Corners....

Completely ruining the game for me right now. Are people finding they're conceding lots of them or just me?

Every single time the opposition get a corner there seems to be 3 of their players waiting for the ball at the near post whilst my whole team bunch up at the back. Just conceded 6 within my first 4 games and no matter what set up I use i cannot stop it happening. 

Sounds ridiculous to say it's ruining the game, but when i'm playing well and things look good only to concede a stupid equaliser its so frustrating. Might as well start each game 1-0 down!

Try setting your match training to defend set pieces so they are focusing on it more pre match. This will help them get more familiar with your defending set piece routines. You say you have only played 4 games - that is not enough time for them to get used to and familiar with your tactics and routines

Probably a stupid question but have you made sure to change your set piece tactics? I know a lot of people just leave it, apparently if you do so this year you get punished really badly. I was conceding a lot at the beginning of the season with my initial tactic but I then tweaked my tactic to have an extra man back. My tactics are:

Right back: Far post

Left back: Near post

Centre backs: Mark tall players

RCM (small player): Close down corner

LCM/DM/ST/AML: Man mark

AMR (or whoever your smallest/quickest player is: edge of area

Archived