Greatest idea ever....well not really.

i like the sound of a fitness test before the match especially for players that are half injured or have to have an injection?? the physio can then report back to say they are fit/ unfit and if fit...would they last 60 mins, 45 mins, 15 mins. then as a manager you can decide how to use them

i like the sound of a fitness test before the match especially for players that are half injured or have to have an injection?? the physio can then report back to say they are fit/ unfit and if fit...would they last 60 mins, 45 mins, 15 mins. then as a manager you can decide how to use them

The only question is when fitness tests happen. I mean, in some cases, players take more than one test, during the course of, say, a week. Often, what they pass or fail is 'late' fitness test. I presume these are the ones that take place on matchday.

Remember Liam Lawrence tripping over his dog? or Dave Beasant dropping a bottle of Salad Cream on his foot and missing a bit of the season in the early 90's at Chelsea. Also Keiron Dyer getting hit in the eye with a pole during a training exercise during his ill-fated time at Newcastle.

Archived