It's Going to be our Year (Well we do say it every year)

mark wilson27

Played on FM17 Touch. Only English Database loaded

July 1st 2016:

In a shock move Liverpool has signed former Man.Utd player Mark Wilson on a one year contract. The fans are far from happy but the board believe he is the man to bring the Premier League trophy to Anfield for the first time since the 1989/90 season. Yes it has been THAT long....

The squad he has inherited is as follows:- Players highlighted in Italics are injured

Goalkeepers:

A.Manninger (39), S.Mignolet (28), L.Karius (23)

Defence:

R.Klavan (30), D.Lovren (26), M.Sakho (26), T.Ilori (23), J.Matip (24), N.Clyne (25), A.Moreno (23)

Midfield:

L.Leiva (29), K.Stewart (22), J.Henderson (26), M.Grujic (20), E.Can (22), J.Milner (30), A.Lallana (28), S.Mane (24), G.Wiljnaldum (25), P.Coutinho (24), R.Firmino (24)

Attackers:

D.Sturridge (26), D.Origi (21), D.Ings (23)

The physio has given me an injury update and the first team injuries are as follows:-

J.Matip will be out for 3-6 weeks with a sprained ankle

M.Grujic will be out for 3-7 weeks with concussion

M.Sakho will be out for 4-7 weeks with a damaged heels

L.Karius will be out for around 1-2 months with a broken hand

L.Leiva will be out for around 5-8 weeks with a pulled hamstring

July 4th:

Today I made my first signing as I brought in Stoke City 28yr old defender Ryan Shawcross for £15,250,000. The fee could eventually rise to £18,250,000

July 9th:

My first friendly saw us facing Tampine and we easily beat them 4-0 with D.Sturridge, D.Ings, P.Coutinho and A.Lallana grabbing the goals

July 19th:

My next signing sees Aleksandar Mitrovic joining from Newcastle for a fee of £25,000,000. He is a 21yr old Serbian striker

July 23rd:

Our next friendly sees us facing Waasland-Beveren and we made it hard work to beat them 3-2. P.Coutinho, E.Can and D.Origi all grabbed the goals

July 29th:

The odds for the Premier Division title sees us priced at 19/1 with the favourites being Man.Utd at 3-1. We have also been priced a 70/1 to go down

July 30th:

The final friendly of the month sees us facing Stade Rennais FC. We were by far the better side and beat the 2-1 with E.Can and P.Coutinho grabbing the goals. In truth though we should have scored about seven or eight.

August 2016:

August 2nd:

Our first friendly of the month saw us beating Modena away 2-0 with D.Ings grabbing a brace

August 5th:

I have been informed that J.Milner has decided to end his International career after playing 61 times for England and scoring just the one goal. It will be good news for the club as it means he will be hopefully fresher for the club.

We also played another friendly against Genclerbirligi and beat them 4-1 with goals from J.Milner, D.Sturridge, S.Mane and A.Mitrovic

August 8th:

I have been asked to pick my teams Captain and Vice Captain. Jordan Henderson will be the Captain with James Milner being my Vice Captain.

We also faced A.C. Milan in a friendly and beat them with ease 2-0 with D.Ings and P.Coutinho grabbing the goals

August 10th:

Injury news sees M.Grujic resuming full training after being out for around six weeks with concussion

August 11th:

The draw for the EFL Cup 2nd Round sees us drawn at home against Sky Bet League Two side Blackpool. Other news sees M.Sakho back to training after his heel injury

August 13th:

Chelsea (A) Premier Division (1/38)

Six minutes into the game we took the lead as S.Mane curled in from outside the area after beating the defence to a loose ball. On the 19th minute it was two nil with D.Sturridge heading in after the Chelsea defence went AWOL. However six minutes later D.Costa pulled a goal back with a fine strike which beat my keeper with ease. It was end to end football and with seven minutes remaining in the half Pedro levelled the scores with a low shot. The second half was just as entertaining with both the Chelsea side and my side going for it. On the 64th minute we retook the lead as R.Firmino beat the offside trap and slotted in past the diving keeper. Six minutes later though D.Costa levelled with his second of the game with a great effort which rattled in off the crossbar. On the 73rd minute Chelsea took the lead for the first time in the game with a wonderful strike from Oscar which would have beaten any keeper in the world. With two minutes remaining in the game the final goal was scored as R.Firmino headed in from a corner. What an opening game to the season

Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool D.Costa 25, 70, Pedro 38, Oscar 73 / S.Mane 6, D.Sturridge 19, R.Firmino 64, 88

August 18th:

Injury news sees L.Karius back to full training after recovering from his broken hand

August 20th:

Southampton (H) (2/38)

We played well again as we controlled the game with ease. Southampton (Liverpool's feeder club :)) didn't seem to get going but it took my side till the 39th minute to open the scoring as D.Ings rose above the defence and headed in from close range. The second half was all my side and on the 65th minute we grabbed another goal with R.Firmino running through the defence with ease and wasted no time in firing past the keeper. Five minutes later it was three nil with R.Shawcross silencing the critics with a brilliant header which no keeper would have been able to save. Southampton never got close to breaking through my defence.

Liverpool 3-0 Southampton D.Ings 39, R.Firmino 65, R.Shawcross 70

5 hours ago, gavrenwick said:

If we get £25mil for Mitrovic in real life in the future, I'd consider that a success, much like selling Sissoko for £30mil (everyone has forgotten about that nugget). Good luck with 'Pool.

I'm still waiting for Daniel Levy to take legal action against Mike Ashley for selling him someone pretending to be a footballer.

August 24th:

Blackpool (H) EFL Cup 2nd Round

Twelve minutes into the game I was forced into a change after D.Ings picked up a head injury. It was Blackpool who had the first chance of the game with a thunderous effort which had S.Mignolet at full stretch to save. Soon after we had the chance to score with a rasping effort which rattled the post. The second half of the game was all my side but it took till the 76th minute for us to break through the Blackpool resistance as D.Origi beat the offside trap and slotted in under the keeper. With nine minutes remaining in the game we made it two nil with D.Lovren heading in from a corner

Liverpool 2-0 Blackpool D.Origi 76, D.Lovren 81

The game saw D.Ings receive a mild concussion and will be out for around a week

August 25th:

The draw for EFL Cup 3rd Round sees us drawn at home again against Sky Bet Championship side Birmingham City

August 27th:

Arsenal (A) (3/38)

Arsenal were by far the better side and attacked us from the start. Luckily for us S.Mignolet was on fine form with save after save to deny Arsenal going into the half time interval four or five goals up. The second half wasn't much better with Arsenal controlling the play with ease. Again as in the first half S.Mignolet saved the day and was a worthy winner of the Man of the Match award

Arsenal 0-0 Liverpool

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: 8th (-4pts)

EFL Cup: 3rd v Birmingham

FA Cup: Not entered yet

salkster - I thought I'd see if I could win the League by October :D...In all truth I have never got into a Liverpool save so I thought I would do a full season and see how it went from their

September 2016:

September 10th:

Tottenham (H) (4/38)

Tottenham started the better and on the 7th minute H.Kane gave them the lead with a low effort which beat the keeper with ease. Nine minutes later though we made it 1-1 as D.Sturridge sprinted through the defence and slotted in under the keeper. On the 20th minute it was 2-1 as N.Clyne headed in a free-kick past the Spurs keeper. However straight from kick-off Tottenham equalised with H.Kane grabbing his second of the game with a thunderous effort. The score didn't stay level long as the Spurs defence fell asleep and S.Mane jinked into the area and fired with ease under the keeper.

The second half was much the same with both my side and the Tottenham side piling forward. On the 66th minute M.Sissoko made it 3-3 as he ran into the area unmarked and half volleyed a cross past the keeper to silence the Anfield crowd. The game was very open and with three minutes remaining in the game the winner was scored as M.Sakho slotted home from close range after some woeful Spurs defending. A cracking game for the fans

Liverpool 4-3 Tottenham D.Sturridge 16, N.Clyne 20, S.Mane 26, M.Sakho 87 / H.Kane 7, 21, M.Sissoko 66

September 17th:

Middlesbrough (H) (5/38)

Five minutes into the game my Liverpool side grabbed the lead as A.Mitrovic fired in from the penalty spot after a handball in the area. However after the goal the game seemed to slow up as we struggled to string more than a few passes together. Just after the half hour though Middlesbrough levelled the scores as some woeful defending and keeping saw V.Fischer lashing in from close range.

The second half was six minutes old when we retook the lead as A.Mitrovic headed in from a brilliant cross to send the Anfield crowd wild. My side carried on the forward pressure and with nine minutes remaining in the game D.Sturridge ran from the wing and unleashed a thunderous effort which gave the keeper little chance of saving.

Liverpool 3-1 Middlesbrough A.Mitrovic 5 pen, 51, D.Sturridge 81 / V.Fischer 32

September 21st:

Birmingham (H) EFL Cup 3rd Round

We made a good start and on the 19th minute we took the lead as S.Mane showed great vision to see the keeper off his line and lobbed him. Soon after we had another chance with a thunderous effort which beat the keeper but not the crossbar.

The second half saw us controlling the play and on the hour mark we came close to adding a second but the Birmingham keeper denied the striker with ease. We were all over Birmingham but just couldn't get past the stubborn defence. However Birmingham never came close to threatening us.

Liverpool 1-0 Birmingham S.Mane 19

Injury news sees P.Coutinho out for around a week after receiving a gashed head during the game

September 24th:

The draw for the EFL Cup 4th Round sees us facing a home tie against Premier Division rivals Tottenham

Leicester (A) (6/38)

We got off to the perfect start as on the 8th minute D.Sturridge volleyed us into the lead from outside the area. Ten minutes later the same player had another chance to score with a rasping effort which had the keeper at full stretch to save. Leicester weren't getting close to the ball but we failed to add another goal in the first half.

The second half saw Leicester starting to actually play and on the 64th minute they levelled the scores with a powerful effort from J.Vardy which gave my keeper little chance of saving. Eight minutes later some woeful defending saw R.Mahrez free of my defence and he wasted no time in curling the ball past the keeper. Leicester were all over us and just before the final whistle S.Mignolet saved a J.Vardy penalty after a handball in the area.

Leicester 2-1 Liverpool J.Vardy 64, R.Mahrez 72 / D.Sturridge 8

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: 5th (-4pts)

EFL Cup: 4th Rd v Tottenham

October 2016:

October 1st:

Stoke (A) (7/38)

Five minutes into the game Stoke took the lead as G.Imbula ran into the area unmarked and fired under the keeper. Stoke controlled much of the first half without coming close to scoring. The second half was much the same with Stoke dominating the play but on the 74th minute we countered one of the many attacks and R.Firmino curled in from outside the area. With a minute remaining in the game Stoke had the chance to get the three points they deserved but the crossbar denied the Stoke attacker from close range

Stoke 1-1 Liverpool G.Imbula 5 / R.Firmino 74

October 15th:

Burnley (H) (8/38)

After the International break we came back and played pretty damn well. Despite our dominating performance it took till the 37th minute for us to open the scoring as R.Firmino slotted home from close range after beating the offside trap.

We controlled the second half with ease and on the 65th minute we made it two nil with D.Sturridge running in from the wing and firing into the top corner. Fourteen minutes later it was three nil as D.Sturridge grabbed his second of the match with a low effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. We were all over the Burnley side and on the 87th minute we grabbed the final goal as J.Milner fired in from the penalty spot.

Liverpool 4-0 Burnley R.Firmino 37, D.Sturridge 65, 79, J.Milner 87 pen

October 22nd:

Everton (H) (9/38)

The first derby of the season and we controlled the play well. It took us till the 22nd minute for us to get close to scoring as we beat their defence with ease but the keeper saved well. Twelve minutes later though we grabbed the opening goal as J.Henderson fired a powerful effort into the net which gave the Everton keeper little chance of saving.

The second half was all my side and on the hour mark we had the chance to grab another goal but the Everton keeper again managed to save the day with a brilliant save from R.Firmino. Everton were being battered but for all our attacking we couldn't get past the keeper who rightly earnt the Man of the Match

Liverpool 1-0 Everton J.Henderson 34

October 25th:

Tottenham (H) EFL Cup 4th Rd

I fielded a full strength side for the cup tie but I might as well as fielded the reserves as Tottenham outplayed us with ease. The only shock about the game was that it took till the 37th minute for Tottenham to take the lead as S.Heung-Min rattled the ball in from outside the area. The second half was seven minutes old when a poor lapse in concentration by the Spurs keeper saw J.Henderson tapping in from close range. However after that it was all Spurs and just after the hour mark we had our keeper to thank after he saved a penalty from H.Kane. With a minute remaining in the game Spurs got the victory they deserved as C.Eriksen hit a powerful effort in off the crossbar from the edge of the area.

Liverpool 1-2 Tottenham J.Henderson 52 / S.Heung-Min 37, C.Eriksen 89

October 30th:

Bournemouth (A) (10/38)

A great game for the fans as both sides went for it. On the 20th minute my Liverpool side took the lead as J.Milner curled in from outside the area. Soon after we had another chance with a powerful effort which saw the Bournemouth keeper at full stretch. With eight minutes remaining in the half we added goal number two as J.Henderson headed in from a great cross. On the 43rd minute it was three nil as R.Firmino made a mockery of the Bournemouth defence with a jinking run followed by a powerful strike into the back of the net.

The second half though saw Bournemouth waking up and just before the hour H.Arter slotted home for Bournemouth after some poor defending. Bournemouth came close again on the 78th minute with a long range effort which beat my keeper but not the upright. With six minutes remaining in the game we were awarded a penalty which A.Mitrovic wasted no time in firing past the keeper. On the 89th minute Bournemouth pulled another goal back as C.Wilson slotted home but it was too little too late for the home side.

Bournemouth 2-4 Liverpool H.Arter 59, C.Wilson 89 / J.Milner 20, J.Henderson 37, R.Firmino 43, A.Mitrovic 84 pen

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: 2nd (-3pts)

EFL Cup: Knocked out in 4th Rd v Tottenham

November 2016:

November 5th:

Man.City (A) (11/38)

We began the game well and on the 24th minute we grabbed the lead with A.Mitrovic doing the honours from the edge of the area after beating the defence to a loose ball. Soon after we had another chance with a thunderous effort which had the City keeper at full stretch to save. We were all over City but struggled to get past the keeper who was on excellent form.

The second half was poor for us as we seemed to sit back more and it wasn't long till City had the chance to score but S.Mignolet saved well to deny them. However on the 72nd minute City levelled the scores as he jinked through my defence with ease and fired under the body of my keeper. With two minutes remaining in the game City had the chance to take all three points as they were awarded a penalty for handball but S.Mignolet saved well to deny the striker.

Man.City 1-1 Liverpool S.Aguero 72 / A.Mitrovic 24

November 19th:

Man.Utd (H) (12/38)

We made a cracking start as on the 4th minute A.Mitrovic slotted home from six yards after the Utd defence seemed to fall asleep. My side carried on the forward pressure and just after the half hour it was two nil with A.Mitrovic doing the honours from close range after running onto a great through-ball.

The second half though wasn't good for us as nine minutes in W.Rooney headed in after a keeping mistake by S.Mignolet. United seemed to kick on from the goal and dominated the half but it took till nine minutes from time for them to equalise as Z.Ibrahimovic showed great skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing past my keeper to give United a share of the points.

Liverpool 2-2 Man.Utd A.Mitrovic 4, 31 / W.Rooney 54, Z.Ibrahimovic 81

November 26th:

Hull (H) (13/38)

We started brilliantly as within a minute P.Coutinho gave us the lead with a powerful long range effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. On the 12th minute we grabbed another goal with R.Shawcross heading in froma corner after D.Sturridge's effort was tipped round the post. Six minutes later Hull were reduced to ten men after T.Huddlestone was sent off for a two footed lunge. We were all over Hull and on the 26th minute A.Mitrovic grabbed another goal for us with a low shot which the Hull keeper failed to get a hand too.

The second half was all us and just after the hour we should have grabbed another goal but we somehow failed to score from six yards when D.Sturridge was clear on goal. Hull had no answer to us and with eight minutes remaining in the game we grabbed goal number four as S.Mane fired in from the edge of the area

Liverpool 4-0 Hull P.Coutinho 1, R.Shawcross 12, A.Mitrovic 26, S.Mane 82

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: 3rd (-5pts)

EFL Cup: Knocked out 4th Rd v Tottenham

December 2016:

December 1st:

The monthly awards have been handed out and striker A.Mitrovic has picked up the Premier Division Player of the Month for November

December 3rd:

Swansea (A) (14/38)

Our European adventure this season sees us travelling to Wales for the game against Swansea and we played well with us dominating the Welsh side. However it took till just before the half hour for us to grab the lead as M.Sakho headed in a great cross from the byline. On the stroke of half time we had another chance with a powerful long range effort which had the Swansea keeper at full stretch to save.

The second half was all us but it took till the 74th minute for us to grab the killer goal as D.Sturridge ran onto a through-ball and fired under the keeper. Swansea never came close to threatening us and we have remained unbeaten in Europe this season :D

Swansea 0-2 Liverpool M.Sakho 28, D.Sturridge 74

December 5th: The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Round has taken place and we will face either Sky Bet League Two side Accrington or Sky Bet League One side side Bolton away from home

December 10th:

Sunderland (H) (15/38)

Sunderland controlled much of the first half with their passing game being 100% better than ours. However luckily for us S.Mignolet was on inspirational form and kept us still in the game at the end of the first half. During the interval I let the players know exactly what I thought of their performance.

The second half started brilliantly for us as my players responded to my half time team talk and within a minute we were in the lead as A.Mitrovic rounded the keeper and fired into the empty net. Soon after we had another chance to score with a curling effort which saw the Sunderland keeper at full stretch to save. We were all over the away side and on the stroke of full time we killed the game off as E.Can headed in from close range after the Sunderland keeper failed to deal with a free-kick

Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland A.Mitrovic 46, E.Can 90+1

December 14th:

Crystal Palace (H) (16/38)

A poor first half saw us both sides struggling to get more than a few passes together.

The second half wasn't much better with some real dire play and both sets of fan vented their frustration at the final whistle. Pathetic is the only word I could use.

Liverpool 0-0 Crystal Palace

I have been informed that we will be facing Bolton Wanderers in the FA Cup 3rd Round after they beat Accrington in the replay

December 18th:

West Ham (A) (17/38)

We controlled the first half with real ease and on the 24th minute A.Mitrovic gave us the lead with a rasping effort to the bottom corner of the net. Eleven minutes later it was two nil as A.Mitrovic rose above the defence and headed in from a corner. We were all over the West Ham side and just before the break we came close to scoring goal number three but the West Ham keeper saved well.

The second half though was a different story as West Ham came out fighting and on the 56th minute J.Collins pulled a goal back with a curling effort from the edge of the area. We weren't getting close to the ball and on the 73rd minute they came close to grabbing the equaliser but S.Mignolet denied the striker with a world class save. However with seven minutes remaining in the game West Ham equalised as S.Zaza beat the offside trap and fired under my keeper to give West Ham a share of the points.

West Ham 2-2 Liverpool J.Collins 56, S.Zaza 83 / A.Mitrovic 24, 35

December 21st:

West Brom (A) (18/38)

We dominated the game with ease and on the 19th minute we should have grabbed the lead but A.Mitrovic failed to hit the target from ten yards. Twelve minutes later we were awarded a penalty but D.Sturridge failed to hit the target despite sending the keeper the wrong way.

The second half was again all my side but for all our pressure we couldn't get through the stubborn West Brom side. Another dropped two points

West Brom 0-0 Liverpool

December 26th:

Watford (H) (19/38)

Seven minutes into the game we were reduced to ten men after A.Moreno was sent off for a professional foul. After the sending off though the game died a death as we struggled to get more than a few passes together. On the stroke of half time we were rightly booed off the pitch by our fans.

The second half wasn't much better with some real dire play. The only thing in our favour was the fact that Watford were pretty damn poor themselves. If we play like this against one of the big boys we will get a beating.

Liverpool 0-0 Watford

December 31st:

Chelsea (H) (20/38)

Ten minutes into the game we took the lead as R.Firmino rounded the Chelsea keeper and fired into the back of the net. Soon after we had another chance with a powerful effort which saw the Chelsea keeper at full stretch to save. Chelsea weren't getting near the ball and just before the break we came close again with a long range effort which had the keeper tipping it onto the crossbar.

The second half was much the same as we carried on the forward pressure and on the hour mark we had another chance with R.Firmino failing to convert from close range. After the chance Chelsea started to get more into the game and on the 77th minute we had our keeper to thank with a world class save to deny the away side. With three minutes remaining in the game though Chelsea levelled as E.Hazard hit a thunderous free-kick from 25 yards after a poorly timed challenge by my defence.

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea R.Firmino 10 / E.Hazard 87

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: Your numpty of a writer failed to record this :ackter:

FA Cup: 3rd Rd v Bolton

January 2017:

January 3rd:

Southampton (A) (21/38)

We had the slightly better start against our feeder club with some half decent play and on the 18th minute we had the chance to score with a low effort which beat the keeper but not the upright. Seven minutes later though we grabbed the lead as D.Sturridge ran into the area unmarked and headed a looping cross past the keeper. Just before the break Southampton had the chance to level the scores but my keeper performed heroics to deny them the goal.

The second half was all us as we carried on our forward pressure but for the love of god we just couldn't score but luckily for us Southampton failed to get close.

Southampton 0-1 Liverpool D.Sturridge 25

January 6th:

Transfer news sees E.Can joining Barcelona for a fee of £24,000,000 which could rise to £36,500,000

January 7th:

Bolton (A) FA Cup 3rd Rd

We got off to a good start as on the 10th minute D.Sturridge fired in from ten yards after beating the offside trap with ease. However after the goal we relaxed alittle and on the 27th minute Z.Clough rounded my keeper to slot the ball into the empty net. Bolton had another chance on the 41st minute with a long range effort which beat the keeper but not the crossbar.

The second half was pretty tight with the majority of the play being in the middle third of the pitch. Unfortunately we couldn't score and the game would have to go a replay

Bolton 1-1 Liverpool Z.Clough 27 / D.Sturridge 10

January 8th:

Transfer news sees D.Lovren joining Guangzhou for a fee of £13,500,000 which could rise to £19,750,000

January 9th:

More transfer news sees T.Ilori joining Norwich for £800,000 which could rise to £1,000,000. Other news sees the draw for the FA Cup 4th Round and if we beat Bolton in the replay we will be facing another away tie against Premier Division side West Brom

January 11th:

Transfer news sees Saldo Berahino joining us for a fee of £15,000,000 from West Brom, he is a 23yr old English striker. However he is out injured till the end of the month. Other transfer news sees R.Klavan joining Olympique Lyonnais for a fee of £4,000,000 which could rise to £5,000,000.

January 14th:

Arsenal (H) (22/38)

We got off to a terrible start as within four minutes we were a goal down as L.Kosclelny headed in past S.Mignolet. Soon after Arsenal came close to another goal but the keeper saved brilliantly to deny him. Arsenal were all over us and with seven minutes remaining in the half they grabbed another goal as M.Ozil curled in from the edge of the area. The half time interval saw the players booed off the pitch and during the interval I let rip at my players.

The second half started poorly again as Arsenal managed to get the ball in the back of the net however we had the referee to thank after he ruled it out for a foul. On the hour though and against the run of play we managed to grab a goal back as R.Firmino hit a speculative effort which beat the Arsenal keeper at his near post. The goal seemed to lift us and we started to control the game and with two minutes remaining in the game we levelled as H.Bellerin put the ball in his own net from a R.Firmino cross much to the delight of the Anfield crowd.

Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal R.Firmino 60, H.Bellerin 88 og / L.Kosclelny 4, M.Ozil 38

January 18th:

Bolton (H) FA Cup 3rd Rd Replay

A slow start to the game saw us struggling to get more than a couple of passes strung together. Luckily for us Bolton weren't much better but deep into half time injury time a poorly timed challenge in the area saw us awarded a penalty, A.Mitrovic stepped up and fired in with the last kick of the half.

The second half saw Bolton coming out more and on the 66th minute they levelled the tie with a powerful strike which beat the keeper with ease into the top corner. We weren't getting close to the ball as Bolton kept possession well in the middle third of the pitch, however deep into injury time we grabbed the winner a punt upfield was volleyed into the net by R.Firmino to send us through. A poor performance but we are through which is what matters

Liverpool 2-1 Bolton A.Mitrovic 45+2 pen, R.Firmino 90+3 / A.Samizadeh 66

January 21st:

Leicester (H) (23/38)

Twelve minutes into the game we were a goal down as J.Vardy barged into the area and fired with pace past my keeper. On the 18th minute it was two nil with D.Gray heading in with ease. Leicester were all over us and on the 34th minute we had the referee to thank as he ruled out another Leicester goal for a foul on the keeper. We were being outplayed in the first half and the fans rightly booed us off the pitch at half time.

The players though responded well to my half time words as six minutes into the half A.Lallana pulled a goal back with a low shot past the keeper. On the 59th minute we were on level terms as R.Shawcross rose above the defence and headed in a free-kick after some woeful Leicester defending. We were in complete control of the half and with four minutes remaining in the game R.Firmino gave us all three points with a powerful effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. A brilliant second half.

Liverpool 3-2 Leicester A.Lallana 51, R.Shawcross 59, R.Firmino 86 / J.Vardy 12, D.Gray 18

January 25th:

Tottenham (A) (24/38)

Another poor first half saw us struggling to get going with some real sloppy play. On the 25th Spurs punished us with a great team move which made my players look very amateurish (Please note salkster, I didn't do any sort of joke here). Just before the break though Spurs has another chance to score as their striker was one on one with my keeper which saw my keeper win.

The second half wasn't much better as Spurs piled forward but my defence actually played well and kept Spurs away from from scoring. With six minutes remaining in the game we punished Spurs for their inability to score as J.Milner tried a long range effort which beat the keeper into the top corner to give us an undeserved share of the points.

Tottenham 1-1 Liverpool A.Lacazette 25 / J.Milner 84

January 28th:

West Brom (A) FA Cup 4th Rd

We were outclassed from the start as West Brom dominated with ease. The only surprise was that it took till the half hour mark for them to open the scoring as N.Chadli headed in from close range. Just before the break they had another chance with a low effort which clipped the bottom of the upright.

The second half was all West Brom and on the 64th minute S.Rondon made it two nil with a powerful effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Five minutes later they added another goal with N.Chadli rounding the keeper after breaking through the defence. With eleven minutes remaining in the game we pulled a goal back as R.Firmino hit a curling effort from the edge of the area after running in from the byline. On the 87th minute it was 4-1 as S.Rondon beat my defence to a looping ball and headed in past my keeper. It didn't get any better as on the stroke of full time M.Phillips tapped in after some more woeful defending.

West Brom 5-1 Liverpool N.Chadli 30, 69, S.Rondon 64, 87, M.Phillips 90 / R.Firmino 79

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: 4th (-7pts)

FA Cup: Knocked out in 4th Rd v West Brom

February 2017:

February 1st:

Stoke (H) (25/38)

We started well and on the 14th minute we took the lead as M.Sakho hit a powerful effort into the top corner after beating midfield to a loose ball. Soon after we had another chance as A.Mitrovic ran through the defence and fired under the keeper but the ball went just wide of the post. With four minutes remaining in the half we were awarded a penalty after a handball in the area, A.Mitrovic stepped up and fired past the keeper with ease.

The second half saw us carry on the domination and just before the hour mark we were awarded another penalty but this time A.Mitrovic failed to convert. Stoke weren't getting near the ball but for all our pressure we failed to get close to adding another goal

Liverpool 2-0 Stoke M.Sakho 14, A.Mitrovic 41 pen

February 4th:

Middlesbrough (A) (26/38)

Like the previous game we dominated and on the 19th minute we took the lead as D.Sturridge rose above the defence and headed in off the crossbar. Middlesbrough couldn't get close to us and on the 34th minute we had another chance with D.Sturridge rattling the upright from just inside the area.

The second half was much the same and on the 77th minute we had another chance with A.Mitrovic curling the ball just wide of the post when it was easier to score. Seven minutes later we doubled our lead as S.Berahino hit a powerful effort past the keeper from outside the area.

Middlesbrough 0-2 Liverpool D.Sturridge 19, S.Berahino 84

February 11th:

Burnley (A) (27/38)

An entertaining game for the fans with plenty of attacking football but little in the way of defending. The only surprise of the first half was that it took till the 37th minute for the first goal to be scored as A.Mitrovic slotted home from close range.

The second half was all out attack and on 56th minute we took a two goal lead as S.Berahino headed in from just outside the area. Four minutes later Burnley pulled a goal back as S.Arfield headed in from a corner after my defence fell asleep. On the 76th minute Burnley were awarded a penalty after a rash challenge in the area, S.Defour stepped up and fired in past S.Mignolet. However straight from kick off we grabbed another goal as D.Ings fired in from ten yards after running onto a great through-ball. With four minutes remaining in the game R.Firmino hit a thunderous effort from 25 yards straight into the top corner. However straight from kick off we conceded as A.Gray beat the offside trap and slotted in under the keeper.

Burnley 3-4 Liverpool S.Arfield 60, S.Defour 76 pen, A.Gray 87 / A.Mitrovic 37, S.Berahino 56, D.Ings 77, R.Firmino 86

February 25th:

Bournemouth (H) (28/38)

Nine minutes into the game we took the lead as S.Berahino hit a powerful effort past the keeper from inside the area after beating the offside trap. However after the goal the game seemed to die a death with little in the way of action.

The second half wasn't much better for the fans with the only real action seeing L.Cook being sent off for a two footed lunge however we didn't take advantage, but three points are three points

Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth S.Berahino 9

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: 4th (-11pts)

March 2017:

March 5th:

Everton (A) (29/38)

We showed Everton how to play football with some brilliant play and on the 17th minute S.Berahino beat the defence to a loose ball and fired past the Everton keeper. Just after the half hour we had another chance with a thunderous effort which had the Everton keeper at full stretch to save. We were all over the Everton side and on the stroke of half time we came close again with a rasping effort which rattled the crossbar.

The second half was much the same but it took till the 69th minute for us to grab the next goal as A.Lallana showed some skill to beat the defence to a cross and wasted no time in heading the ball into the back of the net. Everton were not at the races and with eight minutes remaining in the game D.Sturridge rounded off the game with a fine strike which gave us a third goal and all three points

Everton 0-3 Liverpool S.Berahino 17, A.Lallana 69, D.Sturridge 82

March 15th:

Man.City (H) (30/38)

One of our biggest tests this season and it got off to a great start as M.De Sciglio headed in past his own keeper to give us an early lead. On the 5th minute it was two nil with P.Coutinho curling in a free-kick from 25 yards after he was brought down on the way to goal. It was becoming too easy and on the 27th minute A.Mitrovic made it three nil with a powerful effort which gave the keeper little chance of saving.

The second half much the same as we carried on the pressure an on the 76th minute P.Coutinho made it 4-0 with another free-kick which the keeper stood little chance of saving. However with a minute remaining in the game Man.City pulled a goal back as R.Sterling jinked into the area and fired under my keeper but it was too little too late

Liverpool 4-1 Man.City M.De Sciglio og 3, P.Coutinho 5, 76, A.Mitrovic 27 / R.Sterling 89

March 19th:

Man.Utd (A) (31/38)

The first half saw little in the way of action near the goals as both my side and the Untied side failed to get out of the middle third. The second half though saw my players reacting well to my words and on the 59th minute we took the lead as J.Milner fired in from the penalty spot after a foul in the area. We were controlling the United side and on the 73rd minute we made it two nil with K.Metip heading in from close range after the United keeper failed to deal with a simple cross. We had our final effort of the game on the stroke of full time as D.Sturridge tried his luck from ten yards but the the United keeper saved well to deny him.

Man.Utd 0-2 Liverpool J.Milner 59 pen, K.Metip 73

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: 2nd (Forgot to save the table so not sure how far behind)

Cheers salkster, the recent form has been excellent, the last result was a fluke :D. In all truth I was happy with the result as it shows the side are actually gelling at the right time

April 2017:

April 1st:

Awards news sees me winning the Premier Division Manager of the Month Award

April 9th:

Hull (A) (32/38)

We began well and on the 16th minute we took the lead as S.Berahino beat the offside trap and fired past the Hull keeper. However nine minutes later Hull levelled the scores with a well struck effort from outside the area. On the 35th minute we had another chance to score with a low effort which beat the keeper but not the upright.

The second half was ten minutes old when we retook the lead as S.Berahino grabbed his second of the game with a curling effort from just inside the area after running onto a great through-ball. We were in control of the game with Hull getting little of the ball in injury time we finished the scoring with S.Berahino heading in to complete his hat-trick

Hull 1-3 Liverpool A.Elmohamady 25 / S.Berahino 16, 55, 90+1

April 16th:

Sunderland (A) (33/38)

We dominated Sunderland with ease and on the 17th minute S.Mane ran through the defence with ease and fired under the Sunderland keeper. Eight minutes later we had another chance with a rasping effort which had the keeper at full stretch to save. On the 37th minute we added another goal with A.Mitrovic heading in from close range after the Sunderland defence seemed to fall asleep.

The second half was much the same as we carried on the pressure but the Sunderland keeper was on brilliant form to deny us any further goals.

Sunderland 0-2 Liverpool S.Mane 17, A.Mitrovic 37

April 22nd:

Swansea (H) (34/38)

We were making the games look easy now as the confidence flowed and on the 16th minute S.Mane beat the offside trap and fired past the keeper with real ease. Soon after we had another chance with a thunderous effort which had the Swansea keeper at full stretch. Just after the half hour though Swansea grabbed a goal as J.Amet put through his own net to give us a two goal lead.

The second half saw us carrying on the forward pressure and on the hour we had the chance to grab a third goal with A.Mitrovic missing from the penalty spot. With ten minutes remaining in the game we had another chance with a curling effort which saw the Swansea keeper tipping it onto the upright.

Liverpool 2-0 Swansea S.Mane 16, J.Amet og 31

With the win we have made sure of qualification to the Champions Cup for next season

April 29th:

West Ham (H) (35/38)

We started slowly and it was West Ham who had the first chance with a rasping effort which saw my keeper at full stretch to save. On the half hour they had another chance with a powerful shot but my keeper again saved well to deny them. However on the stroke of half time we took the lead against the run of play as S.Berahino headed in a looping cross.

The second half was three minutes old when we made it two nil with P.Coutinho curling a free-kick in from thirty yards after a rash challenge. West Ham weren't getting close to the ball and on the 71st minute S.Mane tapped in from close range to send the Anfield crowd wild. With six minutes remaining in the game we made it four nil with R.Firmino slotting into an empty net after running past the keeper with ease

Liverpool 4-0 West Ham S.Berahino 45, P.Coutinho 48, S.Mane 71, R.Firmino 84

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: 1st (+2pts)

May 2017:

May 1st:

I have again won the Premier Division Manager of the Month Award

May 6th:

West Brom (H) (36/38)

We seemed to struggle to get going in the first half with some very sloppy football. Luckily for us West Brom were just as bad. The second half was much better though as my team reacted to my half time choice words and nine minutes into the half we took the lead as R.Firmino curled in a wonderful free-kick from 25 yards after a poorly timed challenge. On the 74th minute we had another chance to score with a thunderous effort from R.Firmino but the West Brom keeper saved well to deny him. We had one last chance to score on the stroke of full time but A.Mitrovic's effort was brilliantly saved by the keeper.

Liverpool 1-0 West Brom R.Firmino 54

May 13th:

Crystal Palace (A) (37/38)

We could win the title today if we beat Palace and Arsenal lose at home to Burnley.

The players knew what to do and six minutes into the game they took the lead as P.Coutinho ran into the area unmarked and slotted home a low cross. On the 17th minute it was two nil with a rasping effort from S.Berahino. We were all over Palace in the first half but we failed to add to our tally.

The second half was much the same and on the 53rd minute we made it three goals as A.Lallana beat the offside trap to run onto a P.Coutinho through-ball and wasted no time in firing into the empty net after rounding the keeper. Eight minutes later we grabbed the final goal with D.Sturridge heading in from close range after the Palace defence failed to deal with a simple corner. We carried on the pressure but couldn't add any further goals to our tally.

Crystal Palace 0-4 Liverpool P.Coutinho 6, S.Berahino 17, A.Lallana 53, D.Sturridge 61

Arsenal won 2-0 so we will have to wait till the final day to see if we can win the title

May 21st:

Watford (A) (38/38)

Arsenal were facing Everton at home so we needed to make sure we won. A draw could see Arsenal take the Title on goal difference.

Five minutes into the game we took the lead as J.Henderson barged through the defence and fired with ease past the Watford keeper. However on the 21st minute Watford came close to equalising after my defence seemed to fall asleep. Just before the break we had our next chance to score with a powerful effort which rattled the crossbar after the Watford keeper had got a finger onto it.

During the interval I was informed that Arsenal were three goals up.

The second half was ten minutes old when Watford were reduced to ten men after V.Behrami was sent off for a second yellow card. On the 74th minute we came close to adding another goal but D.Sturridge somehow managed to fluff his effort from six yards after beating the offside trap. With five minutes remaining in the game we finally killed the game off and sealed the title as P.Coutinho headed in from close range after the Watford keeper misjudged a looping corner

Watford 0-2 Liverpool J.Henderson 5, P.Coutinho 85

Arsenal won 4-0 but due to us winning we were now Premier Division Champions for the first time since 1990.

End of Month Details:

Premier Division: Champions

May 22nd:

I was awarded the Manager of the Year Award for bringing the Title back to Liverpool. With the title in the bag I decided I had done what I wanted to do and handed my resignation. Obviously I wouldn't be able to move back to Manchester so off too sunny climates.

Cheers for reading

Mark

Archived