How do you use FM 2017 Editor?

SwithinDandy

It is a long time since I have used FM editor in any format and thus I have forgotten how to edit teams and players attributes etc. Does anyone have an "idiots guide" they could post a link to? There are plenty of threads on here telling people how to add teams. Leagues etc but I do not wish to do that, I want to edit what is already there. 

Many thanks guys in advance and I hope someone can help

Andy

No sorry can't seem to get my head round it. The previous editor had a box where you could type the name of the team or the competition you wanted to edit. This version doesn't have a type in search box. For example how do I find Buckie Thistle of the Highland League edit them and put them into the Scottish League? 

My previous FM edit was in FM 2012 this is very different. Remember I'm a Luddite when things are changed. 

It's just one extra screen.

You choose 'clubs' on the left and the opening screen has more drop-down options. You just choose 'name' [i.e. name of club, but if you choose something else it's name of person, name of competition etc) and type Buckie Thistle in that.

I like it - it's one extra screen to begin with, but if you're doing a lot of editing it's quite a time-saver.

Another idiot here... I can change the attributes but when i save it and load the game up, the changes havent happened despite me doing what i think should result in changes made. not used editor for years either. 

Edit: Some of the changes i made (contractual) have been implemented, attributes havent. 

2 hours ago, Swillo said:

Another idiot here... I can change the attributes but when i save it and load the game up, the changes havent happened despite me doing what i think should result in changes made. not used editor for years either. 

Edit: Some of the changes i made (contractual) have been implemented, attributes havent. 

Did you change the CAs as well? If the attributes are higher than the CA allows, they will be reduced. Also ages - young players can't start with very high mental attributes in particular, but others too.

53 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Did you change the CAs as well? If the attributes are higher than the CA allows, they will be reduced. Also ages - young players can't start with very high mental attributes in particular, but others too.

Ahh that will explain it. It was for a member of staff that I wanted to create for my team. Thanks for your help 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

C=

17 hours ago, NUFC1980 said:

my player i created dont even show up i created 7 players ranging in ability and when i load up fm they are no where to be seen

Could be many causes.

Firstly is your file actually loading into the game?

Secondly are they are just not being loaded from your file, you need to load enough players and load the right leagues/countries etc.

Other less possibble causes but those are the most common two.

On 19.5.2017 at 15:19, zarakicech said:

How to uninstall the in game editor?

This is not possible, you can only hide it in the preferences.

Archived