Preferred Formation

Do you think it is important to have staffs as same preferred formation as yours? I have an excellent assistant coach whose attributes are all awesome for our current level and we are on Skybet League 2 now.His preferred formation is different from mine and he is the best for giving advices about the tactic and team instructions at the club.I ignore his formation advice but approve the rest,yet we can't have good results.I know its not only because of it but does it have any effect ? Check his attributes below.Is it better to hire someone who has the same preferred formation as you?What about other staffs like youth development,scouts etc.?

staff.jpg

I read that your youth intake largely depends on the preferred formation (and attributes, personality, etc.) of your Head of Youth Development, and my experience seems to back that up. For example, if your HoYD likes to play with wingers then you will bring in lots of wingers. That's what happened with me, but I don't use wingers, so it turned out to be a mistake for me to have staff with conflicting tactics.

As for an Ass Man, I'm not sure how much it affects things besides tactical advice for matches, like you said. No matter how many times mine tells me to use a wide formation I won't, because I don't have any wingers, and you'd think he'd have realized that by now, yet he keeps on recommending it.

To answer your question, those stats are really, really impressive for your level (I'm in Serie B and wish I had that), so I couldn't imagine you'd really be much better off with a lesser man more in tune with your ideologies, especially considering you get to pick and choose what of his input to enact or ignore like you said. I predominately use mine for advice on opposition instructions during matches, so I look mostly for Judging Player Ability and Tactical Knowledge, and I doubt that has anything to do with preferred formations.

It has, in writing this, just occurred to me for the first time that preferred formations may also have an effect in training, but then again at our lower league levels we don't really have the luxury of picking staff on such details. I just pick whoever has the best attributes at the end of the day and really only consider preferred formations in HoYD as he literally brings in players to fit it, and I was relieved to find the best HoYD available to me also happened to fit my tactics anyway.

10 hours ago, whoopy said:

Do you think it is important to have staffs as same preferred formation as yours? I have an excellent assistant coach whose attributes are all awesome for our current level and we are on Skybet League 2 now.His preferred formation is different from mine and he is the best for giving advices about the tactic and team instructions at the club.I ignore his formation advice but approve the rest,yet we can't have good results.I know its not only because of it but does it have any effect ? Check his attributes below.Is it better to hire someone who has the same preferred formation as you?What about other staffs like youth development,scouts etc.?

staff.jpg

How did you get him to Boreham Wood and also to League Two?!?

10 hours ago, Weston said:

I read that your youth intake largely depends on the preferred formation (and attributes, personality, etc.) of your Head of Youth Development, and my experience seems to back that up. For example, if your HoYD likes to play with wingers then you will bring in lots of wingers. That's what happened with me, but I don't use wingers, so it turned out to be a mistake for me to have staff with conflicting tactics.

As for an Ass Man, I'm not sure how much it affects things besides tactical advice for matches, like you said. No matter how many times mine tells me to use a wide formation I won't, because I don't have any wingers, and you'd think he'd have realized that by now, yet he keeps on recommending it.

To answer your question, those stats are really, really impressive for your level (I'm in Serie B and wish I had that), so I couldn't imagine you'd really be much better off with a lesser man more in tune with your ideologies, especially considering you get to pick and choose what of his input to enact or ignore like you said. I predominately use mine for advice on opposition instructions during matches, so I look mostly for Judging Player Ability and Tactical Knowledge, and I doubt that has anything to do with preferred formations.

10 hours ago, Weston said:

It has, in writing this, just occurred to me for the first time that preferred formations may also have an effect in training, but then again at our lower league levels we don't really have the luxury of picking staff on such details. I just pick whoever has the best attributes at the end of the day and really only consider preferred formations in HoYD as he literally brings in players to fit it, and I was relieved to find the best HoYD available to me also happened to fit my tactics anyway.

Thanks for your precious comments.As you said, for lower league level it's kind of luxury :)

9 hours ago, HemHat said:

How did you get him to Boreham Wood and also to League Two?!?

I first signed a physcioterapist  who has also South Africa nationality.Thanks to him I could see more people including South Africa in staff search screen and I've found this guy but he was not keen on working as an Assistant he was a couch but I convinced him to be part of my team.By the way there are around 320.000 players in my database. 

Edit:My bad,I wrote it wrong we are on Skybet League One.Fighting for not to be relegated.

Archived