NHL salary cap

First of all, let me thank you for bringing this game back from the dead. I was still playing the old one and I am really enjoying this new version !!!

I have now completed 3 full seasons and almost at training camp for 4th season and have yet to see the NHL salary cap change, up or down. I do believe that they review it every year in RL NHL...

Am I missing something? I know that I can change the cap at the start of a game, but is EHM not gonna change the cap at some point? It's getting real hard to keep up with the long contracts and rising salaries. My team allows me 87M+ for salaries, but the league has not budged from 73M.  I don't mean to make it sky high, but just to fluctuate up or down as the real NHL does.

If the game does not currently change it, is there a mod out there that could do that?

Is SI/EHM planning on adding this with a future patch?

The game has a static economic model where players base their salary demands on a percentage of the CAP. The game does NOT model inflation and therefore the CAP does not change from year to year in-game.

You can use an editor to make changes but this will only lead to players asking for more (if a player is asking for $7.3m with a $73m CAP then he'll ask for $7.6m with a $76m CAP).

This is the way that EHM has worked in all versions since the first one.

As Ivan has noted, the game does not model salary inflation (and multiple long term tests have shown this)

The game also doesn't model escrow (IRL with the escrow the players pay every year more than tripling the Cap increase, the Cap effectively hasn't been rising; IRL the only reason the Cap increases is the players activate a contract clause, not because of an overall revenue increase...without the player's activating this clause the Cap would be going down every year, but instead the players just pay back significant portions of their salary)

Archived