
2018/19: Grimsby, (Stevenage)
2019/20: Gateshead, (Ebbsfleet)
2020/21: Notts Co, (Wrexham)
2021/22: Kidderminster, (AFC Telford)
2022/23: Mansfield, (York)
2023/24: Grimsby, (Carlisle)
2024/25: Wycombe, (Kidderminster)
2025/26: AFC Flyde, (Barnet)

Vanarama National League North: (1st, (Play-off Winner))
2016/17: AFC Fylde, (Kidderminster)
2017/18: AFC Telford, (Braintree)
2018/19: Alfreton, (Altrincham)
2019/20: Macclesfield, (Stockport)
2020/21: Kidderminster, (Chelmsford)
2021/22: FC Halifax, (FC United)
2022/23: Lincoln, (Chester)
2023/24: Boston Utd, (FC United)
2024/25: Alfreton, (Nuneaton)
2025/26: Stevenage, (FC Halifax)

Vanarama National League South: (1st, (Play-off Winner))
2016/17: Ebbsfleet, (Whitehawk)
2017/18: Maidstone, (Chelmsford)
2018/19: Dartford, (Bishop's Stortford)
2019/20: Maidenhead, (Sutton Utd)
2020/21: Torquay, (Dover)
2021/22: Dartford, (Hampton & Richmond)
2022/23: Boreham Wood, (Oxford City)
2023/24: Bromley, (Hampton & Richmond)
2024/25: Woking, (Hayes & Yeading)
2025/26: Staines, (Dag & Red)

English FA Cup:
2016/17: Arsenal, Man.Utd
2017/18: Southampton, Stoke
2018/19: Tottenham, Chelsea
2019/20: Man.City, Middlesbrough
2020/21: Arsenal, Tottenham
2021/22: Middlesbrough, Leicester
2022/23: Liverpool, Chelsea
2023/24: Arsenal, Liverpool
2024/25: Man.Utd, Leicester
2025/26: Man.City, Chelsea

EFL Cup:
2016/17: Tottenham, West Ham
2017/18: Man.Utd, Man.City
2018/19: Middlesbrough, Watford
2019/20: Stoke, Arsenal
2020/21: Man.City, Arsenal
2021/22: Man.Utd, Chelsea
2022/23: Man.City, Newcastle
2023/24: Man.Utd, Newcastle
2024/25: Chelsea, Tottenham
2025/26: Tottenham, Newcastle

English Community Shield:
2016/17: Man.Utd, Leicester
2017/18: Tottenham, Arsenal
2018/19: Man.City, Southampton
2019/20: Chelsea, Tottenham
2020/21: Man.City, Man.Utd
2021/22: Man.Utd, Arsenal
2022/23: Man.City, Middlesbrough
2023/24: Liverpool, Man.Utd
2024/25: Man.City, Arsenal
2025/26: Man.Utd, Chelsea

Checkatrade Trophy:
2016/17: Plymouth, Leicester Reserves
2017/18: Leicester Reserves, Tottenham Reserves
2018/19: Man.City Reserves, Chelsea Reserves
2019/20: Sunderland Reserves, Coventry
2020/21: Bolton, Leyton Orient
2021/22: Nottm Forest, Crystal Palace Reserves
2022/23: Rotherham, Luton
2023/24: Plymouth, Sunderland Reserves
2024/25: Arsenal Reserves, Middlesbrough Reserves
2025/26: Peterborough, MK Dons

English FA Trophy:
2016/17: Dag & Red, York
2017/18: Kidderminster, Eastbourne Boro
2018/19: Grimsby, Sutton Utd
2019/20: AFC Telford, York
2020/21: Braintree, Dag & Red
2021/22: Grimsby, Eastleigh
2022/23: Southport, Grimsby
2023/24: Grimsby, Alfreton
2024/25: Wycombe, Nuneaton
2025/26: Eastleigh, York

France:
Ligue 1: (1st, 2nd , 3rd)
2016/17: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco, Olympique Lyonnais
2017/18: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Saint-Etienne, AS Monaco
2018/19: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco, Toulouse FC
2019/20: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco, Olympique Lyonnais
2020/21: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco, OM  
2021/22: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Lyonnais, AS Monaco, 
2022/23: Paris Saint-Germain, OM, AS Monaco, 
2023/24: Paris Saint-Germain, OM, AS Monaco, 
2024/25: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Lyonnais, OM
2025/26: Paris Saint-Germain, OM, AS Saint-Etienne

Domino's Ligue 2: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Stade de Reims, Racing Club de Lens, Tours FC
2017/18: SC Bastia, FC Metz, AJ Auxerre
2018/19: Racing Club de Lens, Angers SCO, Tours FC
2019/20: FC Metz, AS Nancy Lorraine, SC Bastia
2020/21: AJ Auxerre, Stade de Reims, Racing Club de Lens
2021/22: Angers SCO, Stade Malherbe Caen, SC Bastia
2022/23: FC Nantes, Stade de Reims, FC Metz
2023/24: Stade Malherbe Caen, FC Sochaux-Montbe, SC Bastia
2024/25: Montpellier HSC, AS Nancy Lorraine, Valenciennes FC
2025/26: FC Nantes, Stade de Reims, FC Metz

French National: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Le Berrichonne, Paris FC, US Creteil-Lusitanos
2017/18: CS Bastia, AC Ajaccio, CS Sedan Ardennes
2018/19: La Berrichonne, Groupe Sportif Consolat, US Orleans
2019/20: Amiens FC, US Lusitanos, CS Sedan Ardennes
2020/21: ESTAC Troyes, Lyon-Duchere AS, USBCO
2021/22: Paris FC, Red Star FC, AC Ajaccio
2022/23: FC Sochaux-Montbe, Lyon-Duchere AS, USBCO
2023/24: Stade Brestois 29, US Orleans, Le Mans FC
2024/25: Groupe Sportif Consolat, USBCO, Red Star FC
2025/26: Chamois Niortais FC, Stade Brestois 29, US Creteil-Lusitanos

French Cup:
2016/17: AS Monaco, Stade Rennais FC
2017/18: Paris Saint-Germain, OM
2018/19: Paris Saint-Germain, Girondins de Bordeaux
2019/20: Paris Saint-Germain, En Avant de Guingamp
2020/21: Paris Saint-Germain, En Avant de Guingamp
2021/22: Paris Saint-Germain, FC Nantes
2022/23: Paris Saint-Germain, FC Lorient
2023/24: Paris Saint-Germain, Stade de Reims
2024/25: Paris Saint-Germain, LOSC
2025/26: SC Bastia, Valenciennes FC

Coupe de la Ligue:
2016/17: Girondins de Bordeaux, Paris Saint-Germain
2017/18: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Lyonnais
2018/19: Paris Saint-Germain, Racing Club de Lens
2019/20: Paris Saint-Germain, Toulouse FC
2020/21: Toulouse FC, AS Monaco
2021/22: Paris Saint-Germain, OM
2022/23: OM, AS Nancy Lorraine
2023/24: AS Monaco, AS Saint-Etienne
2024/25: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Lyonnais
2025/26: Paris Saint-Germain, RC Strasbourg Alsace

Trophee des Champions:
2016/17: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Lyonnais
2017/18: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco
2018/19: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Saint-Etienne
2019/20: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco
2020/21: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco
2021/22: Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco
2022/23: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Lyonnais 
2023/24: OM, Paris Saint-Germain
2024/25: Paris Saint-Germain, OM
2025/26: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Lyonnais 

Iceland:
Icelandic Premier Division: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Stjarnan, FH, KR
2017/18: KR, Valur, FH
2018/19: FH, Breiðablik, Fylkir
2019/20: Stjarnan, FH, IA
2020/21: KR, Fjolnir, Fylkir
2021/22: Vikingur R., IA, Valur
2022/24: FH, KR, Valur
2023/24: IBV, Fylkir, KR
2024/25: KR, FH, Stjarnan
2025/26: Valur, Fylkir, Fjolnir

Icelandic First Division: (1st, 2nd , 3rd)
2016: Keflavik, Fram, Leiknir R.
2017: Prottur R., KA, Grindavik
2018: Fjölnir, Fram, Selfoss
2019: Vikingur O., Leiknir R., Prottur R.
2020: Prottur R., Breiðablik, Grindavik
2021: Keflavik, Por, Vikingur O.
2022: IBV, Afturelding, Grotta
2023: Por, Keflavik, HK
2024: Valur, Fram, Haukar
2025: Viking R., Por, Leiknir R.

Icelandic Cup:
2016: Fylkir, Valur
2017: Valur, KR
2018: Prottur R., Stjarnan
2019: Vikingur R., Stjarnan
2020: FH, Haukar
2021: Grotta, Keflavik
2022: FH, Por
2023: Ægir, IBV
2024: IBV, Fylkir
2025: Fylkir, Fjolnir

Icelandic Champions Cup:
2017: Valur, FH
2018: Valur, KR
2019: FH, Prottur R.
2020: Stjarnan, Vikingur R.
2021: FH, KR
2022: Vikingur R., Grotta
2023: FH, KR
2024: Ægir, IBV
2025: IBV, KR

Icelandic Upper League Cup:
2017: FH, Vikingur R.
2018: Vikingur O., FH
2019: FH, Vikingur R.
2020: IBV, Viking O.
2021: KR, Prottur R.
2022: IA, KR
2023: IBV, Por
2024: KR, FH
2025: Keflavik, Prottur R.

Italy:
Serie A: (1st, 2nd , 3rd )
2016/17: INTER, Juventus, Napoli
2017/18: A.C.Milan, Napoli, Juventus
2018/19: Juventus, INTER, A.C.Milan
2019/20: Juventus, INTER, Napoli
2020/21: Juventus, A.C.Milan, Roma
2021/22: Juventus, Roma, A.C.Milan
2022/23: Roma, A.C.Milan, Roma
2023/24: Roma, Juventus, A.C.Milan
2024/25: Juventus, A.C.Milan, INTER
2025/26: A.C.Milan, INTER, Juventus

Italian Serie B: (1st, 2nd, 3rd, (Play-offs)
2016/17: Trapani, Verona, Spezia, (Spezia)
2017/18: Novara, Carpi, Chievo, (Frosinone)
2018/19: Salernitana, Pescara, Trapani, (Chievo)
2019/20: Trapani, Crotone, Spezia, (Verona)
2020/21: Sassuolo, Pescara, Frosinone, (Carpi)
2021/22: Chievo, Spezia, Salernitana, (Crotone)
2022/23: Trapani, Frosinone, Cesena, (Sassuolo)
2023/24: Cesena, Cagliari, Empoli, (Novara)
2024/25: Sassuolo, Spezia, Chievo, (Frosinone)
2025/26: Crotone, Chievo, Carpi, (Carpi)

Italian Serie C/A: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Alessandria, Cremonese, Como
2017/18: Cittadelia, Livorno, FeralpiSalo
2018/19: Alto Adige, Pistolese, AlbinoLeffe
2019/20: Cittadelia, AlbinoLeffe, Pistolese
2020/21: AlbinoLeffe, Mantova, Pro Vercelli
2021/22: Vicenza, Pontedera, Mantova
2022/23: Pro Vercelli, Mantova, Pontedera
2023/24: Mantova, Brescia, Lumezzane
2024/25: Bassano, Brescia, Lumezzane
2025/26: Lumezzane, Carrarese, Modena

Italian Serie C/B: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Pordenone, Parma, Padova
2017/18: Cesena, Ascoli, Mantova
2018/19: Latina, Reggiana, Ascoli
2019/20: Modena, Ancona, Reggiana
2020/21: Lumezzane, Teramo, Parma
2021/22: Reggiana, Ascoli, Parma
2022/23: Livorno, Foggia, Ascoli
2023/24: Parma, Ascoli, Lucchese
2024/25: Ancona, Padova, Teramo
2025/26: Foggia, Fondi, Latina

Italian Serie C/C: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Cosenza, Catanzaro, Juve Stabia
2017/18: Catania, Catanzaro, Matera
2018/19: Matera, Siracusa, Messina
2019/20: Benevento, Reggina, Catanzaro
2020/21: Reggina,, Cosenza, Siracusa
2021/22: Bari, Catania, Avellino
2022/23: Reggiana, Benevento, Melfi
2023/24: Messina, Avellino, Akragas
2024/25: Taranto, Bari, Siracusa
2025/26: Catania, Avellino, Melfi

Italian Cup:
2016/17: INTER, A.C.Milan
2017/18: Roma, A.C.Milan
2018/19: INTER, Juventus
2019/20: Roma, Juventus
2020/21: Roma, A.C.Milan
2021/22: Juventus, Napoli
2022/23: Juventus, Palermo
2023/24: Roma, Napoli
2024/25: Palermo, INTER
2025/26: INTER, Juventus

Italian Super Cup:
2016/17: Juventus, A.C.Milan
2017/18: INTER, A.C.Milan 
2018/19: Roma, A.C.Milan 
2019/20: INTER, Juventus
2020/21: Juventus, Roma
2021/22: Roma, Juventus
2022/23: Napoli, Juventus
2023/24: Roma, Juventus
2024/25: Napoli, Roma
2025/26: Juventus, Palermo

Italian C Super Cup:
2016/17: Cosenza, Alessandria
2017/18: Catania, Cesena
2018/19: Latina, Alto Adige
2019/20: Cittadelia, Modena
2020/21: AlbinoLeffe, Reggina
2021/22: Reggiana, Bari
2022/23: Reggina, Livorno
2023/24: Mantova, Messina
2024/25: Taranto, Ancona
2025/26: Catania, Foggia

Italian Serie C Cup:
2016/17: Alessandria, Foggia
2017/18: Catanzaro, Cittadelia
2018/19: Ascoli, AlbinoLeffe
2019/20: Pistolese, Foggia
2020/21: Parma, Avellino
2021/22: Arezzo, Monopoli
2022/23: Ternana, Messina
2023/24: Reggiana, Juve Stabia
2024/25: Ascoli, Benevento
2025/26: AlbinoLeffe, Fondi

Scotland:
Ladbrokes Premiership: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers 
2017/18: Celtic, Hearts, Rangers
2018/19: Celtic, Inverness CT, Rangers
2019/20: Celtic, Hearts, Hibernian
2020/21: Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic
2021/22: Celtic, Rangers, Hearts 
2022/23: Celtic, Rangers, Hearts
2023/24: Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen 
2024/25: Celtic, Hearts, Rangers
2025/26: Celtic, Rangers, Hearts 

Ladbrokes Championship: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Hibernian, Dundee Utd, Falkirk
2017/18: St.Johnstone, Dundee Utd, Dundee
2018/19: Dundee, Falkirk, Livingston
2019/20: Falkirk, Ayr, St.Johnstone
2020/21: St.Johnstone, St.Mirren, Morton
2021/22: Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, Morton
2022/23: Hamilton, Partick Thistle, Morton
2023/24: Kilmarnock, Morton, Partick Thistle
2024/25: St.Johnstone, Queen of Sth, Partick Thistle
2025/26: Dundee, Kilmarnock, Cowdenbeath

Ladbrokes League 1:
2016/17: Airdrie, Livingston, Alloa
2017/18: St.Mirren, Livingston, Alloa
2018/19: Dunfermline, Alloa, Airdrie
2019/20: Dumbarton, Alloa, Raith
2020/21: Livingston, Raith, East Fife
2021/22: Dumbarton, Alloa, Airdrie
2022/23: Airdrie, Dunfermline, Cowdenbeath
2023/24: Raith, Forfar, Dunfermline
2024/25: Cowdenbeath, Livingston, Brechin
2025/26: Ayr, Forfar, Stranraer

Ladbrokes League 2:
2016/17: Forfar, Stirling, Arbroath
2017/18: Clyde, Montrose, Stirling
2018/19: Cowdenbeath, Annan, Arbroath
2019/20: Brechin, Elgin City, Berwick
2020/21: Forfar, Albion Rovers, Berwick
2021/22: Edinburgh City, Berwick, Stirling
2022/23: Peterhead, Forfar, Berwick
2023/24: Berwick, Arbroath, Stranraer
2024/25: Stranraer, Queen's Park, Clyde
2025/26: Berwick, Queen's Park, Arbroath

Scottish Cup:
2016/17: Rangers, Hibernian
2017/18: Ross County, Celtic
2018/19: Hearts, Motherwell
2019/20: Hearts, Hamilton
2020/21: Celtic, Hamilton
2021/22: Hearts, Hibernian
2022/23: Rangers, Ross County
2023/24: Hearts, Motherwell
2024/25: Celtic, Ross County
2025/26: Hearts, Motherwell

Betfred Cup:
2016/17: Inverness CT, Aberdeen
2017/18: Celtic, Ross County
2018/19: Inverness CT, Rangers
2019/20: Celtic, Rangers
2020/21: Motherwell, Rangers
2021/22: Celtic, Aberdeen
2022/23: Celtic, Aberdeen
2023/24: Inverness CT, Rangers
2024/25: Rangers, Aberdeen
2025/26: Celtic, Rangers

Scottish League Challenge Cup:
2016/17: Dundee Utd, Berwick
2017/18: St.Mirren, Dundee
2018/19: Celtic Reserves, Ayr
2019/20: Hearts Reserves, Raith
2020/21: Dundee Utd, Queen of Sth
2021/22: Queen of Sth, Hamilton Reserves
2022/23: St.Johnstone, Hamilton
2023/24: Partick Thistle, Hibernian Reserves
2024/25: St.Johnstone, Celtic Reserves
2025/26: Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd

Spain:
Spanish First Division:
2016/17: A.Madrid, R.Madrid, Barcelona
2017/18: A.Madrid, R.Madrid, Barcelona
2018/19: R.Madrid, A.Madrid, Barcelona
2019/20: R.Madrid, A.Madrid, Barcelona
2020/21: A.Madrid, Barcelona, R.Madrid
2021/22: Barcelona, R.Madrid, A.Madrid
2022/23: Barcelona, A.Madrid, R.Madrid
2023/24: A.Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla
2024/25: Barcelona, A.Madrid, Sevilla
2025/26: Barcelona, A.Madrid, R.Madrid

Spanish Second Division: (1st, 2nd, 3rd, (Play-off Winners)
2016/17: Getafe, Levante, Almeria, (Cordoba)
2017/18: Granada, Numantia, S.Gijon, (Leganes)
2018/19: Alaves, Atletico Pamplona, Oviedo (Oviedo)
2019/20: Levante, Almeria, Elche, (Elche)
2020/21: Espanyol, Numantia, Las Palmas, (S.Gijon)
2021/22: Atletico Pamplona, Almeria, Las Palmas, (Elche)
2022/23: Coruna, Leganes, Las Palmas, (Las Palmas)
2023/24: S.Gijon, Granada, Cadiz, (Cordoba)
2024/25: Leganes, Eibar, Oviedo, (Alaves)
2025/26: Oviedo, Espanyol, Barcelona B, (S.Gijon)

Spanish Second Division B1: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Ponferrada, R.Santander, Vigo B
2017/18: Pontevedra, Ferrol, Leonesa
2018/19: A.Madrid B, Coruxo, Leonesa
2019/20: Burgos, R.Santander, Ferrol
2020/21: R.Santander, Ferrol, A.Madrid B
2021/22: Ferrol, R.Santander, R.Madrid B
2022/23: Tenerife, R.Santander, A.Madrid B
2023/24: Lugo, R.Madrid B, R.Santander
2024/25: R.Santander, Lugo, A.Madrid B
2025/26: Tenerife, A.Madrid B, Ferrol

Spanish Second Division B2: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Fuenlabrada, Albacete, R.Madrid  B
2017/18: Mirandes, Albacete, Villarreal B
2018/19: Logrones, Albacete, El Ejido
2019/20: R.Madrid B, Ponferrada, Albacete
2020/21: Albacete, Real Irun, Real San Sebastian B
2021/22: Mirandes, Zaragoza, Atletico Pamplona B
2022/23: Ponferrada, Real San Sebastian B, Real Irun
2023/24: Real San Sebastian B, Real Irun, Zaragoza
2024/25: Ponferrada, Zaragoza, A.Bilbao B
2025/26: A.Bilbao B, Leonesa, Zaragoza

Spanish Second Division B3: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Heracles, A.Baleares, Eldense
2017/18: Heracles, Barcelona B, Lleida
2018/19: Reus, Girona, Heracles
2019/20: Tarragona, Heracles, Girona
2020/21: Heracles, Girona, Sabadell
2021/22: Reus, Llagostera, Heracles
2022/23: Mallorca, Lleida, Sabadell
2023/24: Mallorca, Alcoyano, Tarragona
2024/25: Barcelona B, Heracles, Lleida
2025/26: Alcoyano, Girona, Hospitalet

Spanish Second Division B4: (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
2016/17: Lorca, R.Jaen, Murcia
2017/18: Murcia, Cartagena, U.Murcia
2018/19: Sevilla B, Lorca, R.Jaen
2019/20: R.Jaen, Merida, Levante B
2020/21: Lorca, Huelva, U.Murcia
2021/22: Huelva, Sevilla B, R.Jaen
2022/23: U.Murcia, Huelva, Sevilla B
2023/24: R.Jaen, Huelva, Sevilla B
2024/25: R.Madrid B, Lorca, Cartagena
2025/26: Lorca, Huelva, Cartagena

Spanish Cup:
2016/17: A.Madrid, A.Bilbao
2017/18: A.Bilbao, Barcelona
2018/19: Barcelona, A.Madrid
2019/20: A.Madrid, Elbar
2020/21: Barcelona, R.Madrid
2021/22: A.Madrid, Barcelona
2022/23: A.Madrid, Real Hispalis
2023/24: A.Madrid, R.Madrid
2024/25: Barcelona, Levante
2025/26: R.Madrid, Levante

Spanish Super Cup:
2016/17: Sevilla, Barcelona
2017/18: A.Madrid, A.Bilbao
2018/19: A.Madrid, A.Bilbao
2019/20: R.Madrid, Barcelona
2020/21: A.Madrid, R.Madrid
2021/22: Barcelona, A.Madrid
2022/23: Barcelona, A.Madrid
2023/24: A.Madrid, Barcelona
2024/25: A.Madrid, R.Madrid
2025/26: Barcelona, Levante

Spanish Federation Cup:
2016/17: Leonesa, Llagostera
2017/18: Reus, Merida
2018/19: R.Madrid B, Logrones
2019/20: Ferrol, Alicante
2020/21: Albacete, Guijuelo
2021/22: A.Madrid B, Levante B
2022/23: Huelva, Llagostera 
2023/24: Leonesa, A.Madrid B
2024/25: Barcelona B, R.Madrid B
2025/26: A.Bilbao B, Huelva

Wales:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League:
2016/17: TNS, Bangor City, Bala
2017/18: TNS, Bala, Bangor City
2018/19: TNS, Haverfordwest, Bala
2019/20: TNS, Airbus UK, Bangor City
2020/21: TNS, Airbus UK, Aberystwyth
2021/22: TNS, Connah's Quay, Bala
2022/23: TNS, Connah's Quay, Airbus UK
2023/24: TNS, Connah's Quay, Bangor City
2024/25: TNS, Connah's Quay, Bala 
2025/26: TNS, Connah's Quay, Bangor City 

JD Welsh Cup:
2016/17: Newton, Airbus UK
2017/18: Connah's Quay, Haverfordwest
2018/19: TNS, Rhyl
2019/20: Barry, Aberystwyth
2020/21: Bala, Newtown
2021/22: TNS, Connah's Quay
2022/23: Airbus UK, TNS
2023/24: Aberystwyth, Carmarthen
2024/25: Bangor City, Connah's Quay
2025/26: Bangor City, TNS

Nathaniel MG Cup:
2016/17: TNS, Merthyr T
2017/18: TNS, Connah's Quay
2018/19: TNS, Connah's Quay
2019/20: TNS, Connah's Quay
2020/21: TNS, Haverfordwest
2021/22: Connah's Quay, Haverfordwest
2022/23: TNS, Airbus UK
2023/24: TNS, Bala
2024/25: Bangor City, TNS
2025/26: Bangor City, Bala

European:
European Champions Cup:
2016/17: Man.City, R.Madrid (Millennium Stadium (Cardiff, Wales))
2017/18: Man.City, Juventus (NSC Olympiyski (Kyiv, Ukraine)
2018/19: Man.Utd, Paris Saint-Germain (Old Trafford (Manchester, England))
2019/20: Paris Saint-Germain, Man.City (Olympiastadion (Berlin, Germany))
2020/21: Man.Utd, Man.City (Amsterdam ArenA (Amsterdam, Holland))
2021/22: Man.Utd, Arsenal (Stade de France (Saint-Denis, France))
2022/23: Man.Utd, Man.City (Ataturk Olimpiyat (Istanbul, Turkey))
2023/24: A.Madrid, Man.Utd (Luzhniki (Moscow, Russia))
2024/25: Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain (Stade Orange Velodrome (Marseille, France))
2025/26: Paris Saint-Germain, Man.Utd (Nuevo Mestalla (Valencia, Spain))

Europa Cup:
2016/17: Tottenham, AS Monaco (Friends Arena (Stockholm, Sweden))
2017/18: Sevilla, INTER (Wembley (London, England))
2018/19: Tottenham, Arsenal (Estadio do Dragao (Porto, Portugal))
2019/20: Barcelona, BMG (Parc des Princes (Paris, France))
2020/21: A.C.Milan, Roma (Juventus (Turin, Italy))
2021/22: OM, Napoli (Stadion Wroclaw (Wroclaw, Poland))
2022/23: Gelsenkirchen, Valencia (Benito Villamarin (Sevilla, Spain))
2023/24: Barcelona, INTER (Estadio Jose Alvalade Seculo XXI (Lisboa, Portugal))
2024/25: Tottenham, A.C.Milan (Ernst-Happel-Stadion (Wien, Austria))
2025/26: AS Monaco, Napoli (Red Bull Arena (Leipzig, Germany))

European Super Cup:
2016/17: R.Madrid, Sevilla (Lerkendal (Trondhelm, Norway))
2017/18: Tottenham, Man.City (Philip II Arena (Skopje, FYR Macedonia))
2018/19: Man.City, Sevilla (Lillekula Stadium (Tallin, Estonia))
2019/20: Man.Utd, Tottenham (Gelredome (Arnhem, Holland))
2020/21: Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona (Riazor (A Coruna, Spain))
2021/22: A.C.Milan, Man.Utd (Stade Chaban-Delmas (Bordeaux, France))
2022/23: Man.Utd, OM (Atleti Azzuri d'Italia (Bergamo, Italy))
2023/24: Man.Utd, Gelsenkirchen (Georgios Karaiskakis (Piraeus, Greece))
2024/25: A.Madrid, Barcelona (San Filippo (Messina, Italy))
2025/26: Barcelona, Tottenham (Stadium Municipal (Toulouse, France))

Other:
Club World Championship:
2016: R.Madrid, Atletico Nacional, Al-Nassar (KSA) (Yokohama Stadium (Yokohama, Japan))
2017: Man.City, FLU, Monterrey (Zayed Sports City Stadium (Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.))
2018: Man.City, Guangzhou, Boca (Zayed Sports City Stadium (Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.))
2019: Man.Utd, Jeonbuk, San Lorenzo (Stade Olympique (Rades, Tunisia))
2020: Paris Saint-Germain, CEC, Guangzhou (Stade Olympique (Rades, Tunisia))
2021: Man.Utd, COR,Tigres (Stade Olympique du 5 Juliet (Algiers, Algeria))
2022: Man.Utd, San Lorenzo, ES Sanel (Stade Olympique du 5 Juliet (Algiers, Algeria))
2023: Man.Utd, Independiente, Chivas (BMO Field (Toronto (ON), Canada))
2024: A.Madrid, CEC, Monterrey (BMO Field (Toronto (ON), Canada))
2025: Barcelona, Monterrey, Al-Ahly (Melbourne Cricket Ground (Melbourne, Australia))

International: (Winners, Runners Up, Third Place (Hosts))
World Cup:
2018: Croatia, Portugal, Germany (Russia)
2022: Argentina, Uruguay, France (Canada)
2026: Argentina, Uruguay, England (Canada)

Confederations Cup:
2017: Portugal, Germany, Chile (Russia)
2021: Croatia, Italy, Argentina (Canada)
2025: Italy, Argentina, Brazil (Canada)

European Football Championship:
2020: Italy, Spain (Various Countries)
2024: Italy, Portugal (Italy)

European International League:
2019: Croatia, Portugal
2021: Spain, Portugal
2023: France, Holland
2025: Spain, France

Olympics: (Under 23)
2020: France, Belgium, Argentina (Japan)
2024: Germany, France, U.S.A. (South Africa)

July 13th:
Despite getting all the way to the World Cup Final I have decided to end my reign as Uruguay coach and start the search for a club job. The Uruguayan FA asked me to stay but I felt I had done as much as I could with the squad. Now it was time for me to look what was out there

July 18th:
I have received my first job offer as Paris Saint-Germain offered me the job with a £20,500 per week wage and a three year contract. I have asked for a week to decide which they have agreed too.

July 19th:
More offers have come through with the U.S.A offering me the vacant job with a £26,000 per week wage as did Spain who offered me a mouth watering £93,000 per week. I have rejected both offers as I want to go back into club management.
The next club to offer me a job was my beloved Manchester United who offered me £87,000 per week and Barcelona who offered me £57,000 per week. I asked both clubs if they could wait a week for me to ponder things over

July 26th:
All three clubs came back with their offers and I decided to not go with my heart but to move too ….....

Career So Far:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League (4): 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 (TNS)
JD Welsh Cup (1): 2018/19 (TNS)
Nathaniel MG Cup (4): 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 (TNS)
Manager of The Year (2): 2017/18. 2019/20 (TNS)
Serie C/C (1): 2020/21 (Reggina)
World Cup: Runners Up 2026 (Uruguay)

Archived