how to create a team

matt 2403

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

2. You should see the data editor in there and double click on it to launch it

3. When it opens go up to file and load database and select the database you want to load

4. Make your changes in it

5. Go to file and choose save as and save the database under a new name

6. Exit the editor

7. Start a new game in FM08

8. When you click new game a box should appear from which you can select your edited database

9. Start the new game as normal

That is how to create an edited database. If you want any specific help on creating a player or doing anything else in the editor just reply here or pm me and I will be glad to help. :)

That is how to create an edited database.

To do the specific edits you want, do the following:

1. Before loading the database in the editor, make sure you have load all languages ticked in options.

2. When the database is loaded go up to edit and choose create team.

3. Then fill in its name and all other details on each section.

4. You see a section called players so that is where you add them.

5. Just click on the add button and in the window that appears search for the player you want to add and confirm.

6. Do that for as many players as you want.

7. To add them to a competition, the best way is to go to the division you want to put them in and then go to the teams section and highlight the team you want to remove and click the swap button.

8. Search for your team in the window that appears and select them and confirm.

Hope that helps. :) Let me know if you need any more help. :D

woooo you lost me there. right basically so far i went. computer - C file - program files - sports interactive - football manager 08 - editor data. then two folders come up. one wit languages and the other with kits. the rest are files. you said 'go to file' where is that??

Matt, you should see a data editor icon as well as a folder and it is that you click on.

Also what do you mean when you said you downloaded it as it comes with the game and you don't buy it separately.

Anyway yeah if you have any problems just ask. :)

Archived