4123 DM tactic

Hi all,

Im an FM fan since 2016 when i saw some Videos of FM in Youtube bought it and played over many hours (2000+) on both FM 16 and 17. 

I tried and failed to get a right tactic and due to the frustration i used the tactics of others. 

Here im really trying to build my team (i use an editor as i got bored so much and want to find the tactic for now instead of carrying on my saves with the usual use some one else's tactic) I took charge of Man City at the end of 2017 season as they are in P5 in Standings of League.

Im trying to find a 4123 setup 

here is the tactic sheet of it

20170831141706_1.jpg

this is pretty much default base of it. I took Regista(S) as the runner and CM(D) as Holder and AP (A) as Creator. All i want to make is wait and pass the ball with out wasting too many chances, the steady build up 

I thought of using AMR/L as IF but since they crowd the striker too much often times i felt to go with Advanced play makers who passes the ball to AF instead of crowding him. 

15 hours ago, ferrarinseb said:

Hi all,

Im an FM fan since 2016 when i saw some Videos of FM in Youtube bought it and played over many hours (2000+) on both FM 16 and 17. 

I tried and failed to get a right tactic and due to the frustration i used the tactics of others. 

Here im really trying to build my team (i use an editor as i got bored so much and want to find the tactic for now instead of carrying on my saves with the usual use some one else's tactic) I took charge of Man City at the end of 2017 season as they are in P5 in Standings of League.

Im trying to find a 4123 setup 

here is the tactic sheet of it

20170831141706_1.jpg

this is pretty much default base of it. I took Regista(S) as the runner and CM(D) as Holder and AP (A) as Creator. All i want to make is wait and pass the ball with out wasting too many chances, the steady build up 

I thought of using AMR/L as IF but since they crowd the striker too much often times i felt to go with Advanced play makers who passes the ball to AF instead of crowding him. 

Hey friend,

I'm a bit new to this forum but I think I've posted a 4123 formation that I coined from studying the setup of a pep system and that of mourinho with present day Manchester United.

Firstly,I understand that with too many playmakers comes the conflict of "who dictates tempo,gets the early ball from teammates to initiate attacks and drives at opponents defence to deliver that accurate killer ball".

Then there's the General attribute which all or better still most of your players should have...namely teamwork ,passing,technique,dribbling to name a few.in your case...city is ideal.Then there's the training and finally,the defence setup.

Complete Wing backs (attack):like pep & mou,I love exciting attacking wingbacks.Marcelo,kurzawa,henrichs to name a few good ones.and its good to get them at both ends.they'll offer width and creativity.though they'll loose the ball often,but your pressing and team shape will help in recoveries.

Centerbacks:strength,marking,tackling,heading to name but few key attributes needed here.a good ball playing centre back should be available in your pairing.

Pi:ease of tackles.

Ppm:Mark tightly.

Halfback (dm):The "busquets-carrick" position that allows you to unleash your fullbacks.like a make shift 3rd cb that encourages a 3-4-3 when in attack and you can either prioritize technicality here as in the case of Ruben neves,Lucas Silva and adrien or go for brutality as in that of khedira and javi Martinez.positioning teamwork marking tackling anticipation strength balance are stats to look out for.vision is also important.

Pi:shoot less often.

Ppm:stay back at all times.stop play.switch possession.

Roaming playmaker (cm)/cm (support):when I think of this role,Paul Pogba,Luka modric,kovacic,iniesta all come to mind.can do all things in the middle.bit of a creative b2b mf that should be allowed every room to dictate and run the show in the middle.

Pi :shoot more often.move into channels.

Ppm:dictate tempo.killer balls.come deep

Box to box(s):one of the most important roles in fm I suppose.an improvement to the ball wining midfielder role.work rate of a horse ready to arrive late at opposition area and also help at the back in hassling for balls.converting good ball winning mfs here can help also.

Pi:move into channels.get further forward.

Ppm:arrive late.simple passes.

Advanced playmaker (att):usually coupled with my b2b mf is the man the entire formation is built around.selfless creator who'll seek to bring all my attacking warriors together.ozil,pjanic,Sanchez Willian,Silva....converting natural roaming playmakers (dele alli lemina Lewis cook Oberlin pineda) here would also prove beneficial.Teamwork of 14 and above is necessary here and that's why I removed debruyne from my list.lesser teamwork means a lot of misplaced passes and unnecessary dribbles.vision determination passing crossing are all other stats to be desired.

Pi:sit narrower.roam from position.get forward.

Ppm:killer balls.cut from both wings.dictate tempo.

Raudmeteur(att):poacher,second striker...whatever you want to call him.very ideal in the modern game as he has the duty of roaming to find spaces in the 6 yard area where he can make decisions that can change the scope of the game.training a striker in this role will be amazing as your chances of scoring increases.usually coupled with a roaming playmaker.amazing mental and finishing stats necessary.

Ppm:switch possession.one two's.

Advanced forward(att):why not a complete forward?.surely with a raudmeteur you should play a striker that comes deep and dribbles to open space for him.well I disagree.I think a strong,pacy,technical finisher of a player is required to battle defences and stretch them to allow for space for the raudmeteur to operate.

Pi:roam.

Ppm:run through center.one two's.move into channels.

Sweeper keeper (att/def/supp):whichever your keeper can perform best.

Pi:distribute to fullbacks.slow down tempo.

Team instructions.

Retain possession,pass out of defence & mixed passing as you want to build from the back with simple passes.

Higher tempo,be more expressive,dribble more & look fro overlap to make for an exciting game play and break hard defences down.

Much higher defensive line,close down more,Mark tighter,prevent short keeper distribution & balanced width keeps a proper defensive shape.

Note:1.Against very defensive teams,itll be ideal to increase tempo and width to wider to stretch the defense and change your b2b mf to a cm (att) to add the extra man in the box.

2.learn how to set opposition instruction.there are guides I got from the net.it's very crucial.

3.always rotate when possible.

4.Training should be more on tactics pre season and fitness and very high intensity.Follow this up when you see substantial progress by changing fitness to team cohesion.then finally, when there is full understanding of tactic,you rotate,weekly,2x tactics,2x attacking,ball control, defending.

I hope I have given you something to at least build upon.Blessings my friend😊.

53 minutes ago, denen123 said:

Hey friend,

I'm a bit new to this forum but I think I've posted a 4123 formation that I coined from studying the setup of a pep system and that of mourinho with present day Manchester United.

Firstly,I understand that with too many playmakers comes the conflict of "who dictates tempo,gets the early ball from teammates to initiate attacks and drives at opponents defence to deliver that accurate killer ball".

Then there's the General attribute which all or better still most of your players should have...namely teamwork ,passing,technique,dribbling to name a few.in your case...city is ideal.Then there's the training and finally,the defence setup.

Complete Wing backs (attack):like pep & mou,I love exciting attacking wingbacks.Marcelo,kurzawa,henrichs to name a few good ones.and its good to get them at both ends.they'll offer width and creativity.though they'll loose the ball often,but your pressing and team shape will help in recoveries.

Centerbacks:strength,marking,tackling,heading to name but few key attributes needed here.a good ball playing centre back should be available in your pairing.

Pi:ease of tackles.

Ppm:Mark tightly.

Halfback (dm):The "busquets-carrick" position that allows you to unleash your fullbacks.like a make shift 3rd cb that encourages a 3-4-3 when in attack and you can either prioritize technicality here as in the case of Ruben neves,Lucas Silva and adrien or go for brutality as in that of khedira and javi Martinez.positioning teamwork marking tackling anticipation strength balance are stats to look out for.vision is also important.

Pi:shoot less often.

Ppm:stay back at all times.stop play.switch possession.

Roaming playmaker (cm)/cm (support):when I think of this role,Paul Pogba,Luka modric,kovacic,iniesta all come to mind.can do all things in the middle.bit of a creative b2b mf that should be allowed every room to dictate and run the show in the middle.

Pi :shoot more often.move into channels.

Ppm:dictate tempo.killer balls.come deep

Box to box(s):one of the most important roles in fm I suppose.an improvement to the ball wining midfielder role.work rate of a horse ready to arrive late at opposition area and also help at the back in hassling for balls.converting good ball winning mfs here can help also.

Pi:move into channels.get further forward.

Ppm:arrive late.simple passes.

Advanced playmaker (att):usually coupled with my b2b mf is the man the entire formation is built around.selfless creator who'll seek to bring all my attacking warriors together.ozil,pjanic,Sanchez Willian,Silva....converting natural roaming playmakers (dele alli lemina Lewis cook Oberlin pineda) here would also prove beneficial.Teamwork of 14 and above is necessary here and that's why I removed debruyne from my list.lesser teamwork means a lot of misplaced passes and unnecessary dribbles.vision determination passing crossing are all other stats to be desired.

Pi:sit narrower.roam from position.get forward.

Ppm:killer balls.cut from both wings.dictate tempo.

Raudmeteur(att):poacher,second striker...whatever you want to call him.very ideal in the modern game as he has the duty of roaming to find spaces in the 6 yard area where he can make decisions that can change the scope of the game.training a striker in this role will be amazing as your chances of scoring increases.usually coupled with a roaming playmaker.amazing mental and finishing stats necessary.

Ppm:switch possession.one two's.

Advanced forward(att):why not a complete forward?.surely with a raudmeteur you should play a striker that comes deep and dribbles to open space for him.well I disagree.I think a strong,pacy,technical finisher of a player is required to battle defences and stretch them to allow for space for the raudmeteur to operate.

Pi:roam.

Ppm:run through center.one two's.move into channels.

Sweeper keeper (att/def/supp):whichever your keeper can perform best.

Pi:distribute to fullbacks.slow down tempo.

Team instructions.

Retain possession,pass out of defence & mixed passing as you want to build from the back with simple passes.

Higher tempo,be more expressive,dribble more & look fro overlap to make for an exciting game play and break hard defences down.

Much higher defensive line,close down more,Mark tighter,prevent short keeper distribution & balanced width keeps a proper defensive shape.

Note:1.Against very defensive teams,itll be ideal to increase tempo and width to wider to stretch the defense and change your b2b mf to a cm (att) to add the extra man in the box.

2.learn how to set opposition instruction.there are guides I got from the net.it's very crucial.

3.always rotate when possible.

4.Training should be more on tactics pre season and fitness and very high intensity.Follow this up when you see substantial progress by changing fitness to team cohesion.then finally, when there is full understanding of tactic,you rotate,weekly,2x tactics,2x attacking,ball control, defending.

I hope I have given you something to at least build upon.Blessings my friend😊.

Thanks for the input mate. 

Im not too sure earlier about using IF's instead of AP's as when i tried they crowded themselves and made the chances wasted hence i decided to use AP's in the view of atleast the striker might get some chances to put it back instead of every one crowding for ball and loosing it any way. 

This is my squad when i took over City and the tactic as you stated still needed to train PPM's though for some.

Will give the formation a try in pre season matches and tell you about how it goes . 

20170901074810_1.jpg

20170901074814_1.jpg

20170901074909_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

Thanks for the input mate. 

Im not too sure earlier about using IF's instead of AP's as when i tried they crowded themselves and made the chances wasted hence i decided to use AP's in the view of atleast the striker might get some chances to put it back instead of every one crowding for ball and loosing it any way. 

This is my squad when i took over City and the tactic as you stated still needed to train PPM's though for some.

Will give the formation a try in pre season matches and tell you about how it goes . 

20170901074810_1.jpg

20170901074814_1.jpg

20170901074909_1.jpg

No problem man.

Play it with 

Mentality: control

Shape : Very fluid.

And do tell me of your observations.I am working on a 4231 tactic so it'll be cool if I got your update.Blessings👍

2 minutes ago, denen123 said:

No problem man.

Play it with 

And do tell me of your observations.I am working on a 4231 tactic so it'll be cool if I got your update.Blessings👍

And add "pass to space" to exploit the spaces.

On 9/1/2017 at 08:12, denen123 said:

No problem man.

Play it with 

Sorry for delayed reply. Was busy with weekend

This is what i did so far , I play with full match of 90 mins to see how the team entirely play the match instead of watching selected highlights which is also one of the reason why i didn't tried this earlier in the weekend.

So back to points. I used to heal the players via editor to see how they perform with out any worries about match and physical fitness to see how they fully perform for a tactic

This is my first match with FC Basel

.20170904104532_1.thumb.jpg.aae994daa2bb3b389a788141a615284a.jpg

20170904104541_1.thumb.jpg.0a0d1c3468e09784944d92f05a9f63c4.jpg

and 2nd against Belediyespor in pre season matches i played so far

20170904104418_1.thumb.jpg.66270e6d0da1bdb0e81bff38d7b8ee6e.jpg

20170904104421_1.thumb.jpg.612cacd9b90d90b5a9399a523d44a9d5.jpg

20170904104428_1.thumb.jpg.4123156af2516012b6a085d5877f7ce0.jpg

Points i noted down ( I didn't used any OI for these two matches just to see how the players get on )

1. 4-1-2-3 in defense Formation is changing to 3-4-3 when we have the ball and starting the attacking.

2. Good Possession and clear cut chances 

3. Most importantly striker is getting the ball quite more often as well.

4. Passing is excellent they are constructing the pace via passes very quickly and accurately most of time (Though i expect that might change when i face tough matches in competitive matches i feel the passing standard atleast stays with less accuracy)

5. I was only loosing the ball in 2 areas CWB/ AP trying for runs particularly Danillo (LB) and Bernardo Silva(AP) they rush for dribbles and loose the ball and Crosses. Only one cross in 10-15 cross is connecting i tried with all 3 options but they are consistently loosing the ball through crosses

6. At the late stage of matches (70-90 mins) the counter attacks are really coming together for oppositions they are trying to cross well or having killer passes which puts the pressure quite a lot (which is again might be where the game might result loss/ draw in competitive fixtures)

7. Areas where the ball lost are penalty box with crosses most of time and right and left flanks of opposition with players attempting to dribble more and losing in tackles.

8. This is might be due to city but in this setup i cant be quite sure where to put Kevin in this , i tried him as Raumdetur against Basel and RPM against Belediyespor he was ok in both but he lacked what Diaz did vs basel when i played him as RPM. He was quite good and decisive in passing despite it being entirely new role for him vs Kevin who was not fully natural in RPM but accomplished still lacked that decisiveness though he gave one assist from the free kick which gave otamendi goal with a header in penalty box .

9. I think the dribbling and poor crossing might be due to the tactic is still being young in the team and as they get used to it they might iron out these issues. but the late stage counter attacking is what some what worries me as it happened in almost every tactic i used. The crosses of AI team is quite spot on and they can score with only one chance. So using the OI by closing down the wingers / wing backs might help to reduce it. 

will post more when i finished my Pre season matches and first competitive match against Arsenal.

P.S: Sorry for my Bad English usage as it wasn't my first language 

8 hours ago, ferrarinseb said:

Sorry for delayed reply. Was busy with weekend

This is what i did so far , I play with full match of 90 mins to see how the team entirely play the match instead of watching selected highlights which is also one of the reason why i didn't tried this earlier in the weekend.

So back to points. I used to heal the players via editor to see how they perform with out any worries about match and physical fitness to see how they fully perform for a tactic

This is my first match with FC Basel

.20170904104532_1.thumb.jpg.aae994daa2bb3b389a788141a615284a.jpg

20170904104541_1.thumb.jpg.0a0d1c3468e09784944d92f05a9f63c4.jpg

and 2nd against Belediyespor in pre season matches i played so far

20170904104418_1.thumb.jpg.66270e6d0da1bdb0e81bff38d7b8ee6e.jpg

20170904104421_1.thumb.jpg.612cacd9b90d90b5a9399a523d44a9d5.jpg

20170904104428_1.thumb.jpg.4123156af2516012b6a085d5877f7ce0.jpg

Points i noted down ( I didn't used any OI for these two matches just to see how the players get on )

1. 4-1-2-3 in defense Formation is changing to 3-4-3 when we have the ball and starting the attacking.

2. Good Possession and clear cut chances 

3. Most importantly striker is getting the ball quite more often as well.

4. Passing is excellent they are constructing the pace via passes very quickly and accurately most of time (Though i expect that might change when i face tough matches in competitive matches i feel the passing standard atleast stays with less accuracy)

5. I was only loosing the ball in 2 areas CWB/ AP trying for runs particularly Danillo (LB) and Bernardo Silva(AP) they rush for dribbles and loose the ball and Crosses. Only one cross in 10-15 cross is connecting i tried with all 3 options but they are consistently loosing the ball through crosses

6. At the late stage of matches (70-90 mins) the counter attacks are really coming together for oppositions they are trying to cross well or having killer passes which puts the pressure quite a lot (which is again might be where the game might result loss/ draw in competitive fixtures)

7. Areas where the ball lost are penalty box with crosses most of time and right and left flanks of opposition with players attempting to dribble more and losing in tackles.

8. This is might be due to city but in this setup i cant be quite sure where to put Kevin in this , i tried him as Raumdetur against Basel and RPM against Belediyespor he was ok in both but he lacked what Diaz did vs basel when i played him as RPM. He was quite good and decisive in passing despite it being entirely new role for him vs Kevin who was not fully natural in RPM but accomplished still lacked that decisiveness though he gave one assist from the free kick which gave otamendi goal with a header in penalty box .

9. I think the dribbling and poor crossing might be due to the tactic is still being young in the team and as they get used to it they might iron out these issues. but the late stage counter attacking is what some what worries me as it happened in almost every tactic i used. The crosses of AI team is quite spot on and they can score with only one chance. So using the OI by closing down the wingers / wing backs might help to reduce it. 

will post more when i finished my Pre season matches and first competitive match against Arsenal.

P.S: Sorry for my Bad English usage as it wasn't my first language 

No problem my friend,I actually got your review very well😊.

I also had problems with the counter attacks until I worked on the oi.I actually got a tutorial on "how to mark opponents" by a good mate and did some research online.it really reduces the effect of the counter attacks which is very dangerous as your fullback areas are often open and the formation does not provide for a proper ball winning mf.

1.I noticed that your AP (bernado silva) is played alongside your Roaming playmaker(King KDB.😁.Sorry,I'm just a huge fan of the man).I think this is not really Ideal as a lot of conflict might occur and it'll be nice for your raudmeteur to be involved on the game a bit.switch the box to box position to that of the roaming playmaker to accommodate this.

Swk(a/s/d)

Cwb(a)   CD(d) BPD (d)   cwb(a)

HB(d)

BBM(s)    RPM(s)

AP(a)                                RMD(a)

AF(a)

2.I noticed in both games that you had a lot of shots and very very few(in comparison) shots on target.in setting up this formation,I wanted to exploit the games crossing/play that actually works well for the AI(far better if I may add😊).I noticed that wingers have better crossing stats though,so it might be important to do some converting in that area. (Sane can be a good fullback option).

3.is Gundogan a good box to box option?maybe a top notch RPM but against the big boys,a lot of pressure will be on your halfback if you can't win tackles in the centre of the pitch.

4.never really tried the "dribble less" instruction.it should minimize alot of unnecessary dribbles,but I guess the players positional PI will still conflict with this.

5. Play the game on "Control" mentality and "Very fluid" team shape to dictate the flow of games better and maybe "pass to space"(optional but effective due To alot of roamers in the team).

Thank you for the review.😊😊

My 4-2-3-1 formation is taking shape.with your review,I can see a proper finish to it.awaiting more reviews with this new talk.

Good luck against arsene's men😊.Blessings.

5 minutes ago, denen123 said:

No problem my friend,I actually got your review very well😊.

I also had problems with the counter attacks until I worked on the oi.I actually got a tutorial on "how to mark opponents" by a good mate and did some research online.it really reduces the effect of the counter attacks which is very dangerous as your fullback areas are often open and the formation does not provide for a proper ball winning mf.

1.I noticed that your AP (bernado silva) is played alongside your Roaming playmaker(King KDB.😁.Sorry,I'm just a huge fan of the man).I think this is not really Ideal as a lot of conflict might occur and it'll be nice for your raudmeteur to be involved on the game a bit.switch the box to box position to that of the roaming playmaker to accommodate this.

Swk(a/s/d)

Cwb(a)   CD(d) BPD (d)   cwb(a)

HB(d)

BBM(s)    RPM(s)

AP(a)                                RMD(a)

AF(a)

2.I noticed in both games that you had a lot of shots and very very few(in comparison) shots on target.in setting up this formation,I wanted to exploit the games crossing/play that actually works well for the AI(far better if I may add😊).I noticed that wingers have better crossing stats though,so it might be important to do some converting in that area. (Sane can be a good fullback option).

3.is Gundogan a good box to box option?maybe a top notch RPM but against the big boys,a lot of pressure will be on your halfback if you can't win tackles in the centre of the pitch.

4.never really tried the "dribble less" instruction.it should minimize alot of unnecessary dribbles,but I guess the players positional PI will still conflict with this.

5. Play the game on "Control" mentality and "Very fluid" team shape to dictate the flow of games better and maybe "pass to space"(optional but effective due To alot of roamers in the team).

Thank you for the review.😊😊

My 4-2-3-1 formation is taking shape.with your review,I can see a proper finish to it.awaiting more reviews with this new talk.

Good luck against arsene's men😊.Blessings.

Maybe changing your "RPM (s) to "CM (s)"might also help.Good mate of mine here said he had good results with it.

PI:hold position.

Bless.😊

11 minutes ago, denen123 said:

Maybe changing your "RPM (s) to "CM (s)"might also help.Good mate of mine here said he had good results with it.

Bless.😊

Problem here is no one in the team is a true RPM/ BBM. they fill the role between accomplished and Complete. I will try with CM(S) with Kevin in OL Match to see how it works. I think you are right Sane can be Good Rb never felt he was good at either of AMR/L compared to likes of others in the club.

I agree with many shots but less to show up. In the good side most of them in the box which isn't possible as most of my players used to shoot from where they get the ball from the penalty box area and slightly behind that which made it even worse in terms of stats (some 30 shots with 2 on target).  

What OI should i give i will test that with OL match any suggestions i generally set Weaker foot to strikers/ AMC and closing down hard to wingers/ Full backs.

Also yes AP (A) has Dribble more on default and having Silva on that means he dribbles quite alot more and unnecessarily gives up positions. I also thinking to give cross less option to all the wide players that i feel might help with crossing poorly and wasting the possession 

16 minutes ago, denen123 said:

Bless.😊

Are you sure that we should give CM(S) the hold position when we are effectively replacing the opposite (RPM)

20170904202746_1.thumb.jpg.5624e2c04285ad2189b79848a312cb08.jpg

1 hour ago, ferrarinseb said:

Are you sure that we should give CM(S) the hold position when we are effectively replacing the opposite (RPM)

20170904202746_1.thumb.jpg.5624e2c04285ad2189b79848a312cb08.jpg

I'm always trying to learn on this game and there was a time it really upset me that I conceded a lot of goals and most were crosses.but I good mate of mine helped me out.

THINGS TO CONSIDER.
1.CREATIVITY: 

ON BOTH GENERAL AND SPECIFIC VIEWS

Teamwork Vision Passing Crossing Finishing are all attributes to consider.14+ signifies good.below signifies bad.note:if any of the attributes is 14+ then the player is creative.he is a threat😠

2.Pace+Acceleration: ON A SPECIFIC VIEW: 
comparing and contrasting these two attributes,between your player & that of the opposing player, will accommodate you using slower players at fullback areas,especially if they are legends and you cannot afford to loose their attacking play. (Had a problem using lahm and dickman as both were slow,the latter had potential to be pacy but started slowly).I'm not an expert at telling which of pace or acceleration should be a pedestal for who is faster.so I sum both of them.If the sum of my player is the same,greater than by only one or less than that of the opposing player,then I click "never"
On the tight marking bar. 
If his sum is greater than that of the opposing player by at least 2 then I tight mark.

ON A GENERAL SCOPE: fast players have pace,acceleration or both on 15+.

Players that are all speed and no creativity,closing down intensity should be "Normal".creative players should be closed down "Hard".

If a players preferred foot says "Right only or Left only" you close/select "Left or right(specific)".when preferred foot is "right or left" then choose "weaker foot" option.For "either" you choose "either".

SETTING OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS ON TACTICAL SCREEN/POSITIONAL MARKING:

Before you start a game/match this should be done on your tactic screen(OI)

When creating a tactic,this should also be done.it is stressful,but it should be done so that when you want to now enter into a game proper,you'll only alter specifics. (Select all option or rundown is not available here,so your finger will hurt.ouch😧).

The layout is usually
(1)Tight marking-(2)closing down-(3)closing down intensity-(4)weaker foot.

STC/STLC/STRC
(2)Always-(3)Hard-(4)weaker 

WINGERS/WIDE MF/AMC/WINGBACKS:
(1)Always-(2)Always-(3)Hard-(4)weaker foot.

CM/DM/AMCR/AMCL/CB/FULLBACKS/Keeper:

(2)Always-(3)Hard-(4)weaker foot.

MARKING DURING THE GAME/SPECIFIC PLAYER MARKING:

This happens during the game as you are offered the opportunity to mark out opposition given the formation presented.
First you must know who is marking who.
Your wingers usually challenge the wingbacks,fullbacks or wide midfielders of the opposition.

While your fullbacks usually callenge the opposition's wingers.

Your centre backs usually mark the centre backs(do not forget,your holding midfielder is like a 3rd CB,he usually marks the STCR or the opposing CAM.always tight mark CAM and never ever ever tight mark a striker,even if your CBs are faster than him by a large margin.If they are slower,however,put it on "never".)

If you have read the top of this write-up,you'll find it easy to mark opponents specifically.

Watch out for substitutions too,to know if you should alter specifics,or leave the positional to operate.If you do no alter the specific marking,the positional marking (which you have set from your game tactic screen,before the game/match) will operate.

Any problems you have you can ask me.

God Bless you my friend😊

Before the match i assigned the OI in tactic menu as you stated

20170905081657_1.thumb.jpg.afd23affdc555ba31d33629649341748.jpg

The Match Vs OL 

These are the OI's by the end of match 

20170905095517_1.thumb.jpg.ea78df8e5791213a21901415c615ea98.jpg

20170905095921_1.thumb.jpg.26c622fadcb10bdb0538ca6f6af12de4.jpg  

20170905095934_1.thumb.jpg.9d1a60f3f2949ca02b72d1b4323c8e98.jpg

Points i noted down 

1. I felt that the balance i saw in the previous matches isn't there at all. They are too aggressive than the same tactic with out any OI's or facing the same formation hindered the chances we create normally made them slightly more aggressive in their Pursuit to find spaces. Until i cleared the Positional OI and left with only player OI the players ran and tried too hard and made fouls and left ball possession squandering. 

2. Might be due to OI's or opposition formation the cross number gone very low 

3. Since there aren't any crosses coming to box and all the shots are off target i decided to use Work the ball into box then only Aguero Scored twice. Which brought the team some what into balance but still not ideal if i take the past 2 games into consideration where there aren't many fouls and yellow cards 

4. The counter attack of AI when they go for offensive(stated in the text area) is too much for the team they barely held them off. 

5. Again Silva with AP(A) just dribble more and loose the ball and De Bruyne i feel isn't fit for the roles in the tactic be it CM(S)/ CM(A)/RPM , need to train him as Raumdetuer or AP

6. The passing is almost spot on until players got tired then the interceptions are missing and they are making passes direct into opposition which is why i decided to field entire subs after 70 mins 

Did i set the Positional OI correct , I will clear the Positional OI before match starts and setup with only Player OI for next match to see how they fare. 

Okay I see.

1.balancing out the midfield with attack might be worth considering seeing as there are alot of attackers and less in the midfield.

Maybe use a CWB(s) to partner with the Raumdeteur (I never really know the full spelling).Maybe PI :cut inside with ball.

2.I never touch specific instructions of the opposing fullbacks as I always aim for aggression against them regardless.I concentrate more on wide players and strikers.

3.I noticed the instruction against CB's were "normal" on intensity.leave it on hard.

4.Memphis Depay has some level of passing,so why close him on "normal"?.as long as any of passing teamwork crossing vision or finishing is 14+ then I always leave it o  "Hard".

5.To break down teams,I've employed 13 instructions in the past but I offer 9 to people to see how it may balance out and then workout ways to improve my other developing formations.

Retain possession.

Mixed passing.

Prevent shorter keeper distribution 

Tight marking

Highest defensive line.

Offside trap.

More expressive.

Roam from position 

Run at defence.

Pass to space.

Look for overlap.

Close down much more/more.

High tempo.

"Pass to space will make use of your roamers".

Very fluid shape will engage your entire team in both defence and attack phases.I love the halfback role,but FM has made a bad move in not providing the split when passing from the back.The defenders usually come narrow to cloug the middle which is not ideal when passing out.Very fluid should be used alongside control mentality

This will improve your crossing and attacking play significantly.I'm rushing this on my way to work so I apologise.

6.Your centre backs are more or less tracking your strikers.for a two striker case,the right Is challenging your left and the left, your right.comparison should be done accordingly.to see who marks who you can click on the player during the game and check "mark specifically opponent bar".whoever name shows up in the enclosed,top bar,is the man that us being challenged.

7.I'm seeing alot of issues I had with this,so I'm glad you were able to try this out.

8.the way you set up positional is spot on.it's the specifics during the game that you might need to read on more.this is needed so your slower but top,notch CB's or all players in General ,don't get caught out.

9. formations take time to work though,be on a watch for the "closing down" familiarity to know if the marking is becoming fluid.

10.on attacking duty,I think the AP will most likely loose the ball often,from the wing.firstly even as he sits narrow he is still bound to commit centrebacks and fullbacks and on risky passes in the final third,he is bound to cause loose balls.I've  considered leaving him on PI:roam and get forward.It worked in my FM12 saves where he'll act like a winger sought of and then cut inside to drive in killer balls.

11.i suspect that David Silva uses left though,and if he does then maybe play the entire formation to get him cutting inside on his left.

If he uses left,

AF 

RMD                         AP(D.silva)

So  he'll cut inside from the right,much like an inside forward and wig a player like Silva,the rest is piece of cake.This will do alot of good as I've used coutinho & panic here in an FM16 load and it was profitable.whether he uses eithe or not,is not really the issue.get him playing where he can double as inside forward and AP as tops.

If he uses left foot,play on the right flank,if he uses right foot,then play on the left.play to his inside forward potential.

I know it'll pay off now.👍👍

Good luck and blessings man.meeting about to start.

I left Depay out on normal because when i hard closed him down he was escaping from the man but on normal he was getting restricted (forgot to add that)

Bernardo works much better at AP(S) which forces me to use David Silva as RMD unless i swap Bernardo to Kevin's place and giving Kevin the AP. The major problem is no one is entirely fluid in the roles here in setup. 

Will try your suggestions against upcoming fixtures. I think we are getting close but still need alot of tweaking is required to get it to the level. Most importantly Kevin unable to perform where Diaz just performs so much at ease i guess the pressure of interest is hurting his performances. This game has interesting things to work with though:) 

9 hours ago, ferrarinseb said:

I left Depay out on normal because when i hard closed him down he was escaping from the man but on normal he was getting restricted (forgot to add that)

Bernardo works much better at AP(S) which forces me to use David Silva as RMD unless i swap Bernardo to Kevin's place and giving Kevin the AP. The major problem is no one is entirely fluid in the roles here in setup. 

Will try your suggestions against upcoming fixtures. I think we are getting close but still need alot of tweaking is required to get it to the level. Most importantly Kevin unable to perform where Diaz just performs so much at ease i guess the pressure of interest is hurting his performances. This game has interesting things to work with though:) 

Haven't had time to play the game more.But I'll make time so I can work on the new formation and make iterations on newer ones.

1.someone gave me alot of advice however and I'll just drop it here.He said my AP will work more in getting players into the game if there's a runner in the middle.CM (a) I guess.may be pair him up with a CM (s).it's a fair point especially if the CM (s) gets the PI:hold position and CM (a) is allowed to shoot alot and move into channels.also advices on an IF (s) with PI:roam and stay wider to stretch opponents and give room for the CWB (s) to operate.then the initial 9 instructions you had,he said just take off look for overlap and add pass to space.then finally all CWB (a) should be CWB (s) with PI:cut inside.

Swk(d/a/s)

Cwb (s)       CD   CD       CWB (s)

Hb (d)

Cm (s)       cm (a)

If (s)                                     Ap (a)

Af (a)

It is valid but I'll find out results in a few weeks and send my views and maybe you do too

2.Back to our initial formation.yes when you have your results you tell me.I don't like 10-13 instructions as I think its too much and players my just get too worked up about it (how I feel my friends😊),and this forum is where I want to learn to simplify instructions.await your updates.

Blessings 👍

On 9/5/2017 at 23:40, denen123 said:

Haven't had time to play the game more.But I'll make time so I can work on the new formation and make iterations on newer ones.

1.someone gave me alot of advice however and I'll just drop it here.He said my AP will work more in getting players into the game if there's a runner in the middle.CM (a) I guess.may be pair him up with a CM (s).it's a fair point especially if the CM (s) gets the PI:hold position and CM (a) is allowed to shoot alot and move into channels.also advices on an IF (s) with PI:roam and stay wider to stretch opponents and give room for the CWB (s) to operate.then the initial 9 instructions you had,he said just take off look for overlap and add pass to space.then finally all CWB (a) should be CWB (s) with PI:cut inside.

Swk(d/a/s)

Cwb (s)       CD   CD       CWB (s)

Hb (d)

Cm (s)       cm (a)

If (s)                                     Ap (a)

Af (a)

It is valid but I'll find out results in a few weeks and send my views and maybe you do too

2.Back to our initial formation.yes when you have your results you tell me.I don't like 10-13 instructions as I think its too much and players my just get too worked up about it (how I feel my friends😊),and this forum is where I want to learn to simplify instructions.await your updates.

Blessings 👍

With this set the big problem is that the Entire Area of Penalty box is getting crowded and chances go begging. I think its either control mentality or the Roles we are choosing. I tried the same with IF(S) on Left wing with AP(A) on right wing with AF/DLF/CF with A and DLF/CF with S It just gets crowded, Some thing just doesn't work when they come to attack. I Also feel having more tactic fluidity means players understand what to do hence they are coming into zones which they didnt at earlier stages gave a good balance in attack but as soon as it coming for them they are going off the balance we felt at early point and the real problem of Tactic arises :( 

In Defense and mid field transitions they work better as usual its just when we are attacking , they run unnecessarily or shoot unnecessarily wasting chances and loosing possession. 

Sorry for pretty much delayed reply had a lot of work 

My good friend.I'm apologise for not responding earlier.personal issue.
I would suggest you take a look at the articles suggested by @o-ozil to fully understand how to play FM and use fewer instructions to achieve great playing styles and results.I was able to see the loopholes in my tactics here. Check the link below and read on all his other suggested articles (especially the cruyf article:

Pep's Barcelona (Very Fluid) - Tactics, Training & Strategies Discussion - Sports Interactive Community
https://community.sigames.com/topic/397755-peps-barcelona-very-fluid/

And 

How to Play FM: A Twelve Step Guide - Tactics, Training & Strategies Discussion - Sports Interactive Community
https://community.sigames.com/topic/295001-how-to-play-fm-a-twelve-step-guide/

So a good 4-3-3 should probably take a solid look of 

Sk (su)
Wb(a)    Cd (d)    cd (d)       Wb (a)

Cm (s)  dlp (d)   Cm (s)

If (a)                                     if (a)

F9 (s)

If(a) PI :stay wider.

Dlp (d) PI : close down much less,
Reason is to achieve zonal marking so the winning of the ball is stretched across the pitch.

Sk (su) PI:distribute quickly.

Control Fluid.(you'll understand when you go through the suggested articles.)

Team instructions 

Mixed passing.
Mark tighter.
Pass to space.
Play out of defence.
Low crosses.
Close down more.

Mark out the wide players and strikers using my previous guide.

I can imagine the present Liverpool side on this though with Bobby as F9.

This should work because you have gundogan and De bruyne that can play cm (s).

Work rate is desirable here though as there's really no difference with a box to box MF here but for higher technicality required(wijnaldum is certainly no kante,but there is a common work rate and mental attributes.)

I wanted to achieve something new and that's why I over experimented.a more cautious approach has been taken here😊.

God Bless my friend.👍

More updates👌

9 hours ago, ferrarinseb said:

As i told you already this is from the MUFC  save will test this later in MCFC

20170914071107_1.thumb.jpg.ef0a5f22fe2f9a87577c6fd75a4e5d53.jpg20170914071103_1.thumb.jpg.6669261110138e2f624bbbb8aae77829.jpg

The way they moved the ball around is much better. Still i think we can continue with this and improving as the matches go. I only marked DR/L and MR/L showing the striker weaker foot.

Yhhh.

1.I noticed you're having a good day at defence from the above.22 shots to zero. (Its the reason I hate using IF (a).unnecessary shooting.but if they're natural strikers like your setup with martial there it'll be good.Also I think its because its west brom.

2.illd suggest you adjust the defensive line to slightly deeper to draw out compact or defensively sound teams.if you face athletico or spurs,you'll get my point.west brom scoreline would've been more if this happened.invite them in,then go for the kill.

3.I've never liked using this and my 4-4-2 diamond because it usually was the "easy way out" and I never really understood it to be fair,intill now.it's why I was working on my 4-5-1.I love using Target men,advanced forwards and defensive forwards(call me old school,but the idea of a big strong man stretching opponents center halls just gives me goosebumps😂😂) and im looking for a way to get me one in my 4-5-1 format.

4.Lukaku as false nine?.can he dribble?whats his passing range?determination,flair,First touch (😂😂im a united,and we always get the stick for this),Technique?.Get Dybala!!Get Dybala!!!.That's the most important role in your team and you give Shikaku?.his passing would come from his target man set up,with flicks and small touches,but against "men" he might falter.

My up in your game is the passing percentage,82%,maybe when you get a lukaku replacement,then there will be an up.

Good to see progress,get henrichs or convert a "total player" in that right back role.Valencia does not cut it for me.read more on @o-ozil posts and please more updates.

BLESSINGS FRIEND👍.

10 minutes ago, denen123 said:

Yhhh.

1.I noticed you're having a good day at defence from the above.22 shots to zero. (Its the reason I hate using IF (a).unnecessary shooting.but if they're natural strikers like your setup with martial there it'll be good.Also I think its because its west brom.

2.illd suggest you adjust the defensive line to slightly deeper to draw out compact or defensively sound teams.if you face athletico or spurs,you'll get my point.west brom scoreline would've been more if this happened.invite them in,then go for the kill.

3.I've never liked using this and my 4-4-2 diamond because it usually was the "easy way out" and I never really understood it to be fair,intill now.it's why I was working on my 4-5-1.I love using Target men,advanced forwards and defensive forwards(call me old school,but the idea of a big strong man stretching opponents center halls just gives me goosebumps😂😂) and im looking for a way to get me one in my 4-5-1 format.

4.Lukaku as false nine?.can he dribble?whats his passing range?determination,flair,First touch (😂😂im a united,and we always get the stick for this),Technique?.Get Dybala!!Get Dybala!!!.That's the most important role in your team and you give Shikaku?.his passing would come from his target man set up,with flicks and small touches,but against "men" he might falter.

My up in your game is the passing percentage,82%,maybe when you get a lukaku replacement,then there will be an up.

Good to see progress,get henrichs or convert a "total player" in that right back role.Valencia does not cut it for me.read more on @o-ozil posts and please more updates.

BLESSINGS FRIEND👍.

Check PM when you can buddy.

I will try your suggestions in next match. About 22 most of them are Free kicks which flew past the bar. But at Away when the tactic is familiar with other teams its getting hard to get goal chances 

My entire forwards decided to have a off day i believe. the Away matches always made the life a bit harder than i liked to be. But some times in season this sort of things happens.

Will try to push defensive line deep. 

20170914173521_1.thumb.jpg.131410f079635e4da3d4048c2c0b9946.jpg20170914173523_1.thumb.jpg.c5c3854b2eb72a801cfc5a92d5d3ddb4.jpg

6 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

Check PM when you can buddy.

I will try your suggestions in next match. About 22 most of them are Free kicks which flew past the bar. But at Away when the tactic is familiar with other teams its getting hard to get goal chances 

My entire forwards decided to have a off day i believe. the Away matches always made the life a bit harder than i liked to be. But some times in season this sort of things happens.

Will try to push defensive line deep. 

20170914173521_1.thumb.jpg.131410f079635e4da3d4048c2c0b9946.jpg20170914173523_1.thumb.jpg.c5c3854b2eb72a801cfc5a92d5d3ddb4.jpg

Yhhhh.

It's a reasonable twitch I often used.(play wider and increasing the tempo to higher) also came up during those times.Lukaku lacks alot to be your F9.maybe give him the Cf (s) role will improve it.even that makes me rethink.I always used dribblers and creative men there.

Richairo zivkovic

Gabriel Barbosa

Malcom 

Leo.

To name but a few.But in further matches,let's see how it goes.

Against bigger teams too I always make the twitch.but against teams I ought to be destroying or teams I'm having "19-0" on shots, I compress with higher defensive line and offside trap.making sure my CB's are marking those strikers well.Bailey and Jones have pace so no problem tracking back.*look for overlap (maybe).

5 minutes ago, denen123 said:

Yhhhh.

It's a reasonable twitch I often used.(play wider and increasing the tempo to higher) also came up during those times.Lukaku lacks alot to be your F9.maybe give him the Cf (s) role will improve it.even that makes me rethink.I always used dribblers and creative men there.

Richairo zivkovic

Gabriel Barbosa

Malcom 

Leo.

To name but a few.But in further matches,let's see how it goes.

Against bigger teams too I always make the twitch.but against teams I ought to be destroying or teams I'm having "19-0" on shots, I compress with higher defensive line and offside trap.making sure my CB's are marking those strikers well.Bailey and Jones have pace so no problem tracking back.*look for overlap (maybe).

Yeah i was thinking of having to go higher def line but i was worried that i might be trapped so didn't felt i need to take the risk particularly given the Defenders are very nervous for most of the match. 

But will try to see what i can do. Lukaku is good for me so far and i also have Zlatan who fits to DLP a bit more than Lukaku. 

6 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

Yeah i was thinking of having to go higher def line but i was worried that i might be trapped so didn't felt i need to take the risk particularly given the Defenders are very nervous for most of the match. 

But will try to see what i can do. Lukaku is good for me so far and i also have Zlatan who fits to DLP a bit more than Lukaku. 

Zlatan is slow😊.but illd prefer him to Lukaku In that role all day long

Archived