[Suggestion] Backroom team

danwlufc

One of the things that is nicer later in the game is your loyal backroom staff following you to different clubs.

Of course this is not possible at the start of the game and you are joining a club completely fresh with no allies. 

In reality this wouldn’t happen, a new manager would have at least 1 man by his side that he already had a professional relationship with (i.e Favourite personal). 

It may be far fetched but “re-gens” are such a big part of the game would it be beyond the realms of possibility to think a made up number 2 or even a scout or any staff could join you at your new club.

Another option could be a factual ex-player looking for their first job.

The interaction between the two of you could be quite nice at the start of a file which can sometimes be boring.

The level of ability of this member of staff would also need to be modified for the standard of team you take control of but even having someone with you in a sinking ship or someone you could credit for your team’s good start would be a nice touch I think.

Failing this idea I also think it would be nice if some staff would be willing to drop down to a much poorer team when you change jobs. I can understand why some would favour their own professional and financial gain but you’d think at least 1 would drop down a division with you even if you could convince them just to join you for a short time. Even more so when they become unemployed when you leave anyway.

• 5 months later...

Archived