Midfield Trio - What Is The Best Set Up?

No problem. Sometimes you've just got to decide what to compromise and that might change on a game by game basis.  I used to have the issue of trying to do too much so would break one thing to get another and then just end up with a mess! :idiot:

2 hours ago, FMWolf said:

I had my MCL set as a CM-A with "More Risky Passes" and "Move Into Channels" but I just felt i was getting an Hamsik-ish sort of player instead of Sneijder-ish one :D, meaning that he attacked that left-center space quite well, but it never seemed like he created enough for the striker and right midfielder. The MCR was just a MC-S with "Hold Position" and we played with a Flexible team shape. Now that you mention it, their Off The Ball attribute was 12/11 if I remember, not really that good;

If you want him to leave that left center channel more then i'd use Roam From Position instead of Move Into Channels.  I would expect his heat map and touches to spread wider, though where he finds space will depend on the opposition.

In one game you might want a Hamsik but in another you might want a Sneijder so its good you can see the difference and know how to create those roles. 

Their should be two players ensuring that we stretch the field: the Winger and the Wingback. Other than that, I'm not really sure;

Sorry, I was speaking about the length of the pitch rather than the width.

The more fluid the shape the closer your team stays as the ball moves up field, good for getting it upfield, but its typically slower and allows opponents to get back.  More structured shapes will have advanced players stay higher and not drop to help transition, which can create between the lines or allow them to threaten in behind depending on the roles and/or duties.

I have Play Out Of Defense as the only TI selected. Would that be enough to make the setup less prone to launching the ball forward, or would I have to play with passing range and/or tempo even though I don't have any preference when it comes to it? And I think that our most recent #10 now has the attributes to get forward;

Got to watch the game and see what those players in that tactic do.

Just to try and summarize things a bit, this would be the two systems we would be looking at?

59dcb5ca2272f_SemTtulo2.thumb.jpg.04fb3dc3770e830eae1d052a018df1a6.jpg59dcb5c881687_SemTtulo.thumb.jpg.1ab8c95866c0bf784d2b21bc2d97a6b0.jpg

Look fine to me.  Could try AP-A in the 4141.  Might want to tweak some PI's to refine but see if they're close to what you want.

Archived