Adboards failing to load around pitch (FM18 Beta)

stevemc

Hi all,

Can someone help?

I cannot get adboards to loads around the pitch in FM18, its really frustrating. I've tried with and without custom adboards and they load in the upper part of the stadium, but not the lower, around the pitch. They stay solid black.

vrwpht.jpg

107rxao.png

I copied over all my graphics from FM17, to FM18 Beta, and everything else has loaded correctly - so the folder works.

So, I'm trying to determine a few things here:

• Is anyone else having this issue?

• Is this a Beta or Mac related issue?

• Has the coding changed from FM17 to FM18 meaning still advertising boards don't load?

• Are only dynamic advertising boards available for FM18?

Thanks in advance...

Custom video ads likely won't load as they went into the install folder in FM17 and FM18 has changed where the 3D stuff is stored which would include the video ads so they will likely need updating for FM18. If you have fully removed your custom graphics and they still aren't working then it's likely a bug and worth raising in the bugs forum.

9 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Custom video ads likely won't load as they went into the install folder in FM17 and FM18 has changed where the 3D stuff is stored which would include the video ads so they will likely need updating for FM18. If you have fully removed your custom graphics and they still aren't working then it's likely a bug and worth raising in the bugs forum.

The ads in my folder are not video ads, they are static ads, has something changed within the config which is not allowing them to show pitch side?

All I've done is copy my "graphics" folder from FM17 to FM18 Beta, and everything has loaded as normal (logo's, kits, faces etc), except the static adboards won't load around the pitch, even though they load in the upper tiers of stadiums. The settings in my preferences for match day are set to the maximum they can be.

I have no custom video ad boards anywhere within my graphics.

I've done a complete delete and reinstall of the Beta, and this seems to have fixed the issue - I'll keep an eye on it - I think it might have started when changing the quality of the match engine in the preferences.

• 1 month later...
Am 4.11.2017 um 09:24 schrieb stevemc:

Ich habe die Beta komplett gelöscht und neu installiert, und das scheint das Problem behoben zu haben - ich behalte es im Auge - ich denke, dass es möglicherweise begonnen hat, wenn die Qualität der Match-Engine in den Einstellungen geändert wurde.

did you find out how they go?

• 1 month later...

This has kind of reared its head again, randomly, blank (not black like in the beta) boards around the pitch in front of the advertising boards? Only seems to be the stadiums that have vertical advertising boards, not the lower league stadiums - is this a graphics card issue or a bug?

2cdzssh.png

As you can see, it works on the tilted adboards that are pitch side:

vcxd05.png

After doing some digging, I'm led to believe that this is because static adboards don't automatically load in place of video adboards, in FM18, like they did in FM17. So stadiums over 30,000 have video adboards around the pitchside, and if these are licensed (like League One is), then my own static adboards won't replace them, but instead they appear black.

Is there any way I can keep my own static adboards, but allow the licensed video adboards that come with the game to overrule my static adboards, where applicable? Is this an instruction within the XML file?

Archived