A typical summer at Shrewsbury Town

This is pretty much my life throughout the summer window (and sometimes January)

RK_zpsb2y7oa69.png

RKS_zpskhr6tm40.png

RKS2_zpsbxdcq8it.png

I mean, I know in real life, a young player performs well and a few bigger clubs take a look at him and debate whether they want to make an offer. But, this guy hasn't played any competitive games and it's not like he's lit up the league. The worst part is I should probably take that £3m and run, but he must have some decent potential for clubs offering that much for him based on pretty much nothing.

And, this happens to more than just this guy. I have about 8-12 youth players all with (potentially, I must stress) 4*-5* ability in the future.

This isn't a complaint about it, just incase people think it is. I'm just curious to know if other people experience this and, if so, do they take the money or see how good the player actually becomes.

Yes, I've just finished a campaign where I started at Level 8. During my season in Level 7 (in England) I had scouts from Premier League teams snooping around my best 2 players, and later top flight managers showing up. I gained promotion but never did anything in the cups or ever even met a league team. In the end the chairman sold those 2 against my wishes which left me struggling to compete in the Vanarama National.

I put it down to top clubs having very very thorough scouting networks these days, annoying but probably not unrealistic. Check if the kids has an agent too. A lot of them like to tout their clients around, according to their descriptions.

I’ve had the board go over me on a couple of players but thankfully my protesting of the transfers was accepted and I’ve kept my players. The players I think will be big I’ll more than likely keep and play where I can. The ones I am 50/50 on I’ll loan out and let them get their football albeit at a lower level.

The guy I showed in the previous post, I actually had a £6m bid on (not all upfront) but I managed to resist and reject. Hopefully in the future he can be more than that in value and I can justify rejecting that offer.

Archived