Loaning players out for a work permit

2 hours ago, Sunlinlad said:

I've just signed Mazimiliano Romero for Sunderland and he was refused a work permit. 

Where league will I need to loan him to to gain one?

cheers 

Well he needs to gain citizenship in an EU nation so therefore you need to loan him to a league in an EU nation.

In past versions Belgium was the best option but I think their citizenship rules have changed so you'll just have to look around yourself. Look at the rules section for each country in the EU and it'll tell you how long a player has to be there to become a citizen.

To get a Work Permit he needs to be playing for his International side (not sure if the appeal rules take into account his transfer and wages, the full rules are in the rules tab for the league), so the best thing would be to loan him to high enough rep club that would play him and get him into this international team. Otherwise to get him a Second Nationality you would need to loan him to a EU nation, however all of them now take five years to obtain nationality (apart from Spain if he is from certain South American countries where it only takes two years - I think Serbia is three years but they don't join until ~2022).

However the bigger problem you might have is what kind of Brexit you get, if you get one that still needs work permits then him getting an EU nationality would be no good to you, though you may be lucky and get the Brexit where Work Permits are got rid off and then you can freely play him afterwards.

Archived