Spanish club B team

I started a save a few days ago with SD Huesca, a team from Spanish 2nd division. Until now I have managed only English clubs without B teams. I just realized I can't hire any staff for the B team and they also don't play any fixtures. My assistant recommended me at the start of first season to move a few players from u19 to B team as they are 'ready for the next level'. They spent more than a season without playing a fixture, all players are 65-68% fit. I tried making my assistant to create friendlies but I can't find that option. Is the only solution creating friendlies for the B team manually? 

I know that already. But why would assistant recommend me to move players to B team if they don't play any official games, only friendlies? How are players supposed to develop if friendly match game time doesn't count too much for youth development? The point of B team is giving your youth players game time at a higher level against older, tougher opponents instead of u19 leagues. This thing is very bad implemented in the game.

There's a few things that will prevent your B team from getting matches.

The Division they are in is not active/loaded.

There's a hard cap on which division a B team be can be promoted to.

A B team can't be promoted to the same division as it's parent club.

So .. as your parent team is in the 2nd division, you'd need the 3rd division or lower to be active, offhand 4th division & lower will need to be downloaded from the workshop if available

i promoted to the first division, but from the start of the save the B team is not playing in any competitions. Which could be the problem? I can see that english teams from L2(and even below L2) are in the L2 championship without having the L1 and L2 loaded, only EPL and Championship, but when I click on my B team it says they have not entered any competition. For the moment I am creating friendlies every month, but I would like to know if it's possible for the B team to promote to 2nd division and how.

You'll need to look at the completion rules for each division to see if it allows B teams to play

If they are allowed to compete in the 2nd division, as is normal they will have to win one of the 3rd promotion spots, if the 3rd division isn't loaded & active the game will sim each season, eventually they'll win it but it could take a while.

In FM14 I managed the B team of a much larger Spanish club, and the Division they were allowed to play in was definitely loadable without needing to download extra leagues.

They weren't allowed to be promoted though, I do remember that much.

edit

Was there a league invitation at the start of the season? ...

I currently get that for UCD reserves, though the board accepted on my behalf.

Archived