A Football Manager Mobile Career - Welling United

-Ironhide-

Hey guys, Ironhide here. About 10 minutes or so ago I revealed that I have no access to FM. So, before I went mad (just), I had a brainwave. Why don't I do a FMM career? So, here I am, manager of Welling United.

IMG_0274.PNG

No coaching qualifications, no nothing. Let's take this club to the top...

Key Players:

IMG_0275.PNGIMG_0276.PNGIMG_0277.PNGIMG_0279.PNG

Kadell Daniel: A 21 year old Guyanese winger. Decent pace and dribbling attributes for VNL level.

Harry Lee: A 20 year old English central midfielder. Strong, and good physical and decent mental stats. A worry with his passing attribute, though.

Sam Corne: An 18 year old English central midfielder. Decent passing, decisions and positioning, paired with okay physicals makes up this young talent.

Ricky Wellard: A 27 year old English central midfielder. Great aerial ability and passing for this level. Also our captain.

Those are our key players. But not all of them will fit into the tactic I have decided to play..

IMG_0278.PNG

IMG_0284.PNGTactical Style and Instructions:

IMG_0280.PNG

I have chosen to go with a 5-2-3, or as the game calls it - the 3-3-1-2-1. My wing backs will bomb up and down the flanks, leaving my APs on the wings to support the striker. My MC and my DMC are assymetrical, as their diagonal runs will confuse the attackers, in their attempts to win back possession and hit them on the counter attack.

IMG_0281.PNG

These are my roles. The DLF is to link up with both the APs, and the DLP.

IMG_0282.PNG

Pretty defensive TIs, because we are the weakest link in the Vanamara National League. Our target is to battle bravely against relegation. Can we achieve that target? Some new signings will be imminent.

IMG_0284.PNG 

Gareth Owen: A 19 year old Welsh goalkeeper. Some shocking stats, but apparently better than McEntegart, our current keeper. Will have to make do with.

IMG_0285.PNG

Jonny Rowell: A 25 year old English utility player. Can play CM, with some amazing stats for VNL. Will use as WBL most of the time.

IMG_0286.PNG

Robbie Threlfall: A 26 year old English wing back. Despite what it says on the tin, Robbie is not a competent WBL. That's where Jonny Rowell comes into play. Backup, mostly.

Friendly: Bristol Rovers v Welling

IMG_0287.PNG

A very one sided game did nothing to highlight my tactical mistakes. Sitting too deep allowed the League 2 side to work moves in my half, and I think the two stoppage time goals were undeserved.

Friendly: Salford City v Welling

IMG_0288.PNG

Changing my tactical approach to the game worked, but there was a lack of support for my striker. Tweaking a tiny bit more... Macclesfield in VNL next match.

----

November:IMG_0306.PNGIMG_0307.PNGIMG_0308.PNGIMG_0309.PNG

Yay! Unbeaten in scores! Annoying to be knocked out by Conference South team Truro - I guess trying to absorb attacks and hit on the break doesn't work when you're better. I got that much needed win against Gateshead in the league though. Sitting 10th after the end of November. A good start by Welling - better than in real life, I think.

December:

IMG_0310.PNGIMG_0311.PNGIMG_0312.PNGIMG_0313.PNGIMG_0314.PNGIMG_0315.PNGIMG_0316.PNGIMG_0317.PNG

A much better month I guess? 8th. A key player (Kadell Daniel) is refusing a new contract. If we take advantage of his disloyalty, we could really strengthen the squad for our playoff fight this season and our stability in VNL next season!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived