On the impending NHL expansion

• SI Staff

There are other leagues where we already know there will be changes for the 2017-18 season (like Mestis going back to 12 teams) but at the moment we cannot have rulesets in the database that change from year to year.

It is something that can be done in the future however and I will look to add something like that some day, but it will have to wait for a whole new version of the game, not just an update. It would also allow historical leagues to include future expansions etc in their databases, so moving through the historical years would be even more realistic. Obviously it would also require adding other new features such as expansion drafts etc to support league expansions properly within the game.

Edit: And obviously the built-in editor which is being worked on (and which will be added to the current version of the game in the 1.5 update hopefully) will allow you to make changes to the playable leagues in your databases, so that you can have a custom databases starting in 2017 with the expanded league format after the expansion has gone through in real life. The 3rd party editor in the works at TBL already allows people to test adding new playable leagues and modifying existing ones and there is a DB already there that has done such an expansion so it is all doable for a new starting DB.

Good to hear that about the editor, Riz.

The upcoming expansion draft is hugely interesting and I think it could be an extremely good move for EHM to implement it thoroughly. Perhaps the ability to take over Vegas in the summer of 2016 to prepare, scout, hire staff etc. At the very least, the expansion draft should be a option for starting point for the 2017-18 season in the game. It would bring so much hype to EHM, which we all hope for :)

Keep up the good work, Riz. I just landed my 2nd Cup with NYR in 2027 and the game just keeps on giving, rewarding and then challenging me again. Great job!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 09:36, Yankee112DK said:

Good to hear that about the editor, Riz.

The upcoming expansion draft is hugely interesting and I think it could be an extremely good move for EHM to implement it thoroughly. Perhaps the ability to take over Vegas in the summer of 2016 to prepare, scout, hire staff etc. At the very least, the expansion draft should be a option for starting point for the 2017-18 season in the game. It would bring so much hype to EHM, which we all hope for :)

Keep up the good work, Riz. I just landed my 2nd Cup with NYR in 2027 and the game just keeps on giving, rewarding and then challenging me again. Great job!

Not officially supported of course but see link below.  Second post has the downloads...in either save game or database format.  

Your Vegas dreams come true...kind of.

Archived