Metallic Logos - Nation flags showing up instead of crest

Carlito85

I just recently upgraded from the 2011 metallics to 2017 and I'm having trouble getting the nation badges to show up. Instead I'm getting the metallic flags, both large/small icons as well as inside the player profile.

I checked the config for the flags and it's named config_bak, so I'm not quite sure why the flags are showing up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

The nation logos and flags both use the same config code, so if you want the logos you'll need to make sure the pack you downloaded only includes the logos and not the flags. (If it is a megapack you downloaded then read the instructions or change the page you downloaded it from as it might have special instructions on how to enable/disable alternatives).

4 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The nation logos and flags both use the same config code, so if you want the logos you'll need to make sure the pack you downloaded only includes the logos and not the flags. (If it is a megapack you downloaded then read the instructions or change the page you downloaded it from as it might have special instructions on how to enable/disable alternatives).

The instructions are really basic, i.e. extract to directory in graphics folder, and make sure use caching is on (didn't get that bit as that tends to disable graphics for me right now). The pack I downloaded didn't include flags (I had those already but disabled with older logos)

Would it be easier if I removed the flags config from the fm17 directory?

Also one thing that confused me was in the normal folder for the new nation logos, there is a config and a config_team. Should I be doing anything with those?

Yes you'd need to remove (or rename) the config file from the old flags to stop them showing up ahead of the new logos.

For the cache you need to turn it off to get the game to load the new logos, (I'm guessing its just a typo in the instructions) once the logos are showing you can turn it back on.

For the other config files with different names are they still xml files, if not then the game won't read them (I think if packs are created on macs the process of zipping the files seems to create some extra files that don't normally cause any problems), if they are then you can open them and just check the contents are the same as the normal config file, or if the readme doesn't tell you what to do with them you can just delete them.

I completely removed the flags and the config that goes with them out of the directory and the flags are still showing up. The config_team that's in Nations > Normal with the regular config is an XML file. Tried experimenting and moving both of those out of the directory and the flags are still there.

The config file has the code

<record from="ID number" to="graphics/pictures/nation/ID number/logo"/>

The config_team file has the code

<record from="ID number" to="graphics/pictures/nation/ID number/team"/>

This game is frazzling my mind lol.

Archived